30 Powerful Bible Verses About Family KJV
In this article, we will be sharing with you some important bible verses about family KJV, what the bible says about family. Importance of love within the family and been our brothers keeper. Need for us to care for one another and things we need to avoid that is displeasing in the eye of God.
As we all know, family is one of the most important institutions in society, and it is important that we have strong family ties.
One of my favorite verses about family is the story of Ruth who after losing her husband made a decision to follow her mother-in-law wherever she goes.
When Naomi urged her to return back to her family home, Ruth's reply as recorded in Ruth 1:16-17 - "But Ruth replied, "Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. Wherever you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord punish me severely if I allow anything but death to separate us!".
These bible verses will help you to strengthen your relationships with your family members, and to learn how to love them unconditionally.
- Bible Verses About Family KJV
- Bible Verses About Family Unity KJV
- Bible Verses About Family Love KJV
- What are Good Family Quotes?
- What the Bible says about the importance of family?
- How can you become a better member of your family?
- Bible Verses About Family With Images
- FAQs About Family
Bible Verses About Family KJV
- Genesis 2:24 - "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."
- 1 Timothy 3:5 - "For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?"
- Exodus 20:12 - "Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee."
- Ephesians 3:14-15 - "For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,"
- Psalm 128:3 - "Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table."
- Proverbs 11:29 - "He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart."
- Colossians 3:20 - "Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord."
- Joshua 24:15 - "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
- Matthew 15:4 - "For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."
- Acts 16:31-34 - "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house."
- Proverbs 15:27 - "He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live."
- 1 Corinthians 11:3 - "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."
- Malachi 2:16 - "For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously."
- Acts 10:2 - "A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway."
- 1 Timothy 3:4 - "One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;"
- Ephesians 6:1-3 - "Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth."
- Genesis 18:19 - "For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him."
- Ephesians 5:21 - "Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God."
- 1 Peter 3:1 - "Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;"
- Proverbs 6:20 - "My son, keep thy father’s commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:"
Bible Verses About Family Unity KJV
- Proverbs 18:24 - "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."
- Ephesians 6:1-3 - "Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth."
- 1 Corinthians 12:25 - "That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another."
- Galatians 6:10 - "As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."
- 1 Timothy 5:8 - "But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."
- Proverbs 22:6 - "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
- James 5:16 - "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
- John 15:15 - "Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you."
Bible Verses About Family Love KJV
- 1 Corinthians 13:7 - "Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."
- 1 Peter 3:8 - "Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind."
- Proverbs 17:17 - "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."
- Colossians 3:19 - "Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them."
- John 15:12 - "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."
- John 15:13 - "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Proverbs 15:17 - "Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith."
What are Good Family Quotes?
- A happy home is a self-renewing source of energy and inspiration. - Ken Blanchard
- There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day knowing that his family is inside. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The family is the basic building block of society. - William J. Bennett
- If the family is the foundation of society, then marriage is the foundation of the family. - Mike Huckabee
- A family is a place where principles are hammered and honed on the anvil of everyday living. - Chuck Swindoll
- The love of a family is life's greatest blessing. - Unknown
- The home is the first and most important school of life. - John Ruskin
- We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves. - Henry Ward Beecher
- In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds us closer together, and the music that brings harmony. - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- Families are like mirrors: we see in them what we are. - Richard Bach
- What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. - Martin Luther
- Charity begins at home, but should not end there. - Thomas Fuller
- Be the kind of family that anchors people in God's love. - Henri Nouwen
- The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege. - Charles Kuralt
- There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child. - Henry Ward Beecher
- We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools. - Martin Luther King Jr.
- He that loves not his wife and children feeds a lioness at home, and broods a nest of sorrows. - Jeremy Taylor
What the Bible says about the importance of family?
The Bible is clear that the family is important to God. In Genesis, we see that God created Adam and Eve and tasked them with populating the earth and taking care of it (Genesis 1:28). From the very beginning, God intended for families to be together.
The second chapter of Genesis goes on to describe how God created woman as a helper for man (Genesis 2:18). This shows us that families are not meant to be alone, but rather to help and support each other.
The Bible also teaches that children are a blessing from the Lord (Psalm 127:3-5). In today's world, it is easy to see children as a burden, but the Bible tells us that they are a blessing and a heritage from the Lord.
The family is also important to God because it is through families that we learn to love and serve others. The Bible says that husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5:25). Wives are to submit to their husbands as unto the Lord (Ephesians 5:22). Parents are to bring up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4).
How can you become a better member of your family?
The Bible has a lot of wisdom to offer on how we can become better members of our families. Here are a few verses to consider:
- "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." - Ephesians 4:32
- "Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good." - Romans 12:9
- "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." - Ephesians 4:29
These verses emphasize the importance of love, kindness, and respect within our families. We should aim to be compassionate and understanding towards each other, as well as forgiving when necessary. We should also make a concerted effort to only say things that are positive and helpful, instead of harmful words.
Bible Verses About Family With Images
1. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, - Ephesians 5:25
2. My son, keep your fathers command and do not forsake your mothers teaching. - Proverbs 6:20
3. A wife of noble character is her husbands crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones. - Proverbs 12:4
4. So we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. - Romans 12:5
5. Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! - Psalm 133:1
FAQs About Family
What The Bible Says About Family
That fruitfulness commandment by God is the reason for the families we have today. It's very essential for all Christian families to be aware that the devil is against this order of God. It's only through the knowledge and application of the word of God that we can overcome the plans of Satan.
What is a good Bible verse about family?
"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate." - Psalm 127:3-5
What does the Bible say about family unity?
The Bible has a lot to say about family unity! In Genesis, we see that God created Adam and Eve and told them to "be fruitful and multiply" (Genesis 1:28). From the very beginning, God intended for families to be united. And throughout the Bible, we see many examples of families who were united in their faith and in their love for one another.
One of my favorite Bible verses about family unity is Psalm 133:1, which says "How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!" This verse reminds us that when we are united as a family, it is a very good and pleasant thing. And it also tells us that unity is something that we should strive for.
What is the meaning of Psalm 133?
"Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!" - Psalm 133:1. This verse from Psalm 133 is a beautiful reminder of the blessings that come from unity within a family. When brothers and sisters are united, it is a good and pleasant thing. There is joy, peace, and love when they are together.
What are the causes of a broken family?
There are many different reasons why a family might become broken. Some common causes of a broken family include:
-Death of a spouse or parent
-Addiction or substance abuse
-Physical or emotional abuse
-Infidelity or adultery
-Lack of communication
If you are experiencing problems in your family, it is important to seek God in prayer. The Bible says, "And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it" (1 Corinthians 12:26). This means that we should support and pray for each other even when times are tough.
We hope that you have been blessed by our collection of bible verses about family or what the bible says about family that covers the role of a father and mother in the family.
Leave a Reply