98 Bible Verses About Love KJV
In this post, we will be sharing with you some uplifting bible verses about love KJV, that will fill your heart with warmth and compassion.
There are many kinds of love in this world, but none of them can be compared to the enduring Love that God has shown towards us.
He loves us so much that despite our rebelliousness and sins, He still gave up His most precious treasure - His Son, in order to redeem us back to Him.
See also: Bible Verses About Marriage and Love
- The Love Of God
- What Is Love?
- Bible Verses About Jesus Love
- Jesus Commandment Of Love
- How To Show Love To One Another
- Bible Verses About Loving Others
- KJV Bible Verses About Love
- What Does the Bible Say About Love
- Prayer For Love of God
- FAQs About Love
The Love Of God
It's hard to imagine what it must have been like to give up something so dear. Yet, God did so willingly in order for us to once again enter His loving presence. It is through this finished work of Jesus - the laying down of His life for us, that we can now call God our Father.
This is the kind of love that is of the highest form, the kind of love that never stops, and selflessly puts others first. It doesn't force itself on others by saying, "Look at me!" But instead, quietly goes about offering itself to all who would draw from it.
It never keeps score of how much it has given, or how much is owed towards it. It always trusts, never looks back, but steps up and presses on to the end.
I believe words are feeble when used to describe the Love of God. But my hope is that through the quotations on love below, you can but have a glimpse of how deep and how wide God's Love for you really is.
What Is Love?
The book of 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 perfectly defines what love is all about:
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
- Love does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
- Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
- Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
- Love never fails.
Bible Verses About Jesus Love
Jesus loved His mother
- John 19:26-27 ESV - "When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son!" Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home."
Jesus loves us
- John 15:9-11 ESV - "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full."
Jesus loves the little children
- Mark 10:14 ESV - "Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God."
Jesus Commandment Of Love
Love the Lord
- Matthew 22:37-38 ESV - "'And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment."
Love Your Neighbor
- Matthew 22:39 ESV - "'And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"
Love your enemies
- Luke 6:27-28 ESV - "But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you."
- 1 John 4:21 ESV - "And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother."
- Luke 6:35 - "But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil."
How To Show Love To One Another
- 1. 1 John 3:18 says, "Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth." - So often, we can say we love someone, but our actions don't always reflect that. Whether it's our spouse, our children, our family, or our friends, it's important to put our money where our mouth is and show them love in what we say and do.
- 2. Proverbs 10:12 says, "Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses." - In other words, love overlooks an offense and doesn't look for ways to get even. Love takes the high road.
- 3. John 15:12 says, "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." - Jesus sets the standard for us here. He loved us enough to die for us, and we are called to love others in the same way. This is not always easy, but it is possible with God's help.
- 4. 1 John 4:7 says, "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God." - This verse tells us that love is essential to knowing God. And not only that, but it also says that God is love. So when we think about what love is, we can look no further than the character of God himself.
- 5. Matthew 5:44 says, "But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you," - This verse teaches us to love our enemies and pray for those who mistreat us. With our human mind, it's not easy to do, but it is what God calls us to do.
- 6. 1 Corinthians 16:14 says, "Let all that you do be done in love." - This verse is a great summation of what it means to live a life of love. Whatever we do, whether it's our work, our hobbies, or our relationships, we should do it out of love. Love should be the motivating factor behind all that we do.
- 7. Galatians 5:13-14 says, "For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." - Here, we see that love should be the driving force behind everything we do. When we truly love others, we will serve them and not use them for our own gain.
- 8. Ephesians 4:2 says, "With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love." - This verse tells us that love is patient and kind. It doesn't keep track of wrongs or hold grudges. Love is always ready to forgive.
Bible Verses About Loving Others
- "We love Him because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:19
- "Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love." - 1 John 4:8
- "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." - John 15:13
- "And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." - Colossians 3:14
- "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." - Ephesians 4:31-32
- "No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." - 1 John 4:12
- "Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen." - 1 John 4:20
- "Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." - 1 John 4:11
- "Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law." - Romans 13:8
KJV Bible Verses About Love
Below are a collection of bible verses about love and how we can show love to others as Christians.
Proverbs Bible Verses About Love
- Proverbs 17:17 - "A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."
