50 Matthew Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
Are you ready for another challenge on the book of Matthew Bible trivia questions and answers with Bible verse reference?
This Bible quiz questions from the book of Matthew will cover about 50 carefully selected quiz questions about the book of Matthew. How well do you know the events and characters in Matthew?
Go ahead and test your knowledge on the Gospel of Matthew multiple choice questions.
See also: Mark Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
Matthew Bible Trivia Multiple Choice Questions and Answers
Q1: What was Matthews profession before he became a disciple of Jesus?
D: Tax collector
Q2: And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my __?__, and the gates of death will not overcome it
Q3: What does "Emmanuel" mean in the book of Matthew?
A: God is love
B: God with us
C: God will save us
D: Peace be with us
Q4: What gifts did the wise men from the East give to Baby Jesus?
A: Gold, Silver, Bronze
B: Iron, Gold, Silver
C: Gold, Frankincense, Myrrh
D: Robes, Diamond, Myrrh
Q5: When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his __?
D: Glorious throne
Q6: Jesus fasted for how many days in the wilderness before the devil tempted Him?
A: 50 days
B: 30 days
C: 40 days
D: 7 days
Q7: In the "Sermon on the Mount", who did Jesus say would see God?
A: Pure in heart
Q8: What was John the Baptist’s food while he lived in the wilderness?
A: Fruits & Wild Honey
B: Bread & Honey
C: Fruit & Vegetables
D: Locusts & Wild Honey
Q9: Blessed are the __?__, for they will be called children of God.
B: Kind in heart
Q10: John the Baptist said to the people that Jesus will baptize them with what?
A: Holy Spirit & Fire
B: Water & Fire
C: Holy Spirit & Water
D: Food & Wine
Q11: You are the __?__ of the earth and __?__ of the world.
A: Lamp & Light
B: Salt & Light
C: Hope & Treasure
D: Kings and Queens
Q12: Love your __?__ and pray for those who persecute you.
Q13: Jesus speaking of the end of the world said, the angels will gather up the wicked and throw them into what?
A: Lion's den
B: An empty void
C: A furnace
D: Dragon's mouth
Q14: What was it about the centurion that caused Jesus to marvel?
Q15: Blessed are the __?__, for they will inherit the earth.
C: Pure in heart
D: Poor in Spirit
Q16: What did Jesus promise those who would come to Him weary and burdened?
Q17: When Jesus was baptized at the Jordan, the Holy Spirit descended on him in the form?
Q18: Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to __?__.
Q19: Blessed are the __?__, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
B: Poor in Spirit
D: Pure in heart
Q20: Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to who?"
C: The kings
D: The nations
Matthew Bible Trivia Multiple Choice Question Answers
- Tax Collector (Matthew 9:9)
- Church (Matthew 16:18)
- God with us (Matthew 1:23)
- Gold, Frankincense, Myrrh (Matthew 2:11)
- Glorious throne (Matthew 25:31)
- 40 days (Matthew 4:2-3)
- Pure in heart (Matthew 5:8)
- Locusts & Wild Honey (Matthew 3:4)
- Peacemakers (Matthew 5:9)
- Holy Spirit & Fire (Matthew 3:11)
- Salt & Light (Matthew 5:13-14)
- Enemies (Matthew 5:44)
- A furnace (Matthew 13:47-50)
- Faith (Matthew 8:10)
- Meek (Matthew 5:5)
- Rest (Matthew 11:28)
- Dove (Matthew 3:16)
- Fulfill (Matthew 5:17)
- Poor in Spirit (Matthew 5:3)
- Me (Matthew 28:18)
Bible Quiz From Matthew with Answers
- Question: Who is the author of the book of Matthew?
Answer: The book of Matthew was written by Matthew, also known as Levi, a tax collector who became one of Jesus' disciples.
- Question: Who was the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary?
Answer: Jacob was the father of Joseph (Matthew 1:16).
- Question: Who appeared to Joseph in a dream to tell him that Mary's child was conceived by the Holy Spirit?
Answer: An angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream (Matthew 1:20).
- Question: What does "Immanuel" mean?
Answer: "Immanuel" means "God with us" (Matthew 1:23).
