30 Uplifting Bible Verses About The Kingdom Of God
In this post, we will be sharing with you some uplifting Bible verses about the Kingdom of God for anyone who wants to live a life filled with joy and happiness.
Before we look at the scriptures about the Kingdom of God, lets first understand what is the meaning of the kingdom of God.
See also: Things Jesus Said In The Bible
What is the Kingdom of God?
The Kingdom of God is a term that refers to the teachings of Jesus Christ about the Kingdom of Heaven which Jesus says is in our midst (Luke 17:21). The Kingdom of Heaven is sometimes referred to as "the Kingdom of God on earth". So what does kingdom of God mean? The kingdom of God is not a physical place but rather it refers to God’s sovereignty and authority over all things.
How can we identify the Kingdom of God in Scripture?
In the Old Testament, the kingdom is often spoken of in terms of God’s sovereignty and glory. It is a time when God will reign over all the earth through His people. The kingdom is also seen as a time of great blessing when all of God’s people will be gathered together in peace and righteousness.
In the New Testament, the kingdom is often spoken of in terms of Jesus Christ. He is the King of the kingdom and those who follow Him are citizens of the kingdom. The kingdom is also seen as a future hope when Jesus will return and establish His rule over all the earth.
How did Jesus proclaim the kingdom of God?
Jesus proclaimed the kingdom of God by His preaching, teaching, and performing miracles signs and wonders.
Jesus preached the gospel about the Kingdom of God to his followers. He also taught them how they should live so that they could enter God's kingdom. Jesus performed many miracles to prove He was the King to come and a messenger from God.
This helped Him to proclaim the Kingdom of God on earth, because people were so astonished by all that He did, that they wanted to know more about his teachings and who he was.
Jesus Teaching On The Kingdom of God Verses
Lets look at some Bible verses where Jesus talks about the kingdom of God, or what Jesus say about entering the kingdom of God.
- John 18:36 - "Jesus said, My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."
- John 11:25-26 - Jesus Christ said, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
- Matthew 7:21 - "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
- Mark 9:1 - "Jesus went on to say, I tell you the truth, some standing here right now will not die before they see the Kingdom of God arrive in great power!
- Matthew 6:33 - "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.
- John 14:2 - "My Father's house has many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
- Mark 1:15 - "The time has come, he said. The kingdom of God is here. Stop your wrong ways, turn back to God and believe the good news."
- Galatians 5:19-21 - "The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery; idolatry and sorcery; hatred, discord, jealousy, and rage; rivalries, divisions, factions, and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
- Luke 8:10 - "He said, The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.
- Matthew 12:28 - "But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
Kingdom of God Bible Verses
- Luke 10:9 - "And heal the sick there, and say to them, 'The kingdom of God has come near to you.'
- Luke 11:20 - "But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.
- Mark 1:15 - "The time has come, he said. The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!
- Luke 17:20-21 - "Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, "See here!" or "See there!" For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
- Hebrews 9:28 - "so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.
- Matthew 6:19-21 - "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
- 1 Corinthians 15:50 - "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
- Revelation 11:15 - "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
- Mark 4:30 - Again he said, "What shall we say the kingdom of God is like, or what parable shall we use to describe it? It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest of all seeds on earth. Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants, with such big branches that the birds can perch in its shade."
- John 3:3 - Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Bible Verses About the Kingdom of God
- Nahum 1:7 - "The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.
- Romans 14:17 - "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
- 1 Corinthians 4:20 - "For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
- Matthew 6:10 - "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
- Matthew 13:11 - "He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
- 2 Peter 1:11 - "For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- 1 Corinthians 6:9 - "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 - "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- Matthew 19:14 - "Jesus said, Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.
- Colossians 1:13 - "For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son
See also: Bible Verses God Is Our Strength
We hope that you have been blessed and learnt something from our collection of inspirational Bible verses about the Kingdom of God for anyone who wants to live a life filled with joy and happiness. Keep checking back for more inspiring Christian Bible verses.
FAQs About The Kingdom Of God
What does it mean to seek first the Kingdom of God?
To seek first the Kingdom of God means to prioritize His will and His righteousness above all else. It means living a life that is yielded to Him and His ways. When we seek first the Kingdom of God, we are putting God first in our lives.
What are some practical ways to seek first the Kingdom of God?
- Praying for His will to be done in our lives (Matthew 6:10)
- Reading and studying His Word (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Surrendering our lives to Him (Romans 12:1-2)
- Sharing the gospel with others (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Living a life that is pleasing to Him (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Fellowship with other believers (Hebrews 10:25)
How do we enter the Kingdom of God?
The Bible teaches us that we can only enter into the Kingdom of God through repentance and by acknowledging our sins and ask for forgiveness. By accepting Jesus as our savior, we can be assured of eternal life in the Kingdom of God.
Is the Kingdom of God a physical place?
While the Kingdom of God is often referred to as a place, it is not a physical location. Rather, it is a spiritual realm that exists within us through our relationship with God.
What is the purpose of the Kingdom of God?
The purpose of the Kingdom of God is to bring all people into relationship with God and to promote the values of love, justice, and righteousness. Jesus taught that we are to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all other things will be added to us.