Bible Verses About The Cross
Let's explore the power and significance of the cross with these Bible verses about the cross. Discover how the sacrifice of Jesus brought about salvation and hope to the world.
Jesus died on the Cross of Calvary so that you and I could have our sins forgiven and receive eternal life through faith in Him.
The cross of Jesus became a powerful symbol of sacrifice and redemption in the Christian faith. It represented the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus Christ, who gave his life to save humanity from eternal condemnation. As believers in Christ, we look to the cross as a source of hope, forgiveness, and salvation.
See also: Easter Bible verses - He His Risen Verses
So in this article, we will explore some of the most powerful Bible verses about the cross and reflect on their significance for our faith.
Bible Verses About The Cross
- "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." - 1 Corinthians 1:18 (NIV)
- "He himself bore our sins" in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; "by his wounds you have been healed." - 1 Peter 2:24 (NIV)
- "May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." - Galatians 6:14 (NIV)
- "And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself." - John 12:32 (NLT)
- "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8 (NIV)
- "And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven." - Colossians 1:20 (KJV)
- "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:1-2 (NIV)
- "For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his." - Romans 6:5 (NIV)
- "He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross." - Colossians 2:14 (NLT)
- "For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit." - 1 Peter 3:18 (NIV)
Bible Verses About The Power of The Cross
- "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." - Isaiah 53:5 (KJV)
- "So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus." - Romans 6:11 (ESV)
- "And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." - Luke 9:23 (ESV)
- "But we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles." - 1 Corinthians 1:23 (NIV)
- "And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." - Galatians 5:24 (KJV)
- "For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised." - 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 (ESV)
- "And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death - even death on a cross!" - Philippians 2:8 (NIV)
- "But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." - Galatians 6:14 (KJV)
- "He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32 (NIV)
- "For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God's power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God's power we will live with him in our dealing with you." - 2 Corinthians 13:4 (NIV)
Quotes About The Cross Of Christ
- "The cross is the lightning rod of grace that short-circuits God's wrath to Christ so that only the light of his love remains for believers." - A.W. Tozer
- "The cross is not the terrible end to an otherwise god-fearing and happy life, but it meets us at the beginning of our communion with Christ. When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- "The cross is the central event in the world's history, the climax of the gospel story, and the heart of God's redemptive plan for humanity." - Billy Graham
- "The cross is a one-time visual representation of God's grief over sin." - Ravi Zacharias
- "The cross is not a sign of the church's triumph, but rather of God's triumph over sin, death, and evil. It is a sign of the church's participation in that triumph." - Fleming Rutledge
- "The cross was two pieces of dead wood; and a helpless, unresisting Man was nailed to it; yet it was mightier than the world, and triumphed, and will ever triumph over it." - Augustus William Hare
- "The cross is the ultimate symbol of love, sacrifice, and forgiveness." - Rick Warren
- "The cross is the ultimate demonstration of God's love for us. It is the ultimate demonstration of the depth of his grace and the extent of his mercy." - Tony Evans
- "The cross is not just a symbol of suffering, but a symbol of hope. It is not just a symbol of death, but a symbol of life. It is not just a symbol of defeat, but a symbol of victory." - Unknown
- "The cross is the place where grace and justice meet." - Timothy Keller
We hope you have been blessed our collection of Bible verses about Jesus death on the cross, Bible verses about Jesus on the cross, and Bible verse about Jesus death on the cross.
Leave a Reply