How much do you know about insects and their habitats? To find out how much you still remember, go through our insects trivia questions and answers.
Our insects trivia quiz will give you answers to many insects related questions covering few insect species. So looking to learn about the smallest insect in the world, blood sucking insects, alpine insects, and many more, find out below.
For more quiz on nature, see Anatomy Quiz Questions and Answers.
Insects Trivia Questions and Answers
1. What insect was the first to be sent to space?
Answer: Fruit Flies
2. What is the largest species of insect to be found in the UK?
Answer: Stag beetle
3. What animal or insect has the most eyes?
4. What species of beetle can pull an object 1141 times its weight?
Answer: A bull headed dung beetle
5. What is a group of monarch butterflies called?
Answer: A roost
6. Which insects will live nine days without it’s head, before it starves to death?
7. Which insect will regurgitate its food and eat it again?
8. How is fear of insects called?
9. Who cannot fly if their body temperature is less than 86 degrees?
10. How many species of beetles are there in the world?
Answer: 350 000 species
11. What is the name of the largest centipede in the world?
Answer: Scolopendra gigantea
12. What species of bee can produce around 100kg of honey each year?
Answer: The Honey Bee
13. Large groups of fireflies are called?
Answer: Light posse or Sparkle
14. Water scorpion’s breathe underwater using what?
Answer: A Siphon
15. How many species of dragonfly can be found in the UK?
Answer: 36 species
Insects Trivia Questions and Answers For Adults
16. How long is the giant African millipede?
Answer: Up to 38.7 centimetres (15.2 inches) in length
17. How many ants are there for every one person on Earth?
Answer: 2 million
18. How long tarantulas can survive without food?
Answer: 2 years
19. Which insect has its sense of taste in its feet?
20. Which species of ant has the most painful bite in the world?
Answer: The Bullet ant
21. How many spots does a ladybird have on its back?
Answer: Between 0 and 22 spots
22. What is the scientific name for Greater water boatmen?
23. The ability of an insect to reproduce without mating is called?
24. Are all worker bees female or male?
25. What insects are known to build complex underground colonies and mounds?
Answer: Worker Termites
26. What is the average lifespan of a Giraffe Weevil in the wild?
Answer: Around 1-2 years
27. What is the world’s largest insect?
Answer: The Giant Weta
28. What insect bites causes malaria?
29. Large groups of dragonflies are called?
Answer: Dragonfly swarms
30. True or False: “Only the female mosquito bites a human to get a blood meal?”
Trivia Questions and Answers About Insects
31. An insects body is comprised of how many parts?
Answer: 3 body parts (head, thorax, and abdomen).
32. What is the size of Greater water boatmen?
Answer: Between 0.5 inch to 1 inch in length
33. An insects exoskeleton is made up of what?
Answer: Hard Chitin
34. Large groups of butterflies are called?
Answer: A Kaleidoscope
35. What insect is known to make the loudest noise?
Answer: The African Cicadas
36. What insect excrete bubbly foam that they use to protect themselves from predators?
Answer: The Spittlebugs
37. What species of Bees are responsible for the day-to-day tasks of maintaining the colony?
Answer: Worker bees
38. What is the largest known species of Giraffe Weevil?
Answer: Trachelophorus biarmicus with a body length of up to 2.7cm
39. Which country has the largest presence of Giraffe Weevil (Trachelophorus biarmicus)?
40. What insect does push-ups to attract a prospective mate?
41. Name all the 4 stages of metamorphosis in insects?
Answer: egg, larva, pupa and adult
42. What insect can rotate its head 180 degrees?
Answer: Praying Mantis
43. What insect has been discovered to fly higher than the peak of Mt. Everest?
44. What winged insect has the best vision in the world?
Answer: The Dragonflies
45. Which insect is known to live the longest in the world?
Answer: Termite Queens
46. True or False: “The Australian tiger beetle are the fastest insects in the world”
47. What insects are also known as lightning bugs?
48. Insect eggs that look like seeds are laid by?
Answer: Stick insects
49. What is the scientific name for the Giraffe Weevil?
Answer: Trachelophorus giraffa
50. What insect is known to have a 360 degree vision?