In this article, we will be sharing with you some powerful inspirational Bible verses for women, what it means to be a woman of good character, and scriptures that speaks about the heart of a woman.
The Bible is an incredibly powerful book that can be used to change and empower women’s lives. It contains stories of godly women who overcame incredible obstacles and trials, scriptures that offer hope and encouragement, and verses that can help women to build strong and healthy relationships.
The Bible is a powerful tool that can be used to improve the lives of women in many different ways. Before we list out these bible verses that talks about women, lets see what the Bible says about women.
What does the bible say about women?
The Bible has a lot to say about women and their role in society. In the Old Testament, we see that women were treated as second-class citizens and were not given the same rights as men.
However, in the New Testament, that women where treated with respect and equality during the time of Jesus Christ and as taught by the Apostles.
The Bible teaches that women are equal to men in terms of their value and worth, and that they should be treated with respect and loved.
“There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” – Galatians 3:28
This verse from the Bible shows us that in the eyes of God, we are all equal. This includes men and women. We are all valued equally in the eyes of God, and we should treat each other with respect and love.
What does it mean to be a godly woman?
- A godly woman is a woman who loves and follows God with all her heart. She is a woman of substance who is kind, gentle, and loving.
- A godly woman is also a woman of strength and courage. She is not afraid to stand up for what she believes in, and she is not afraid to speak the truth.
- A godly woman is a woman who is beautiful inside and out. She is a woman who radiates the love of God, and she is a woman who loves others unconditionally.
“Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” – Proverbs 31:30
This verse from the Bible tells us that a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. A godly woman is a woman who loves and respects God. She is a woman of good character, and she is beautiful inside and out.
What is a God fearing woman?
- A God fearing woman is a woman who loves and fears God. She is a woman of noble character, and she is beautiful inside and out.
- A God fearing woman is also a fearless woman. She is not afraid to stand up for what she believes in, and she is not afraid to speak the truth.
- She is someone who is devout in her faith and takes her relationship with God seriously.
- A God fearing woman is someone who is humble and obedient to God’s will. She is someone who is always seeking to please God and to do His will.
“She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.” – Proverbs 31:17
This verse from the Bible tells us that a God fearing woman is someone who is hardworking and diligent. She is someone who sets her mind to her tasks and gets them done.
What does the Bible say about a heart of a woman?
- The Bible says that the heart of a woman is precious to God. He created a woman to be loving, compassionate, and nurturing.
- A woman’s heart is the source of her strength, and it is through her heart that she shows her love for God and others.
“Then Hannah prayed: My heart rejoices in the Lord! The Lord has made me strong. Now I have an answer for my enemies; I rejoice because you rescued me.” – 1 Samuel 2:1
This verse from the Bible tells us that a woman’s heart is full of joy when she trusts in the Lord. When we put our trust in God, He will give us the strength to overcome our enemies.
What does the Bible say about a woman’s worth?
- The Bible says that a woman is worth more than rubies. She is precious and beloved to God, and He has given her many gifts.
- A woman is to be respected and honored, and she is to be treated with love and kindness.
“Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.” – Proverbs 31:10
This verse from the Bible tells us that a woman is worth more than anything money can buy. She is precious and beloved to God, and He has given her many gifts.
What does Proverbs say about Women?
Proverbs is packed with verses that offer guidance for living a moral, upright life. This includes many scriptures about women and the qualities that God desires for them to have.
1. “Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.” – 1 Peter 3:3
A woman’s beauty should not come from her outward appearance, but from the inner person where her true beauty lies.
2. “An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who shames him is like rottenness in his bones.” – Proverbs 12:4
A woman is the crown of her husband, and she is to be praised for her wisdom and strength.
3. “House and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.” – Proverbs 19:14
A woman’s prudence and discretion are gifts from God, and she is to use them wisely.
4. “The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish pulls it down with her hands.” – Proverbs 14:1
A woman’s wisdom is essential in building a strong foundation for her family.
5. “Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.” – Proverbs 22:6
A woman’s role in raising children is to train them up in the ways of the Lord so that they will not depart from such teachings when they are older.
6. “She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.” – Proverbs 31:20
A true woman of God is one who is compassionate and caring, always reaching out to help those in need.
7. “Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” – Proverbs 16:24
A woman’s words can be both sweet and healing to those who hear them.
8. “She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.” – Proverbs 31:27
A woman oversees all that goes on in her home and takes care of her family with a servant’s heart.
