How To Show Your Faithfulness Towards God (6 Tips)
We have covered the topic of faith extensively and the importance of faithfulness to God. As a Christian, how do you show your faithfulness towards God? We will look at six practical steps to showing our faithfulness to God.
Someone recently asked me what the difference is between faith and faithfulness. Since I have covered faith in other posts, I researched what faithfulness is and how it applies to us as Christians.
I hope you will find this topic very refreshing and helpful in your quest to develop a relationship with God.
- What Is Faithfulness?
- Types of Faithfulness
- How To Show Your Faithfulness Towards God
- Benefits of Faithfulness
- Scriptures on Faithfulness and Commitment
- Christian Quotes about Faithfulness to God
What Is Faithfulness?
Wikipedia defines faithfulness as "unfailingly remaining loyal to someone or something, and putting that loyalty into consistent practice regardless of extenuating circumstances."
The keywords from this definition are "remaining loyal" and "trustworthy". To express loyalty, we must first trust the person or believe in something.
So what, then, is faithfulness towards God?
What is Faithfulness towards God?
Faithfulness is one of the fruits of the Spirit that every Christians need to develop daily (Galatians 5:22-23). Faithfulness is being dependable and someone others can depend on for things.
Faithfulness towards God is the expression of our loyalty and trust in Him. When we trust God because of who He is, then we can show our devotion to Him by doing His will and obeying His commandments.
God is a faithful God. If He makes a promise, He will keep it. If He gives us warning ahead of time, He will fulfil it.
Types of Faithfulness
1. Faithfulness in marriage
Ephesians 5:25 - "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ loved the church." Faithfulness is one of the many important qualities every husband and wife must possess.
A faithful marriage leads to a peaceful home.Trivia Faith Blog
2. Faithfulness in little things
Luke 16:10 - "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."
3. Faithfulness in relationship
Proverbs 3:3 - "Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart."
4. Faithfulness in giving
2 Corinthians 9:6-7 - "Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."
5. Faithfulness in prayer
Romans 12:12 - "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
How To Show Your Faithfulness Towards God
Are you looking for ways to show your faithfulness towards God? Below are some steps on how to show your faithfulness towards God (Examples of Faithfulness in the Bible).
1. Depend on God Alone
Daniel 6:16 - "So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions' den. The king said to Daniel, May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!"
Daniel was a faithful servant of God. He had a close relationship with God, and He knew that no matter his trials, God would always be there to save him.
2. Be committed to God.
1 Chronicles 28:9 - "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever."
As a child of God, we are called to be committed to God's things and serve him with all our heart, soul and might.
3. Don't lean on your understanding.
Proverb 3:5-6 - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."
Don't lean on your understanding but put your trust in God always; He will guide you and direct you on the right path in life.
4. Don't take decisions without seeking God for direction.
Isaiah 30:21 - "And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."
Christians are warned not to take any important decisions without seeking God's wisdom first. So if you're considering starting a new business or changing careers, don't make those decisions yourself; speak to God first about it!
5. Seek God daily
Daniel 6:10 - "Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before."
This was a difficult time in Daniel's time, and it was a time when his faith in God was tested. Because of the fear of God in him, Daniel disobeyed the king's command and continued to pray to God even when his life was at risk.
As Christians, let us emulate Daniel by consistently standing before God every day of our lives during the hour of prayer.
6. Don't deny God
Daniel 3:16-18 - "Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty's hand. But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."
This is one of the many stories in the Bible that showed steadfast faithfulness toward God. The three friends here were so faithful to God that they were willing to lay down their life than bow to an idol. As Christian, we all need to learn from the story of these three friends.
Benefits of Faithfulness
Being faithful to God comes with numerous benefits. We have grouped below three powerful benefits of faithfulness:
- Your faithfulness in God builds up your relationship with Him
- You cannot lose any battle in life
- You will enjoy God's grace and favour
- You will never be disappointed
- God will take away every shame from you
- You will be sort after because God will give you an excellent Spirit
- You will receive the power of the Holy Spirit to do exploits
- You shall be a blessing to many
- God will abide in you and you in Him and you shall bear good fruit
- Many will turn to God when they see God's goodness in your life
- Your faith in God will only continue to increase
- Your heart will be filled with the joy of the Lord
Scriptures on Faithfulness and Commitment
- Matthew 24:45-46 - "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns."
- Proverbs 28:20 - "A faithful man will abound with blessings, But he who makes haste to be rich will not go unpunished."
- Psalm 103:2 - "Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits."
- Lamentations 3:22–23 - "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 - "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
- Psalm 30:4 - "Sing the praises of the LORD, you his faithful people; praise his holy name."
- Luke 16:10-12 - "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you property of your own?"
- Colossians 3:17 - "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
- 1 Corinthians 4:2 - "Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful."
- Proverbs 20:6 - "Many claim to have unfailing love, but a faithful person who can find?"
- Hebrews 13:21 - "May he equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him. All glory to him forever and ever! Amen."
- Matthew 25:21 - "The master was full of praise. 'Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let's celebrate together!"
- 2 Timothy 2:13 - "If we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself."
- Genesis 12:1-2 - "Now the Lord said to Abram, Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing."
- Philippians 4:11-13 - "Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
- Hebrews 10:23 - "Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise."
- Numbers 23:19 - "God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"
Christian Quotes about Faithfulness to God
- "Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservations." – Elton Trueblood
- "Faithful people have always been in a marked minority." - A. W. Pink
- "God is not a deceiver, that He should offer to support us, and then, when we lean upon Him, should slip away from us." – Augustine
- "Faith expects from God what is beyond all expectation." – Andrew Murray
- "God wants us to be dependable even when it costs us. This is what distinguishes godly faithfulness from the ordinary dependability of secular society." - Jerry Bridges
- "We can walk without fear, full of hope and courage and strength to do His will, waiting for the endless good which He is always giving as fast as He can get us able to take it in." – George Macdonald
- "Never give up on God because He never gives up on you." – Woodrow Kroll
- "Christians do not have to live; they have only to be faithful to Jesus Christ, not only until death but unto death if necessary." – Vance Havner
- "It matters little what form of prayer we adopt or how many words we use. What matters is the faith which lays hold on God, knowing that He knows our needs before we even ask Him. That is what gives Christian prayer its boundless confidence and its joyous certainty." – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Faithfulness starts with the tiny things in life. Your character is tested in little things to see how faithful you are. Check yourself and ask the following questions:
- How faithful and committed are you to the things of God?
- Are you devoted to your family?
- Do you borrow money and repay?
- Are you committed to the things of the Church or just a spectator?
- Do you forsake the gathering of the saints?
- Do you put God first or last?
- Are you committed to your responsibility at work and home?
I encourage you to reflect on these questions, adjust any area you feel you are lacking, and ask the Holy Spirit to help you be faithful in all you do.
May the Lord help you as you are faithful to Him; amen!
What the Bible says about Faithfulness
The bible speaks of God's faithfulness to man as evidenced in His words. "But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one." - 2 Thessalonians 3:3
"Lord, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief." - Psalm 143:1
Difference between Faith and Faithfulness
Faith is believing that God has already done that which He promised he will do without you seeing it yet (Hebrews 11:1). Faithfulness is trusting God for all He has done and being loyal to the things of God.
Leave a Reply