- Proverbs 17:9 - "He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends."
- Proverbs 19:8 - "He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good."
- Proverbs 15:17 - "Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith."
- Proverbs 5:18-19 - "Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love."
- Proverbs 8:17 - "I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me."
- Proverbs 3:3-4 - "Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man."
Psalm Bible Verses About Love
- Psalm 18:1 - "I will love thee, O Lord, my strength."
- Psalm 143:8 - "Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee."
- Psalm 91:14 - "Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name."
- Psalm 37:28 - "For the Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off."
- Psalm 11:7 - "For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright."
- Psalm 51:1 - "Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions."
- Psalm 86:15 - "But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness."
- Psalm 36:5 - "Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."
- Psalm 52:8 - "But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever."
- Psalm 107:8 - "Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind,"
Short Bible Verses About Love
- Song of Solomon 2:16 - "My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies."
- Deuteronomy 6:5 - "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."
- John 14:15 - "If ye love me, keep my commandments."
- 2 Timothy 1:7 - "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
- John 3:17 - "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
- Romans 8:37 - "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us."
- Romans 12:10 - "Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;"
- Romans 8:35 - "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?"
- 2 Thessalonians 3:5 - "And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ."
- Romans 12:9 - "Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good."
- Philippians 2:2 - "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind."
- Romans 13:10 - "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."
What Does the Bible Say About Love
- Deuteronomy 7:9 - "Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;"
- Song of Solomon 8:7 - "Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned."
- Zephaniah 3:17 - "The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing."
- 1 Peter 1:22 - "Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:"
- Micah 6:8 - "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"
- Luke 10:27 - "And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself."
- Jeremiah 31:3 - "The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
- Mark 12:29-30 - "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment."
- Deuteronomy 10:18 - "He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment."
- Galatians 2:20 - "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
- 1 Timothy 6:10 - "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
- 1 Corinthians 2:9 - "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
- John 13:34-35 - "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."
- Song of Solomon 4:10 - "How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices!"
- Romans 8:28 - "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
- John 14:21 - "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."
- Mark 12:31 - "And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."
- 1 John 4:17 - "Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world."
- 2 Corinthians 5:14 - "For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:"
- Leviticus 19:18 - "Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord."
- Ephesians 3:18-19 - "May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."
- Romans 5:5 - "And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."
- 1 John 3:16 - "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren."
- Colossians 3:12 - "Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;"
- Matthew 10:37 - "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."
- Ephesians 5:33 - "Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband."
Bible Verses About Love and Trust
- 1 John 3:1 - "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not."
- Romans 13:9 - "For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
- Romans 5:7-8 - "For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
- Colossians 3:18-19 - "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them."
- Song of Solomon 8:6 - "Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame."
- Ephesians 5:25-26 - "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,"
- Genesis 29:20 - "And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her."
- Song of Solomon 1:2 - "Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine."
- 1 John 5:2-3 - "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."
- James 2:8 - "If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:"
- Ephesians 2:4-5 - "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)"
- Isaiah 43:4 - "Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life."
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 - "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity."
- John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
- Ephesians 3:16-17 - "That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,"
- Matthew 6:24 - "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."
- Ecclesiastes 5:10 - "He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity."
- 1 John 4:9-10 - "In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins."
- Song of Solomon 3:4 - "It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother’s house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me."
- Isaiah 49:15-16 - "Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."
- John 14:23 - "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."
- 1 John 4:18 - "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."
Prayer For Love of God
May you have a fresh revelation of God's Love, and be able to feel the loving embrace of our Father as He watches over you. And may we too be able to extend the same kind of love to those around us - Amen.
We hope that you have been blessed by our collection heartfelt bible verses about love that will fill your heart with warmth and compassion.
FAQs About Love
What does God promise about love?
God promises His love for us is everlasting. He will never leave us nor forsake us. His love is unending, and we can take refuge in Him always.
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."- Romans 8:38-39
What does the Bible say about unconditional love?
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8. This verse demonstrates that God's love for us is not based on anything we have done, but instead, his love is completely unconditional.
Love is patient Love is kind KJV
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 - Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
Love covers a multitude of sins KJV
Peter 4:8 - "And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins."
Leave a Reply