30 Powerful Bible Verses About Welcoming Visitors
In this post we will be looking at some powerful bible verses about welcoming visitors (welcoming scriptures), bible verses about hospitality, bible verses about welcoming strangers or what does the bible say about hospitality. Showing hospitality is one of the most important biblical teachings in all of Scripture.
God expects us show hospitality to strangers because you do not know when an angel of the Lord would visit you (Hebrews 13:2). When we feel like we are overworked or simply too busy, it can be difficult to find the time to welcome strangers into our home. We are so focused on ourselves that we forget about others.
- Bible Verses About Welcoming Visitors
Bible verses about Hospitality
- 16. Acts 16:15
- 17. Hebrews 13:16
- 18. Isaiah 58:7
- 19. Romans 16:23
- 20. 2 Kings 4:8
- 21. 1 Peter 4:11
- 22. Titus 1:8
- 23. Ephesians 6:7
- 24. Luke 10:38
- 25. Leviticus 24:22
- 26. Mark 9:41
- 27. Galatians 5:13
- 28. Matthew 25:40
- 29. Romans 12:13
- 30. Galatians 6:10
- 31. Matthew 10:40-42 (KJV)
- 32. 1 Peter 4:8 (KJV)
- Examples of Hospitality in the Bible
- How To Welcome Visitors To Church Quotes
- What does the Bible say about showing hospitality?
- What does the Bible say about the gift of hospitality?
- How should Christians treat strangers?
- Which Bible passage talks about Hospitality?
- What Bible verse says therefore welcome one another?
Bible Verses About Welcoming Visitors
1. 1 Timothy 5:10
"And having a reputation for good works: if she has brought up children, has shown hospitality, has washed the feet of the saints, has cared for the afflicted, and has devoted herself to every good work."
2. Leviticus 19:33
"When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong."
3. 1 Timothy 3:2
"Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach."
4. Genesis 24:31
"He said, Come in, O blessed of the Lord. Why do you stand outside? For I have prepared the house and a place for the camels."
5. 1 Peter 4:9
"Show hospitality to one another without grumbling."
6. Exodus 22:21
"You shall not wrong a sojourner or oppress him, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt."
7. Proverbs 31:20
"She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy."
8. Acts 28:2
"The native people showed us unusual kindness, for they kindled a fire and welcomed us all, because it had begun to rain and was cold."
9. 3 John 1:5
"Beloved, it is a faithful thing you do in all your efforts for these brothers, strangers as they are."
10. Romans 16:2
"That you may welcome her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints, and help her in whatever she may need from you, for she has been a patron of many and of myself as well."
11. Job 31:32
"The sojourner has not lodged in the street; I have opened my doors to the traveller."
12. Hebrews 13:2
"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."
13. Exodus 23:9
"You shall not oppress a sojourner. You know the heart of a sojourner, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt."
14. Leviticus 19:34
"You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God."
15. Leviticus 19:10
"And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God."
Bible verses about Hospitality
16. Acts 16:15
"And after she was baptized, and her household as well, she urged us, saying, If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay. And she prevailed upon us."
17. Hebrews 13:16
"Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God."
18. Isaiah 58:7
"Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?"
19. Romans 16:23
"Gaius, who is host to me and to the whole church, greets you. Erastus, the city treasurer, and our brother Quartus, greet you."
20. 2 Kings 4:8
"One day Elisha went on to Shunem, where a wealthy woman lived, who urged him to eat some food. So whenever he passed that way, he would turn in there to eat food."
21. 1 Peter 4:11
"Whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies-in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen."
22. Titus 1:8
"But hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined."
23. Ephesians 6:7
"Rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man."
24. Luke 10:38
"Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house."
25. Leviticus 24:22
"You shall have the same rule for the sojourner and for the native, for I am the Lord your God."
26. Mark 9:41
"For truly, I say to you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to Christ will by no means lose his reward."
27. Galatians 5:13
"For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another."
28. Matthew 25:40
"And the King will answer them, Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me."
29. Romans 12:13
"Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality."
30. Galatians 6:10
"So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith."
31. Matthew 10:40-42 (KJV)
"He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward. And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward."
