20 Bible Verses About Jehovah Shammah - The Lord Is There
Jehovah Shammah is one of the many names given to God in the Bible, expressing His omnipresence and our reliance on His constant presence.
This article will explore some Bible verses about Jehovah Shammah, the meaning and significance of the name Jehovah Shammah, its biblical context, and how it can impact our daily lives.
See also: Wonderful Names Of God In The Bible
Jehovah Shammah Meaning
"Jehovah Shammah" is a Hebrew term that means "The LORD is there" or "The LORD is present." This name is associated with the promise of God's presence with his people. It is one of the many names used to refer to God in the Bible, highlighting His omnipresence and constant presence in the lives of believers.
The name Jehovah Shammah originates from the Old Testament book of Ezekiel 48:35, where the prophet describes a vision of the new Jerusalem, a city where God dwells among his people, and where His presence is always felt.
Bible Verses About Jehovah Shammah - The Lord Is There
- Ezekiel 43:4-5 (NIV) - "The glory of the LORD entered the city through the gate facing east. Then the Spirit took me up and brought me into the inner court, and the glory of the LORD filled the temple."
- Genesis 35:12 (NLT) - "For I am with you, and I will take care of you. I will give the land to you and your descendants as I promised Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob."
- Ezekiel 11:17 (NASB) - "Therefore say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, I will gather you from the peoples and assemble you out of the countries among which you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel."
- Leviticus 26:12 (NKJV) - "I will also walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people."
- Ezekiel 48:35 (NLT) - "The distance around the entire city will be 6 miles. And from that day the name of the city will be ‘The LORD Is There.’"
- Matthew 18:20 (ESV) - "For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them."
- Zephaniah 3:17 (CSB) - "The LORD your God is among you; he is mighty to save. He will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you with his love; he will celebrate over you with singing."
- Ezekiel 37:27 (NIV) - "My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people."
- Isaiah 12:6 (NIV) - "Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you."
- Matthew 28:20 (NIV) - "And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
- Isaiah 41:10 (ESV) - "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
- Matthew 28:20 (YLT) - "and lo, I am with you all the days, till the end of the age.' Amen."
- Hebrews 13:5 (NLT) - "Don't love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.""
- Psalm 23:4 (NLT) - "Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me."
- Psalm 34:18 (ESV) - "The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit."
- Exodus 33:14 (KJV) - "And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.""
- Psalm 118:6 (NIV) - "The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"
- Hebrews 13:5-6 (ESV) - "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you.""
- Revelation 21:3 (NIV) - "And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God."
- 2 Corinthians 6:16 (NLT) - "And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people."
Jehovah Shamah Jehovah Nissi Worship Song
I remember while growing up as a child, I used to sing this worship song that reminded me of the constant presence and victory of God in my life. The song lyrics goes like this:
You are my Ebenezar
You are my Adonai
I give you Glory Honour Power Majesty
You are my Lord
The lyrics filled me with hope, peace, and strength, and helped me trust in God's guidance and protection. To this day, whenever I hear or sing this song, I feel a deep sense of comfort and reassurance knowing that my God is always with me, no matter what I may be facing in life.
FAQS About God's Presence
What does Jehovah Shammah mean?
Jehovah Shammah is a Hebrew name meaning "The Lord is There" or "The Lord is Present." It highlights God's omnipresence and constant presence in the lives of believers.
Where does the name Jehovah Shammah come from?
The name Jehovah Shammah originates from the Old Testament book of Ezekiel, specifically in chapter 48, verse 35, where the prophet Ezekiel receives a vision of the restored city of Jerusalem, which is called Jehovah Shammah.
What is the difference between "Jehovah Shammah" and "Immanuel"?
Both names refer to God's presence with us. "Jehovah Shammah" means "The Lord is there," emphasizing God's constant watchfulness and guidance in our lives, while "Immanuel" means "God with us," pointing to God's physical presence among humanity through Jesus Christ.
Can we access God's presence without the help of the Holy Spirit?
No, we cannot. The Holy Spirit is the One who reveals God's presence to us and allows us to experience Him. We need the Holy Spirit to communicate with God and understand His nature and character.