48 Inspired Bible Verses About Baptism KJV
In this article, we will be sharing with you some inspired bible verses about baptism. We hope that you will be encouraged by these words and that they will help you to appreciate the importance of this ordinance.
Baptism is one of the most important steps that a person can take on their spiritual journey. It is an outward expression of an inward transformation, and it signifies a commitment to follow Jesus Christ.
See also: Bible Verses About The Kingdom Of God
Bible Verses About Baptism KJV
- Galatians 3:27 - "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ"
- Matthew 28:19 - "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"
- Luke 7:29-30 - "And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him"
- Matthew 21:25 - "The baptism of John, whence was it? from heaven, or of men? And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say unto us, Why did ye not then believe him?"
- 1 Corinthians 10:2 - "And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;"
- John 3:22-23 - "After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized"
- John 4:1-2 - "When therefore the LORD knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)"
- Ephesians 5:26 - "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,"
- John 1:31 - "And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water"
- Mark 1:4-5 - "John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins"
- 1 Corinthians 15:29 - "Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?"
- Acts 9:18 - "And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized"
- Acts 22:16 - "And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord"
- Matthew 3:13-14 - "Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?"
- Matthew 3:6 - "And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins"
- John 3:5 - "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God"
- 1 Corinthians 1:13-17 - "Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other. For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect"
- Acts 2:38 - "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
- Acts 2:41 - "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls"
- Luke 3:12 - "Then came also publicans to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, what shall we do?"
- John 1:25-26 - "And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet? John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;"
- Colossians 2:12 - "Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead"
Baptism Bible Verses for Adults
- Acts 1:5 - "For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence"
- Acts 1:22 - "Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection"
- Hebrews 6:2 - "Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment"
- Luke 20:4 - "The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men?"
- Luke 3:7-8 - "Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham"
- Acts 8:36-38 - "And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him"
- Romans 6:3-4 - "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life"
- 1 Peter 3:21 - "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:"
- Acts 10:47-48 - "Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days"
- Acts 11:16 - "Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost"
- Mark 1:8-10 - "I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost. And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:"
- Acts 16:33 - "And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway"
- Acts 16:15 - "And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us"
- Acts 18:25 - "This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John"
- 1 Corinthians 12:13 - "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"
- John 1:33 - "And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost"
- Matthew 3:16 - "And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:"
- Mark 16:16 - "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned"
- Acts 8:12-13 - "But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done"
- Matthew 3:11 - "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:"
- Luke 3:21 - "Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,"
- Acts 19:3-5 - "And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus"
- Acts 18:8 - "And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized"
- John 10:40 - "And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode"
- Romans 6:4 - "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life"
- Acts 10:37 - "That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;"
One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism
Ephesians 4:5 - "One Lord, one faith, one baptism,"
See also: Bible Verses About Offering KJV
FAQs About Baptism
What is a good Bible verse for baptism?
"For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and we were all made to drink of one Spirit." - 1 Corinthians 12:13.
"We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life." – Romans 6:4
Do you have to be baptized to be born again?
No, you do not have to be baptized to be born again. Baptism is a beautiful symbol of your faith in Jesus Christ, but it is not necessary for salvation. Anyone who believes and trusts in Jesus Christ as their Savior is saved through his grace, regardless of whether they are baptized or not.
What does it mean to be baptized with the Holy Spirit and fire?
To be baptized with the Holy Spirit and fire is to be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. This is a sign that you have been cleansed from your sins and that you are now ready to serve God.
"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire." – Matthew 3:11-12
What does the Bible say about baptism by immersion?
Baptism by immersion is the most common form of baptism. It is a symbol of your faith in Jesus Christ and your commitment to follow him. When you are baptized, you are declaring to the world that you are a follower of Christ.
"Then Peter said, 'Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.'" – Acts 2:38
What does the Bible say about the baptism of the Holy Spirit?
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." – Acts 1:8.
"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever—the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you." – John 14:16-17
We hope that you have been blessed and inspired by our collection of helpful bible verses about baptism KJV.
Leave a Reply