9. “The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouth of the fool gushes folly.” – Proverbs 15:2
A woman’s wisdom is evident in her words, while a fool’s foolishness is readily seen in his speech.
10. “When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.” – Proverbs 31:21
When there is chaos in the home, a mother is there to provide stability and comfort. She is the one who keeps everything together when times are tough.
These are just a few of the many scriptures that offer guidance for women. As you can see, the Bible has a lot to say about the qualities that God desires in His people.
He wants us to be full of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. These are the qualities that will make us beautiful in His eyes.
29 Powerful Bible Verses Specifically For Women
1. A Woman Of Good Character
“Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives” – 1 Peter 3:1
This verse from the Bible teaches us that as wives, we are to be subject to our husbands. Even if our husbands do not obey the word of God, we can still win them over by our good character.
2. A Woman Full Of Wisdom
“She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness.” – Proverbs 31:26
A woman of wisdom is a woman who speaks words that are full of truth and knowledge. She is not afraid to share her faith and to instruct others in the ways of the Lord.
3. A Woman Of Strength
“She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar.” – Proverbs 31:14
This verse compares a woman to a ship that brings food from afar. A mother will always put her family first and make sure they have everything they need.
Just as a ship must be strong to withstand the waves, so must a woman be strong to withstand the trials and tribulations of life.
4. The Virtuous Woman
“Now don’t worry about a thing, my daughter. I will do what is necessary, for everyone in town knows you are a virtuous woman.” – Ruth 3:11 NLT
This verse from the book of Ruth is a story about a woman who was virtuous. She was known for her good character and was respected by everyone in the town.
5. A Woman Of Beauty
“You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.” – 1 Peter 3:4 NLT
This verse from 1 Peter tells us that the beauty that God desires in His people is not the outward appearance, but the inward beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit.
6. A Trustworthy Woman
“In the same way, the women are to be worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything.” – 1 Timothy 3:11
A woman should be trustworthy in everything she does. A trustworthy woman is one who can be trusted with secrets and confidences. She is someone who keeps her word and who can be depended on.
7. A Woman Of Honor
“A kindhearted woman gains honor, but ruthless men gain only wealth.” – Proverbs 11:16
A woman’s kindheartedness is more honorable than a man’s ruthlessness. A kindhearted woman is someone who is full of compassion and mercy. She is someone who cares for the poor and needy.
8. A Woman Of Courage
“Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
This verse from the book of Joshua tells us as women to be strong and courageous, and not to be afraid. When we are faced with difficult situations, we can trust that God is with us and will give us the strength to overcome.
9. A Humble Woman
“Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,” – 1 Peter 5:6
A humble woman is someone who does not think highly of herself, but realizes that she is nothing without God. When we humble ourselves before God, He will exalt us in due time.
10. A Woman Of Faith
“And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.” – Hebrews 11:6
This verse from Hebrews tells us that as a woman, in order to please God, we must have faith. Faith is believing in something that we cannot see. It is trusting God even when we do not understand His ways.
11. A Woman Of Dignity
“She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.” – Proverbs 31:25
A woman who is clothed with strength and dignity is a woman who is confident in who she is in Christ. She is calm and not afraid of what the future holds, because she knows that God is in control.
12. A Woman Of Love
“And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.” – Colossians 3:14
Love is the most important thing that a woman can wear. When we love others, it brings harmony and unity. Love is what binds us together as sisters in Christ.
13. A Woman Who Fears The Lord
“Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.” – Proverbs 31:30
A woman who fears the Lord is greatly valued by God. She lives her life in such a way that honors God. She is not afraid to speak the truth, even when it is unpopular.
14. A Diligent Woman
“She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants.” – Proverbs 31:15
A diligent woman is hardworking and takes care of her responsibilities. She is up early, taking care of her family and providing for their needs both physically and emotionally.
15. A Blessed Woman
“Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:” – Proverbs 31:28
A woman who is blessed by God is a woman who is truly to be praised. Her children and husband rise up to call her blessed, because they see the hand of God at work in her life.
16. A woman with self-control
“Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.” – 1 Corinthians 7:5
A woman with self-control is someone who can control her urges and desires. She is someone who is disciplined in her thoughts, words, and actions. When we have self-control, we are able to resist temptation and live a life that is pleasing to God.
