God Is In Control Bible Verses
In the ups and downs of life, it's comforting to know one thing - God is in control. The Bible teaches us this powerful truth. No matter what happens, God's plans always come to pass. Nothing can stop His purposes.
God's will is always done, and there's nothing too hard for Him. He's the one who changes the seasons, puts kings in power, and takes them down. He gives wisdom to those who seek it.
See also: The Lord Giveth and the Lord Taketh Away
God has a purpose for you and I, hence nothing can separate us from His love. So, when the world seems in chaos, remember - God has a plan. When life feels like a roller coaster, remember - God is in control. His love for us is constant and never-ending.
In this post, we will be sharing with you God is in control Bible verses that will not only strengthen your faith but also provide comfort and reassurance during times of uncertainty and chaos.
God's Sovereignty and Control
- Genesis 50:20: "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today."
- 1 Chronicles 29:11-12: "Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all."
- 2 Chronicles 20:6: "And said, “O Lord, God of our fathers, are you not God in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. In your hand are power and might, so that none is able to withstand you."
- Job 12:10: "In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind."
- Job 42:2: "I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted."
- Psalm 22:28: "For kingship belongs to the Lord, and he rules over the nations."
- Psalm 103:19: "The Lord has established his throne in the heavens, and his kingdom rules over all."
- Psalm 115:3: "Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases."
- Psalm 135:6: "Whatever the Lord pleases, he does, in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all deeps."
- Proverbs 16:9: "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps."
God's Plan and Purpose
- Proverbs 16:33: "The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord."
- Proverbs 19:21: "Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand."
- Proverbs 21:1: "The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; he turns it wherever he will."
- Isaiah 14:24: "The Lord of hosts has sworn: “As I have planned, so shall it be, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand.”
- Isaiah 45:6-7: "That people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things."
- Isaiah 55:8-9: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
- Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."
- Jeremiah 32:27: "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?"
- Lamentations 3:37: "Who has spoken and it came to pass, unless the Lord has commanded it?"
- Daniel 2:21: "He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding."
- Daniel 4:35: "All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, “What have you done?”
- Romans 8:28: "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."
- Romans 8:38-39: "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
- Ephesians 1:11: "In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will."
Letting Go and Trusting God
- Psalm 46:10: "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"
- Isaiah 26:3: "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."
- Isaiah 35:4: "Say to those who have an anxious heart, “Be strong; fear not! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God. He will come and save you.”
- Isaiah 43:18-19: "Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?"
- 1 Corinthians 10:13: "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."
- Philippians 4:6-7: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
FAQs On God Is In Control Bible Verses
What Does It Mean That God Is In Control?
The phrase "God is in control" means that God has ultimate authority and power over everything in the universe. He has a plan for everything and His will cannot be thwarted. This belief provides comfort and reassurance, especially during times of uncertainty or difficulty.
Where In The Bible Does It Say That God Is In Control?
There are numerous verses throughout the Bible that emphasize God's control and sovereignty. Some of these include Proverbs 19:21, Isaiah 45:6-7, and Romans 8:28. These verses highlight God's power, His authority over the universe, and His ability to work all things according to His purpose.
Does God Control Everything That Happens In My Life?
According to the Bible, God is sovereign over all things, which includes the details of our lives. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have free will or personal responsibility. It means that God is ultimately in control of the big picture, and nothing happens outside of His knowledge and authority.
What Can I Do When I Feel Like Things Are Out Of Control?
When things feel out of control, it can be helpful to turn to prayer and scripture. The Bible offers many verses that provide comfort and reassurance of God's control. Additionally, maintaining a regular prayer life can provide a sense of peace and stability, reminding us of God's constant presence and love.