November Trivia Questions and Answers 2024
November is a transition month, marking the end of fall and the beginning of winter. It's the time of year when we feel the chill in the air and the days get shorter.
But there's more to this month than just the changing seasons. November is full of exciting history, traditions, and events worth exploring.
In this article, we'll test your knowledge of November with our November trivia questions and answers. So, grab a warm drink and get ready to learn some fun facts about this eleventh month of the year.
For more monthly quiz, see also October Trivia Quiz.
November Trivia Questions And Answers
- What event on November 21, 1783, marked history's first successful human-crewed flight? Answer: The Montgolfier brothers' hot air balloon flight
- What does the word November mean in Latin? Answer: Nine
- What famous American explorer discovered the Pacific Ocean on November 10, 1519? Answer: Ferdinand Magellan
- Complete this Poem by Sir Walter Scott: "November's sky is chill and ___, November's leaf is red and sear." Answer: drear
- What tragic event occurred on November 8, 2018, when a wildfire destroyed much of Paradise, California? Answer: Camp Fire
- November birthdays are associated with two gems; Citrine and what other gem? Answer: Topaz
- On November 9, 1989, what event took place that marked the beginning of the end of the Cold War? Answer: The fall of the Berlin Wall
- Which retail store is credited with starting the tradition of offering Black Friday deals in the UK? Answer: Amazon
- What historic speech was given by President Abraham Lincoln on November 19, 1863? The Gettysburg Address
- Where did the first meeting of the League of Nations take place on November 15, 1920? Answer: Geneva
This Day In History November
- Which famous bestselling novel was written entirely in the month of November? Answer: "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern
- Which U.S. president declared November as National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness Month? Answer: Ronald Reagan in 1986
- On November 1, 1512, what famous artwork was unveiled on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City? Answer: The Creation of Adam by Michelangelo
- What significant event occurred on November 2, 1983, when President Ronald Reagan signed a bill making it a federal holiday? Answer: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- What important treaty was signed on November 4, 1995, in Dayton, Ohio, ending the war in the Balkans? Answer: Dayton Accords
- Which British monarch was the target of a failed assassination plot on November 5, 1605, and this incident later inspired the holiday celebrated as Guy Fawkes Night in the UK? Answer: King James I
- The 19th quadrennial presidential election in U.S. took place on November 6th in what year? Answer: 1860
- Which communist revolutionary and his Bolshevik party seized power in Russia in 1917, leading to the establishment of the Soviet Union? Answer: Vladimir Lenin
- What historical event occurred on November 15, 1867, which led to information being transmitted in real-time in New York City? Answer: The invention of the stock ticker
- Which US president delivered a famous speech at the dedication of the Soldiers' National Cemetery in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania on November 19, 1863? Answer: Abraham Lincoln
November Holidays and Observances
- What is the name of the American holiday that is observed yearly on November 11, and honors veterans who have served in the U.S. military? Answer: Veterans Day
- Which holiday is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States? Answer: Thanksgiving Day
- Armistice Day is set aside on November 11th to honor military veterans who have served in various conflicts. Armistice Day is also known as what in U.S.? Answer: Veterans Day
- What Christian holiday is marked on November 1st to honor all the saints, known and unknown? Answer: All Saints' Day
- The National Authors Day was established in 1928 to show appreciation for American authors by who? Answer: Nellie Verne Burt McPherson
- What day is marked to encourage and promote acts of kindness and generosity towards others? Answer: World Kindness Day
- What Scottish holiday is marked for November 30th to celebrate the country's patron saint, St. Andrew? Answer: Andrew's Day
- Black Friday is an important shopping day, with retailers offering discounts and special deals a day after what U.S. holiday? Answer: Thanksgiving Day
- What day is set aside on November 3rd to celebrate the creation of the sandwich? Answer: National Sandwich Day
- On what date is the Universal Children's Day, a day set aside to promote the welfare and rights of children around the world? Answer: November 20th
Sporting Events In November
- The AFC Champions League is an annual football competition for clubs in Asia. In which country was the final match of the 2022 AFC Champions League held? Answer: Saudi Arabia in November 23
- What is the name of the annual horse race that takes place on the first Tuesday of November in Australia? Answer: Melbourne Cup
- Which NFL team was first to host a Thanksgiving Day game on November 1934? Answer: The Detroit Lions
- What edition of The finals of the ICC World T20 (men) took place at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne on 13 Nov, 2022? Answer: The 8th Edition
- The 2022 Wheelchair Rugby League World Cup Final held in November was between France and which other country? Answer: England
- Who did Dillian Whyte fight on November 26, 2022? Answer: Jermaine Franklin
- What annual Formula One race event takes place in Brazil yearly in November? Answer: The Brazilian Grand Prix
- What do you call the yearly golf tournament held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates during November that showcases numerous world-renowned golfers? Answer: DP World Tour Championship
- What is the name of the annual international rugby union tournament, which takes place in November and features the national teams of England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, and Italy? Answer: The Six Nations Championship
- The annual Women's Tennis Tournament (WTA 2020) final was scheduled to be held in which country? Answer: Shenzhen, China
10 Fun Facts About November
- The word "November" comes from the Latin word "novem," which means "nine," because it was originally the ninth month of the Roman calendar.
- The birth flower for November is the chrysanthemum, which is associated with friendship, love, and loyalty.
- The United States presidential election occurs the Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
- The world's most significant online shopping day, "Singles Day," takes place on November 11th in China.
- The first episode of "Sesame Street," a beloved children's television show, aired on November 10th, 1969.
- November is the month with the highest searches for "Thanksgiving recipes" on Google.
- November is also known as "Movember" or "No-Shave November" because it is a month-long campaign where men grow their facial hair to raise awareness for men's health issues such as prostate and testicular cancer.
- The United Kingdom prime minister Winston Churchill was born on November 30th, 1874.
- November is a great month for stargazing because the nights are longer and clearer. You might be able to see constellations like Orion, Taurus, and Gemini in the sky.
- November is when the leaves on the trees turn beautiful shades of red, orange, and yellow before falling off for winter.