17. A Valiant Woman
“She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.” – Proverbs 31:13
This verse means that a valiant woman is one who is not afraid to tirelessly work to meet her household’s needs. She is willing to put in the time and effort to get things done right.
18. A Woman With High Standards
“She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.” – Proverbs 31:18
A woman with high standards is a woman who knows her worth. She is not afraid to set the bar high and to expect the best from herself and from those around her.
19. A Woman Of Integrity
“In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness” – Titus 2:7
A woman of integrity is a woman who lives her life according to biblical principles. She is someone who is serious about her faith and takes it seriously.
20. A Woman Of Discretion
“The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain.” – Proverbs 31:11
A woman of discretion is a woman who can be trusted. Her husband knows that he can rely on her to make wise decisions. She is not afraid to take charge and to lead her family.
21. A Hospitable Woman
“Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.” – Hebrews 13:2
A hospitable woman is a woman who is welcoming to strangers. She is someone who opens her home and her heart to those in need.
22. A Woman Who Gives Generously
“A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.” – Proverbs 11:25
A woman who gives generously is a woman who understands the importance of giving. She knows that when she refreshes others, she will be refreshed as well.
23. A Woman Of Prayer
“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
A woman of prayer is a woman who understands the power of prayer. She knows that when she prays, she is connecting with the God who loves her and who has the power to change her circumstances.
24. A Woman Of Hope
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 15:13
A woman of hope is a woman who trusts in God. She knows that no matter what her circumstances are, there is a God in Heaven who watches over her and who loves her.
25. Not A Malicious Talker
“A perverse person stirs up conflict, and a gossip separates close friends.” – Proverbs 16:28
A woman who is not a malicious talker is a woman who understands the power of words. She knows that words can either build up or tear down, and she chooses to use her words to build others up.
26. A Woman Who Loves God
“And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it.” – 2 John 1:6
A woman who loves God is a woman who obeys His commandments. She knows that when she walks in obedience, she is walking in love.
27. A Woman Who Loves Her Husband
“Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.” – Ephesians 5:22-24
A woman who loves her husband is a woman who submits to him. She recognizes her husband as the head of the household and that she is to submit to him in all things.
28. A Woman Who Is patient
“Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.” –James 5:7-8
A woman who is patient is a woman who understands that God’s timing is perfect. She knows that there is a time for everything, and that in due season she will receive what she has been waiting for.
29. A Woman Is A Homemaker
“She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.” – Proverbs 31:27
A woman who is a homemaker is a woman who takes care of her home. She is someone who is not lazy, but who takes pride in her home and works hard to keep it clean and orderly.
Inspirational Quotes For Women Leaders
1. “Who you choose to be around and spend your time with will have a great impact on the woman you become.”
2. “You have what it takes to be a successful woman leader. Be confident and believe in yourself.”
3. “As a woman leader, always remember to be humble and stay grounded no matter how successful you become.”
4. “Never give up on your dreams and persist through the challenges. You can be a successful woman leader!”
5. “No one said being a woman leader would be easy. But it’s worth it, so never give up.”
6. “There will always be people who doubt you and try to bring you down. Ignore them and keep moving forward.”
7. “Be strong and fearless. You are a woman leader and you have what it takes to succeed.”
8. “There is no limit to what you can achieve as a woman leader. So dream big and go for it!”
9. “Be passionate about your work and always give 100%. That’s the key to success as a woman leader.”
10. “Always remember, you are not alone. There are other women leaders who have gone through the same challenges. Lean on them for support and guidance.”
11. “Never give up on your dreams of being a successful woman leader. You can achieve anything you set your mind to!”
12. “The sky is not the limit for you as a woman leader. So dream big and never give up.”
13. “No matter what challenges you face, always remember that you have what it takes to be a successful woman leader.”
14. “Be confident and believe in yourself. You are a woman leader and you can achieve great things!”
15. “There will always be people who try to bring you down. But don’t let them stop you from achieving your dreams.”
Frequently Asked Questions For Women
How can a woman be a strong Christian?
What is a good Bible verse about being a good wife?
“Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.” – Proverbs 5:19 KJV
What does the Bible say about submissive woman?
“Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.” – Colossians 3:18-19.
“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” – James 4:7
We hope that you have been blessed by our collection of powerful Bible verses for women empowerment.
- Powerful Prayers For Alcoholic Husband (Alcohol Abuse)
- Inspiring Prayers For Pregnant Mothers
- Powerful Prayers For Women