- Question: According to Jesus, what is the greatest commandment in the Law?
Answer: The greatest commandment is to "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind" (Matthew 22:37).
- Question: What was the name of the place where Jesus was crucified?
Answer: Jesus was crucified at a place called Golgotha (Matthew 27:33).
- Question: Who was the Roman governor who presided over the trial of Jesus?
Answer: Pontius Pilate was the Roman governor who presided over the trial of Jesus (Matthew 27:2).
- Question: Who asked Pilate for Jesus' body after His crucifixion?
Answer: Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for Jesus' body (Matthew 27:58).
- Question: What is the Great Commission that Jesus gave His disciples?
Answer: The Great Commission is to "go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you" (Matthew 28:19-20).
- Question: In the Parable of the Weeds, who does the owner of the field represent?
Answer: The owner of the field represents God (Matthew 13:37).
- Question: Who did Jesus say was the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
Answer: Jesus said that unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of a child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 18:3-4).
- Question: What did Jesus say about divorce in the Sermon on the Mount?
Answer: Jesus said that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery (Matthew 5:32).
- Question: What did Jesus say about oaths in the Sermon on the Mount?
Answer: Jesus said not to swear an oath at all, but to let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No' (Matthew 5:34-37).
- Question: Who did Jesus say John the Baptist was the reincarnation of?
Answer: Jesus said that John the Baptist was the Elijah who was to come (Matthew 11:14).
- Question: What did Jesus say about fasting in the Sermon on the Mount?
Answer: Jesus said when you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, but put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen (Matthew 6:16-18).
Matthew Bible Quiz with Answers
- Question: What did Jesus say about judging others in the Sermon on the Mount?
Answer: Jesus said not to judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you (Matthew 7:1-2).
- Question: What did Jesus say about treasures in heaven in the Sermon on the Mount?
Answer: Jesus said to store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal (Matthew 6:20).
- Question: What did Jesus say about the narrow and wide gates in the Sermon on the Mount?
Answer: Jesus said to enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it (Matthew 7:13-14).
- Question: What did Jesus say about false prophets in the Sermon on the Mount?
Answer: Jesus said to watch out for false prophets who come in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves (Matthew 7:15).
- Question: What did Jesus say about building a house on the rock in the Sermon on the Mount?
Answer: Jesus said that everyone who hears his words and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock (Matthew 7:24).
- Question: Who did Jesus heal at the home of Peter?
Answer: Jesus healed Peter's mother-in-law who was suffering from a fever (Matthew 8:14-15).
- Question: What did Jesus do when he saw a large crowd around him in Capernaum?
Answer: Jesus gave orders to cross to the other side of the lake (Matthew 8:18).
- Question: What did Jesus do when he got into a boat and his disciples followed him?
Answer: Jesus calmed the storm that arose while they were on the lake (Matthew 8:23-27).
- Question: What did Jesus do when he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes?
Answer: Jesus healed two demon-possessed men (Matthew 8:28-34).
- Question: What did Jesus do when he saw the crowds in Matthew 9?
Answer: Jesus had compassion on them because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd (Matthew 9:36).
- Question: What did Jesus do when he called his twelve disciples to him?
Answer: Jesus gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness (Matthew 10:1).
- Question: Who were the twelve apostles that Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel"?
Answer: The twelve apostles were Simon (who is called Peter), his brother Andrew, James son of Zebedee, his brother John, Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, Matthew the tax collector, James son of Alphaeus, Thaddaeus, Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot (Matthew 10:2-4).
- Question: What did Jesus say about anyone who loves their father or mother more than him?
Answer: Jesus said that anyone who loves their father or mother more than him is not worthy of him (Matthew 10:37).
- Question: What did Jesus say about anyone who finds their life will lose it, and anyone who loses their life for his sake will find it?
Answer: Jesus said that anyone who welcomes him welcomes the one who sent him (Matthew 10:39-40).
- Question: What did Jesus say about anyone who gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is his disciple?
Answer: Jesus said that truly they will not lose their reward (Matthew 10:42).
Bible Quiz Questions and Answers from the book of Matthew pdf
We hope that you have been blessed and learnt something from our collection of fun bible quiz questions on the book of Matthew Bible trivia questions.