20 Popular Bible Verses About Palm Sunday
Palm Sunday is a very important holiday in the Christian calendar, as it celebrates the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem.
It is a celebration of his arrival as the Messiah, and is marked by the waving of palm branches, symbolizing his victory and arrival as the King of Kings.
In this article, we will be sharing with you some popular Bible verses about Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of the Holy Week, that lead up to Easter Holiday.
Bible Verses About Palm Sunday
- Matthew 21:9 - "The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted, 'Hosanna to the Son of David!' 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!'"
- John 12:13 - "They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, 'Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!'"
- Luke 19:38 - "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"
- Mark 11:9-10 - "Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted, 'Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David!"
- Luke 24 - "They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus."
- Matthew 21:5 - "Tell the daughter of Zion, 'See, your king comes to you, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.'"
- Zechariah 9:9 - "Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! Shout, Daughter Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey."
- John 12:12 - "The next day the great crowd that had come for the Feast heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem."
- John 12:14-15 - "Blessed is the King of Israel!' Jesus found a young donkey and sat upon it, as it is written, 'Do not be afraid, O Daughter of Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey's colt.'"
- Mark 11:7-8 - "When they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their cloaks over it, he sat on it. Many people spread their cloaks on the road, while others spread branches they had cut in the fields."
- Luke 19:37 - "As he was drawing near—already on the way down the Mount of Olives—the whole multitude of his disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen."
- Isaiah 50:6 - "I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting."
- Luke 19:41-44 - "As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it and said, 'If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you.'"
- Acts 2:38 - "And Peter said to them, 'Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.'"
- Matthew 21:3 - "And if any man say ought unto you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them; and straightway he will send them."
- Matthew 21:8 - "Most of the crowd spread their cloaks on the road, and others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road."
- John 1:11 - "He came unto his own, and his own received him not."
- Leviticus 23:40 - "And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the Lord your God seven days."
- Daniel 9:25 - "Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times."
- Psalm 118:26 - "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD! We have blessed you from the house of the LORD."
Palm Sunday Quotes
- "Blessed is the arrival of the King on Palm Sunday!"
- "Hosanna to the Lord, our Savior and King!"
- "The road ahead may be rough, but with faith we will reach the end with joy, just as we celebrate Palm Sunday."
- "Let us raise our branches and sing Hosanna to the coming of our Lord and King on this holy day of Palm Sunday."
- "As we wave our palm branches, may our hearts be filled with the joy and peace of knowing that Jesus is our Lord and King."
- "On this Palm Sunday, let us welcome the King with open hearts and open arms."
- "Let us rejoice and be glad, for the King of Glory has entered into our hearts and our lives on this Palm Sunday."
- "As we walk the road of faith on this Palm Sunday, may we be strengthened by the knowledge that our King is always with us."
- "The arrival of the King on Palm Sunday is a reminder of the hope, love, and joy that He brings into our lives every day."
- "Let us raise our voices in praise and thanksgiving on this Palm Sunday, for the King of Kings has come to save us and set us free."
What do you say on Palm Sunday?
1. Jesus, we praise you for your selfless love and sacrifice. We commit to following your example by serving others in your name. Amen.
2. Thank you, Jesus, for coming into our lives and bringing us salvation. Help us to remember your sacrifice and to live our lives in service to you so we might have eternal life. Amen.
3. Lord, we praise you for your triumphal entry into Jerusalem. We pray that we would have the faith of the crowds who greeted you and that we would always serve you with gladness. Amen.
4. Thank you, Jesus, for coming to save us. We praise you for your triumphal entry into Jerusalem and we commit to living our lives for you. Praise God.
We hope that you have been blessed by our collection of important bible verses about Palm Sunday KJV, what the Bible says about Palm Sunday.