September Trivia Questions and Answers 2023
September is the ninth month of the year, full of historical events, significant birthdays, and interesting facts. It's the start of the fall season, and students head back to school, making it an exciting month for many.
But how much do you know about this month? Why not test your knowledge with our September trivia questions and answers to find out!
For more monthly quiz, see also August Trivia Quiz.
Table of Contents
September Trivia Questions And Answers
- Who is the famous actor who was born on 2 September 1964, and is known for his roles in the "Matrix" movies? Answer: Keanu Reeves
- September 6th is a special day of celebration in Bulgaria. What is the celebration called? Answer: Unification Day
- Who started the International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste? Answer: The United Nations General Assembly
- The name "September" comes from the Latin word "septem," which means? Answer: Seven
- What is the birthstone for September? Answer: Sapphire
- The month of September has how many days in it? Answer: 30 days
- In what year was the movie "September" released? Answer: 1987
- What famous British Royal family monarch was born on 7 September 1533? Answer: Elizabeth I
- Which American president was the only president born in September? Answer: William Howard Taft
- On September 19, 2021, in Los Angeles, California, which edition of the Primetime Emmy Awards ceremony took place? Answer: The 73rd Edition
This Day In History September
- On what day did the terrorist attacks occur on the World Trade Center in New York City? Answer: September 11, 2001
- On what day did the United States invade Afghanistan after the 9/11 attacks? Answer: October 7, 2001
- On September 1, 1939, which country invaded Poland, triggering the start of World War II? Answer: Germany
- Which country officially surrendered on September 2, 1945, ending World War II? Answer: Japan
- Which terrorist group carried out attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in the United States on September 11? Answer: Al-Qaeda
- Which important document was signed by the US Constitution's framers on September 17, 1787? Answer: The United States Constitution.
- Who was the famous American boxer defeated by Gene Tunney in a boxing match held in Soldier Field, Chicago on September 1927? Answer: Jack Dempsey
- Which famous battle took place in England between the England and the Vikings on September 1066? Answer: The Battle of Stamford Bridge
- Which agreement was signed between Germany, the United Kingdom, France, and Italy on September 30, 1938, which ultimately failed to prevent World War II? Answer: The Munich Agreement
- On what day did the first televised debate between JFK and Nixon take place? Answer: September 26, 1960
September Holidays and Observances
- What holiday is celebrated on the first Monday in September in the United States? Answer: Labor Day
- In what country is Independence Day celebrated on September 7th? Answer: Brazil
- Which month-long observance is celebrated in September to raise awareness about childhood cancer? Answer: Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- What holiday is observed on September 8th to commemorate the birth of the Virgin Mary? Answer: The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- What holiday is celebrated in the United States on the third Monday in September? Answer: National Cheeseburger Day
- Which famous fashion event takes place in September in New York City, London, Milan, and Paris? Answer: Fashion Week
- Which Christian holiday, also known as the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, is celebrated on September 14th? Answer: Holy Cross Day
- What holiday is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in September in the United States to raise awareness about voting rights? Answer: National Voter Registration Day
- Which holiday is observed on September 21st to promote peace and nonviolence? Answer: International Day of Peace
- Which famous Oktoberfest celebration begins in late September in Munich, Germany? Answer: Oktoberfest
Sporting Events In September
- How many Premier league titles have Chelsea F.C. won until September 2022? Answer: Six
- In what city was the 2022 annual Italian Grand Prix Formula One race held in September? Answer: Monza.
- What is Spain's biggest road cycling race which usually takes place in August and September? Answer: The Vuelta a España
- What annual college football game occurs between the University of Southern California and the University of Notre Dame in September or October? Answer: The USC-Notre Dame rivalry game
- What is the name of the annual golf tournament in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, in September that features the top 30 golfers from the PGA Tour? Answer: The Tour Championship
- What is the annual horse racing event in Paris, France, in early October but is often associated with September due to its proximity? Answer: The Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe
- What is the name of the annual tennis tournament in St. Petersburg, Russia, in late September and is part of the ATP Tour and WTA Tour? Answer: The St. Petersburg Open
- What is September's annual endurance sports car race in Austin, Texas, USA? Answer: The Lone Star Le Mans
- What is the September annual international basketball tournament in China and other countries that features teams worldwide? Answer: The FIBA Basketball World Cup
- What is the annual NFL game on the first Thursday of September that marks the beginning of the football season in the United States? Answer: The NFL Kickoff Game.
10 Facts About September You Did Not Know
- In the ancient Roman calendar, September was the year's seventh month.
- September is the start of meteorological fall in the Northern Hemisphere, based on annual temperature cycles rather than astronomical events.
- In the United States, September is National Hispanic Heritage Month, National Suicide Prevention Month, and Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
- The autumnal equinox, which marks the beginning of astronomical fall in the Northern Hemisphere, usually occurs on September 22 or 23.
- September is popular for weddings in many countries due to its pleasant weather and the symbolism of new beginnings.
- The United Nations General Assembly typically convenes in September yearly, with world leaders gathering in New York City to discuss international issues.
- September is also known for its many cultural festivals, including Oktoberfest in Germany, the Toronto International Film Festival, and the Mid-Autumn Festival in China and other Asian countries.
- In Japan, September is the month of silver grass, also known as Suzuki. The grass symbolises early autumn and is often used in traditional Japanese arts and crafts.
- September 8 is International Literacy Day, which aims to raise awareness about the importance of literacy and the need for increased access to education.
- September 21 is World Alzheimer's Day, a day dedicated to raising awareness about Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia.
Leave a Reply