40 Bible Verses For Encouragement During Hard Times
In this post, we will be sharing with you some bible verses for encouragement during hard times, encouraging bible verses, inspirational kjv bible verses. Are you presently going through things in life which Jesus termed as trials and tribulation, these are called trying times. Jesus declares this in John 16:33 that in the world you shall have tribulation, but take heart for I have overcome the world.
No matter what you may be going through today, God knows about it, and all you need to do is take heart knowing for sure that this too shall pass.
Lets remember what Jesus said in Luke 9:23 - If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.
Below are inspiring bible verses for encouragement. These verses can be used as inspirational bible verses for encouragement. They can also be powerful inspiring bible verses for encouraging others during their own difficult times.
I encourage you to go through each verses, meditate on them and ensure they saturate your thinking because as a man thinks in his heart, so is he.
- Bible Verses For Encouragement
- Encouraging Bible Verses For strength
- Encouraging Bible Verses
- How do you focus on God in hard times?
- Encouraging Christian Quotes That Will Inspire You
- What the Bible says about overcoming challenges?
- What is the most encouraging Psalm in the Bible?
- How do you find peace in troubled times?
Bible Verses For Encouragement
1. They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need. - Acts 2:45
2. Don't you realize that I could ask my Father for thousands of angels to protect us, and he would send them instantly? - Matthew 26:53
3. Anyone who receives you receives me, and anyone who receives me receives the Father who sent me. If you receive a prophet as one who speaks for God, you will be given the same reward as a prophet. And if you receive righteous people because of their righteousness, you will be given a reward like theirs. And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded. - Matthew 10:40-42
4. Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head, and he fell to the ground and worshiped. He said, Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God. - Job 1:20-22
5. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. - 1 Peter 5:7-8
6. Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. - James 4:7
7. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. - Ephesians 2:10
8. May the God of your father help you; may the Almighty bless you with the blessings of the heavens above, and blessings of the watery depths below, and blessings of the breasts and womb. - Genesis 49:25
9. And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. - Romans 5:3-4
10. Even when I was in Thessalonica you sent help more than once. I don't say this because I want a gift from you. Rather, I want you to receive a reward for your kindness. At the moment I have all I need and more! I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God. - Philippians 4:16-18
Encouraging Bible Verses For strength
11. Do not be far from me, my God; come quickly, God, to help me. - Psalms 71:12
But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength so that I might preach the Good News in its entirety for all the Gentiles to hear. And he rescued me from certain death. - 2 Timothy 4:17
12. Jesus replied, You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand. - John 13:7
13. There were no needy people among them, because those who owned land or houses would sell them and bring the money to the apostles to give to those in need. - Acts 4:34-35
14. Joab said, "If the Arameans are too strong for me, then you are to come to my rescue; but if the Ammonites are too strong for you, then I will come to rescue you. - 2 Samuel 10:11
15. The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. - Psalms 28:7
16. The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me from violence. - 2 Samuel 22:3
17. The LORD is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; my father’s God, and I will exalt Him. - Exodus 15:2
18. Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His face evermore! - 1 Chronicles 16:11
19. For You have been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat; for the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall. - Isaiah 25:4
20. Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:10
21. That evening they brought to him many who were oppressed by demons, and he cast out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick. - Matthew 8:16
22. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. - Psalm 147:3
23. And he went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction among the people. - Matthew 4:23
24. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. - Revelation 21:4
Encouraging Bible Verses
25. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. - James 5:14
26. And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction. - Matthew 10:1
27. You shall serve the Lord your God, and he will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you. - Exodus 23:25
28. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison. - 2 Corinthians 4:17
29. Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise. - Jeremiah 17:14
30. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed. - Isaiah 53:5
31. The Lord sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness you restore him to full health. - Psalm 41:3
32. So his fame spread throughout all Syria, and they brought him all the sick, those afflicted with various diseases and pains, those oppressed by demons, epileptics, and paralytics, and he healed them. - Matthew 4:24
33. Jesus looked at them and said, With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God. - Mark 10:27
34. Heal the sick in it and say to them, The kingdom of God has come near to you. - Luke 10:9
35. Saying, If you will diligently listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, your healer. - Exodus 15:26
36. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. - James 5:16
37. Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. - 3 John 1:2
38. And he called the twelve together and gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases. - Luke 9:1
39. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. - Psalm 103:2
40. A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. - Proverbs 17:22
How do you focus on God in hard times?
You can use some of the outlined steps below to focus on God in times of trouble.
- Worship God in spirit and in truth
- Pray fervently to God
- Meditate on the word of God
- Listen to inspiring gospel music
- Purge your mind of any sin
- Have faith in God
- Observe a day of fasting to seek the face of God
- Abstain from ungodly conversation
Encouraging Christian Quotes That Will Inspire You
- When you are running toward Christ, you are freed up to serve, love, and give thanks without guilt, worry or fear. As long as you are running, you’re safe. - Francis Chan
- God has a purpose behind every problem. He uses circumstances to develop our character. In fact, he depends more on circumstances to make us like Jesus than he depends on our reading the Bible.”
- The Bible is the story of two gardens: Eden and Gethsemane. In the first, Adam took a fall. In the second, Jesus took a stand. In the first, God sought Adam. In the second, Jesus sought God. In Eden, Adam hid from God. In Gethsemane, Jesus emerged from the tomb. In Eden, Satan led Adam to a tree that led to his death. From Gethsemane, Jesus went to a tree that led to our life. - Max Lucado
- Spending time with God is the key to our strength and success in all areas of life. Be sure that you never try to work God into your schedule, but always work your schedule around Him. - Joyce Meyer
- Avoid trivial pursuits. You are a child of God, destined for glory, and called to do great things in His Name. Do not waste your life on hobbies, sports, and other recreational pursuits. Employ the time of your youth in developing the character and skills necessary to be a useful servant of God. - Paul David Washer
What the Bible says about overcoming challenges?
The Bible is full of stories of people who faced huge challenges and overcame them by faith. In the book of Psalms, we read about David, who was often persecuted and rejected, but he always put his trust in God and was able to overcome whatever obstacle came his way.
In Psalm 23, David writes about how God is always with him, no matter what. He says, "Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
What is the most encouraging Psalm in the Bible?
There are many Psalms in the Bible that are encouraging, but one of the most encouraging to me is Psalm 23. This Psalm is about God being with us and protecting us, no matter what we go through. It is a reminder that even when we feel alone or scared, God is with us and will never leave us. Reading this Psalm can be a source of comfort and strength in difficult times.
How do you find peace in troubled times?
One way to find peace in troubled times is to read the Psalms. The Psalms were written by King David as he struggled with his own problems. They offer encouragement and hope for anyone who is feeling down or struggling. Reading the Psalms can help you to focus on God’s love and His promise to help us through our troubles.
We hope that you have been blessed by these collection of bible verses for encouragement during hard times, bible verses for encouragement and strength, bible verses for encouragement during sickness. Don’t forget to also checkout our blog section for more frequently asked bible questions and quizzes.