In this trivia quiz, we will be testing your knowledge on the Ark of the Lord with these 20 Ark of the Covenant quiz questions and answers.
The Ark represented the presence of God among the Israelites and was kept in the Holy of Holies. Only the high priest could approach it, and even then, only after much cleansing.
The Bible mentions the Ark of the Covenant in several places, including in Exodus 25:10-22, where God tells Moses to build the Ark; in Numbers 10:33-36, where the Ark is used to help guide the Israelites through the desert; and in 1 Samuel 4:3-4, where the Ark is captured by the Philistines.
In each of these instances, the Ark is seen as a powerful symbol of God’s presence and protection.
Ark Of The Covenant Quiz Questions
1. Where did God say the mercy seat should be put?
a: On top of the ark
b: Inside the ark
c: Under the ark
d: Beside the ark
2. What kind of wood was the ark of the covenant made of?
a: A cedar wood
b: An olive wood
c: An acacia wood
d: An oak wood
3. Who kept the ark of the covenant of the Lord in his house for three months and as a result the Lord blessed all his household?
4. Which tribe of Israel was allowed to carry the ark of the covenant?
5. The mercy seat was overlaid with what?
a: Pure jasper
b: Pure gold
c: Pure emerald
d: Pure sapphire
6. Who was the king of Israel that brought back the ark of the covenant?
7. How many priests were to carry the Ark of the Covenant?
a: Seven priests
b: Six priests
c: Four priests
d: 12 priests
8. Which of these was not in the ark of the covenant?
a: The dead sea scrolls
b: Tablets of the covenant
c: Aaron’s staff
d: Gold jar of manna
9. In the Bible, who touched the ark of the covenant and died?
10. How many cherubim were placed on the mercy seat?
a: Two golden cherubim
b: One golden cherubim
c: Two emerald cherubim
d: Twelve golden cherubim
11. What happened when the Philistines took the ark of God into the temple of Dagon?
a: Their idol “Dagon” started speaking to them
b: A great earthquake swallowed them
c: Their idol “Dagon” fell on it face before the ark of covenant
d: A fierce storm arose and destroyed them
12. Who was killed when the Philistines captured the ark?
a: Hophni and Phinehas
b: Eli and Hophni
c: Ichabod and Phinehas
d: Ichabod and Eli
13. Who said; “Here I am, living in a house of cedar, while the ark of God remains in a tent.”
b: Prophet Nathan
c: King Solomon
d: King David
14. How many times did the Israelites march around the walls of Jericho with the ark of the covenant on the seventh day?
a: Seven times
b: Eight times
c: Forty times
d: Ten times
15. When the ark of the covenant was returned back to Israel’s camp, what happened next?
a: They fell on their face
b: They mourned for forty days
c: They started weeping
d: They shouted with a great shout
16. Where is the ark of the covenant today?
a: At the Church of St. Mary of Zion
b: In mount Sanai
c: No one knows
d: In Ethiopia
17. When the Israelites shouted with a great shout after ark of the Lord was returned, what natural even took place?
a: The earth shook
b: The sun turned red
c: The skies turned dark
d: The veil was torn
18. How long was the ark of the Lord in the country of the Philistines?
a: Forty days
b: 24 hrs
c: Seven days
d: Seven months
19. In what city did the ark of the covenant rest for 20 years after it was returned by the Philistines?
20. Who did God tell to build the ark of the covenant?
Ark Of The Covenant Quiz Answers
1. On top of the ark – Exodus 25:21
2. An acacia wood – Exodus 25:10
3. Obededom – 2 Samuel 6:11
4. Levites – 1 Chronicles 15:2
5. Pure gold – Exodus 25:11
6. David – 1 Chronicles 15:3
7. Seven priests – Joshua 6:6
8. The dead sea scrolls – Hebrews 9:4
9. Uzzah – 2 Samuel 6:6-7
10. Two golden cherubim – 2 Chronicles 3:10
11. Their idol “Dagon” fell on it face before the ark of covenant – 1 Samuel 5:3-4
12. Hophni and Phinehas – 1 Samuel 4:11
13. King David – 2 Samuel 7:2
14. Seven times – Joshua 6:1:15
15. They shouted with a great shout –
16. No one knows as it was not written in the Bible
17. The earth shook – 1 Samuel 4:5
18. Seven months – 1 Samuel 6:1
19. Kirjath-jearim – 1 Samuel 7:2
20. Moses – Exodus 25:10
Where is the ark of the covenant today?
No one knows where the physical Ark of the covenant is, however since the ark of the covenant represented the presence of God, then we have to agree that the ark of covenant is in God’s presence.
What did the ark of the covenant represent
The ark of the covenant was a symbol of God’s presence with the Israelites. The ark of the covenant was a symbol of God’s presence with the Israelites. It was a box that held the Ten Commandments and other items that were sacred to the Israelites. The ark was kept in the Tabernacle, and later in the Temple in Jerusalem.