32. 1 Peter 4:8 (KJV)
"And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins."
Examples of Hospitality in the Bible
1. Abraham and Sarah's example of hospitality in the Bible is a great example of how we should treat strangers - Genesis 18:1-8
2. Lot's example of hospitality in the Bible shows us that even in the midst of great trials and difficulties, we should show kindness and hospitality to others - Genesis 19:1-3
3. The widow of Zarephath's example of hospitality in the Bible is a powerful reminder that God provides for us even when we are unable to do so for ourselves - 1 Kings 17:8-16
4. Rahab's example of hospitality in the Bible teaches us that we should be willing to extend grace and mercy to others, even if they do not deserve it - Joshua 2:1-14
5. The good Samaritan's example of hospitality in the Bible teaches us that we should go out of our way to help others, even if it is inconvenient or risky - Luke 10:25-37
6. The disciples' example of hospitality in the Bible shows us that we should be willing to share what we have with others, even if it is not much - Luke 9:10-17
7. Martha and Mary's example of hospitality in the Bible teaches us that we should seek to serve others in whatever way we can - Luke 10:38-42
8. The Pharisee and the tax collector's example of hospitality in the Bible teaches us that we should be humble and willing to admit our need for help - Luke 18:9-14
9. The rich man and Lazarus' example of hospitality in the Bible teaches us that we should be generous with what we have, even if it means making sacrifices - Luke 16:19-31
10. Paul and Silas' example of hospitality in the Bible shows us that we should be willing to share the gospel with others, even if it means suffering for it - Acts 16:16-40
How To Welcome Visitors To Church Quotes
- You are welcome sir
- Your are welcome brethren
- God bless you for coming today
- Thank you for attending service today
- Thank you for worshiping here with you
- You are most welcomed to our service today
- Thank you for visiting us today. Have a blessed day
- You are blessed and highly favored
- We greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
What does the Bible say about showing hospitality?
The Bible is quite clear on the importance of showing hospitality to visitors. One of the most famous examples of this is when Abraham welcomed three strangers into his tent and offered them food and drink.
- Exodus 23:9 (NLT) - "Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt."
- Luke 10:33 (KJV) - "But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him"
What does the Bible say about the gift of hospitality?
The Bible speaks a great deal about the gift of hospitality. It is a part of who we are as Christians. This is even seen in the Old Testament, where travelers are welcomed into a city or town before they could pass through the gates into that city.
In the New Testament, hospitality becomes an act of love and service. Jesus takes this idea and teaches us how it should be done in Luke 10:5-6 when he says "Whatever house you enter, first say 'peace be to this house!' Then if a peaceful person lives there, your peace will rest on him; but if not, it will return to you."
How should Christians treat strangers?
As Christians, we are called to treat strangers with hospitality and kindness since we are made in the image of God. The bible is full of references to strangers and how they should be treated.
One of the most well-known stories is the story of the Good Samaritan, a man who stopped to help a stranger. This story teaches us that we should not be afraid to show hospitality and kindness to someone whom we do not know.
The word of God teaches us that we should love our neighbours as ourselves, which includes showing hospitality and kindness towards those in need to help or strangers we come across.
Also as much as we want to show hospitality to strangers who come to our homes, we must do this we caution as we do not know who has good intensions or evil intensions.
I do know that the God that we serve will protect us from such individuals and He would send those with good intensions our way.
Which Bible passage talks about Hospitality?
In 1 Timothy 5:10, the Bible talks about supporting widows if they possess these characteristics - "She must be well respected by everyone because of the good she has done.
Has she brought up her children well? Has she been kind to strangers and served other believers humbly? Has she helped those who are in trouble? Has she always been ready to do good?"
What Bible verse says therefore welcome one another?
Romans 15:7 - Therefore welcome one another, just as our Lord Christ also welcomed you, to the glory of God.
We hope that you have been blessed by these collection of powerful bible verses about welcoming visitors, bible verses about hospitality, bible verses to welcome church members or what does the bible say about hospitality.
Don’t forget to also checkout our blog section for more frequently asked bible questions and quizzes.
Leave a Reply