In this post, we will be looking at over 20 powerful bible verses about wisdom that will enlighten your mind and spirit. Wisdom is an important part of our everyday lives. We need wisdom in order to do the right things at the right time. We need it to ascertain what is right and what is wrong. In fact, it is this kind of wisdom that will lead us in the right path and bring us to a truly successful life.
So if you are seeking for wisdom, the bible tells us how to go about it.
If any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. He is generous and enjoys giving to all people, so he will give you wisdom. – James 1:5
Therefore, if we ever lack wisdom, you simply ask God for it and He will give it to you, for He is a good God who gives good gifts to all His children. Of all the gifts of God, wisdom is at the top of the list of the most important ones. Wisdom is the key principle thing that guides us in all our doings in life.
So as Christians, we should seek wisdom first, for it is more valuable than money, fame, status, or fortune. Without wisdom to help us use them wisely, all these things will not only cause us to be corrupted, but may end up ruining our lives. When used with wisdom, they will blossom into great blessings not just for us, but for others around us.
Remember, God gave King Solomon an open cheque to ask for anything he wanted but Solomon only asked for two things, Wisdom & Knowledge. As a result, God gave him everything else in addition to wisdom and knowledge – 2 Chronicles 1: 10-12.
Let us meditate on God’s words, for they contain the seeds of supernatural wisdom that will be planted in our hearts and that will spring forth whenever we need them. We will then know the right thing to do so that God can use us to accomplish great things.
These list of inspirational quotes on wisdom below are meant to help you realize the importance of wisdom in our lives, as well as how God’s Word and Spirit are both there to guide us in everything that we do always.
Bible Verses About Wisdom
1. Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. – Proverbs 12:18
2. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. – Proverbs 9:10
3. He who walks with the wise will become wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed. – Proverbs 13:20
4. Give thought to what I say; for the Lord will give you wisdom in all things. – 2 Timothy 2:7
5. It is better to heed a wise man’s rebuke than to listen to the song of fools. – Ecclesiastes 7:5
6. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. – Proverbs 1:7
7. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. – Proverbs 3:7
8. Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. – Proverbs 4:6
9. Wisdom is found on the lips of the discerning, but a rod is for the back of one who has no sense. – Proverbs 10:13
10. For through wisdom your days will be many, and years will be added to your life. – Proverbs 9:11
11. When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. – Proverbs 11:2
12. The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise. – Proverbs 11:30
13. Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advice. – Proverbs 13:10
14. To the man who pleases Him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness. – Ecclesiastes 2:26
15. The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down. – Proverbs 14:1
16. The mocker seeks wisdom and finds none, but knowledge comes easily to the discerning. – Proverbs 14:6
17. Wisdom rests in the heart of a man of understanding, but it makes itself known even in the midst of fools. – Proverbs 14:33
18. From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures that are able to give you the wisdom you need for salvation through faith in the Messiah Jesus. – 2 Timothy 3:15
19. He who listens to a life-giving rebuke will be at home among the wise. – Proverbs 15:31
20. The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception. – Proverbs 14:8
21. The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks it out. – Proverbs 18:15
22. A discerning man keeps wisdom in view, but a fool’s eyes wander to the ends of the earth. – Proverbs 17:24
23. The words of a man’s mouth are deep waters, but the fountain of wisdom is a bubbling brook. – Proverbs 18:4