50 Bible Verses About Generosity
In this post, we will be sharing with you some important bible verses about generosity and what the bible says about being generous as a Christian.
In many cultures and religions, generosity is highly valued and often associated with personal growth, happiness, and improved relationships.
See also: Bible Verses About Tithes and Offering
By practicing generosity, individuals can foster a sense of connection with others, cultivate gratitude, and contribute positively to the well-being of their communities.
What Is Generosity?
Generosity is the act of being unselfish and willing to give or share one's resources, time, or talents with others without expecting anything in return. It is a noble quality that reflects a caring and compassionate nature.
Generosity can manifest in various forms, such as giving money to charities, volunteering time to help others, offering emotional support, or sharing knowledge and skills.
Bible Verses About Giving To Others
- Proverbs 19:17 - "Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward them for what they have done."
- 2 Corinthians 8:12 - "For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what one does not have."
- Malachi 3:10 - "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it."
- Matthew 6:3-4 - "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
- 2 Corinthians 9:6 - "Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously."
- Hebrews 13:16 - "And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."
- Proverbs 22:9 - "The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor."
- Luke 6:38 - "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
- Proverbs 11:25 - "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."
- Matthew 6:2 - "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full."
- 1 John 3:16 - "By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers."
25 Bible Verses About Generosity and Giving
- 1 Timothy 6:17 - "Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment."
- Matthew 6:21 - "Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
- Proverbs 3:27 - "Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due when it is in your power to act."
- 1 John 3:17-18 - "But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? 18 Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth."
- Matthew 25:35-36 - "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."
- James 2:15-16 - "Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, 'Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?"
- 1 Peter 4:10 - "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms."
- Galatians 6:9 - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
- Proverbs 28:27 - "Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses."
- Deuteronomy 15:10 - "Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to."
- Luke 12:33-34 - "Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
- Proverbs 11:24 - "One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty."
- Romans 12:8 - "If it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully."
- Psalm 112:5 - "Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice."
- Isaiah 58:10 - "And if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday."
- 2 Corinthians 9:10-11 - "Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God."
- Matthew 6:1 - "Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven."
- Leviticus 25:35 - "If any of your fellow Israelites become poor and are unable to support themselves among you, help them as you would a foreigner and stranger, so they can continue to live among you."
- Proverbs 14:31 - "Whoever oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God."
- Mark 12:41 - "Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts."
- Luke 21:1 - "As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury."
- 2 Corinthians 9:8 - "And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."
- Matthew 18:10 - "See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven."
- Matthew 18:14 - "In the same way, your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish."
- Matthew 6:4 - "So that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
What Does The Bible Say About Generosity
- Matthew 5:42 - "Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."
- Proverbs 21:13 - "Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered."
- Matthew 10:42 - "And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded. And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded."
- Exodus 35:22 - "Both men and women came, all whose hearts were willing…They presented gold objects of every kind as a special offering to the Lord."
- Matthew 10:8 - "Freely you have received, freely give."
- Deuteronomy 8:18 - "You shall remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day."
- Deuteronomy 15:7-8 - "If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be."
- Psalm 41:1-2 - "Blessed is the one who considers the poor! In the day of trouble the Lord delivers him; the Lord protects him and keeps him alive; he is called blessed in the land."
- Acts 2:44-45 - "And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had. They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need."
- Luke 21:3-4 - "Truly, I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."
- 1 Timothy 6:18 - "Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share."
- 2 Corinthians 9:7 - "Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."
- Acts 20:35 - "In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, It is more blessed to give than to receive."
- 1 Timothy 6:19 - "In this way, they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life."
- Luke 21:2 - "He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins."
- Mark 12:42 - "But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents."
Leave a Reply