60 Important Bible Verses About Finances [Updated]
In this post, we will be looking at some powerful bible verses about finances, what the bible says about finances and how we can be prosperous.
Are you facing financial burden, struggling to eat decent meals daily, or are you facing financial instability, then why not spend some time daily to go through these collection of bible scriptures on finances and what God has in stock for you.
See also: Bible Verses About Tithes and Offering
Bible Verses About Finances
- Malachi 3:10 - "Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need."
- Proverbs 28:22 - "A stingy man hastens after wealth and does not know that poverty will come upon him."
- 1 Corinthians 16:2 - "On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come."
- Proverbs 23:5 - "When your eyes light on it, it is gone, for suddenly it sprouts wings, flying like an eagle toward heaven."
- Ecclesiastes 7:12 - "For the protection of wisdom is like the protection of money, and the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom preserves the life of him who has it."
- Romans 13:8 - "Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law."
- Acts 20:35 - "In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, It is more blessed to give than to receive."
- 1 Timothy 6:17 - "As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy."
- Luke 12:34 - "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
- Luke 14:28 - "For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?"
- Mark 4:19 - "But the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it proves unfruitful."
- James 1:17 - "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change."
- Proverbs 13:22 - "A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, but the sinner's wealth is laid up for the righteous."
- 1 Chronicles 29:14 - "But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able thus to offer willingly? For all things come from you, and of your own have we given you."
- Deuteronomy 8:18 - "You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day."
Bible Verses About Money
- Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
- Proverbs 10:4 - "A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich."
- Proverbs 3:9 - "Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce."
- 1 Timothy 6:10 - "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs."
- Proverbs 22:1 - "A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, and favor is better than silver or gold."
- Proverbs 28:20 - "A faithful man will abound with blessings, but whoever hastens to be rich will not go unpunished."
- John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."
- Proverbs 10:22 - "The blessing of the Lord makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it."
- Matthew 6:24 - "No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."
- Luke 16:11 - "If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches?"
- Ephesians 5:5 - "For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God."
- Proverbs 22:7 - "The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender."
- Deuteronomy 16:17 - "Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord your God that he has given you."
- Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
- Proverbs 21:5 - "The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty."
Bible Verses About Managing Finances
- Philippians 4:19 - "And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
- Psalm 37:21 - "The wicked borrows but does not pay back, but the righteous is generous and gives."
- 3 John 1:2 - "Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul."
- Hebrews 13:5 - "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you."
- 1 Peter 5:7 - "Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."
- Proverbs 15:27 - "Whoever is greedy for unjust gain troubles his own household, but he who hates bribes will live."
- Luke 6:38 - "Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you."
- Proverbs 11:28 - "Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like a green leaf."
- Proverbs 11:4 - "Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death."
- Proverbs 18:11 - "A rich man's wealth is his strong city, and like a high wall in his imagination."
- 2 Corinthians 9:8 - "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work."
- Matthew 6:25 - "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?"
- Proverbs 23:4 - "Do not toil to acquire wealth; be discerning enough to desist."
- Ecclesiastes 5:10 - "He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income; this also is vanity."
- Mark 8:36 - "For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?"
What does the Bible say about Finances
- Matthew 5:42 - "Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you."
- Romans 13:7 - "Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed."
- Matthew 19:21 - "Jesus said to him, If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me."
- Proverbs 21:20 - "Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man's dwelling, but a foolish man devours it."
- Matthew 6:33 - "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."
- Proverbs 11:1 - "A false balance is an abomination to the Lord, but a just weight is his delight."
- Matthew 25:21 - "His master said to him, Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master."
- Matthew 6:21 - "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
- Proverbs 27:23 - "Know well the condition of your flocks, and give attention to your herds."
- Psalm 24:1 - "A Psalm of David. The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein."
- 1 Timothy 5:8 - "But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."
- Proverbs 13:11 - "Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it."
- Proverbs 28:8 - "Whoever multiplies his wealth by interest and profit gathers it for him who is generous to the poor."
- Exodus 22:25 - "If you lend money to any of my people with you who is poor, you shall not be like a moneylender to him, and you shall not exact interest from him."
- Luke 12:15 - "And he said to them, Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."
Prayer for Financial Stability
Dear Lord, your word says in Philippians 4:19 that you will supply all our needs according to your riches in glory. Lord, I ask that you bless me and my family with financial stability. I ask that you open the flood gates of Heaven and pour out your financial blessings upon us today. If there is anything in me that would prevent me from receiving your blessings, I ask that you uproot it out of me and cleans me. Thank you Lord for answered prayers. Amen!
FAQs About Worry and Finances
What does God say about financial freedom?
Psalm 37:21 says, "The wicked borrows and does not repay, but the righteous is generous and gives." This verse talks about how the righteous person is generous and gives, while the wicked person borrows and does not repay. This verse teaches us that it is better to give than to borrow.
What does the Bible say about helping beggars?
The Bible tells us to help beggars and other people in need. In the book of James, it says, "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." (James 1:27). We should help others because we are called to love our neighbour as ourselves. When we help others, we show the love of Jesus to them.
What does the Bible say about being a good steward of your finances?
These are all important questions when it comes to our finances and how we should handle them. The Bible has a lot to say about money, possessions, and giving.
Proverbs 22:7 says, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender." This verse teaches us that it's important to be wise with our money and not to live beyond our means. If we're not careful, we can easily get into debt and become enslaved to our lenders.
What did Jesus say about finances?
Jesus said a lot about finances, but one of the most famous passages is from Matthew 6:19-21. In it, Jesus says, "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
In other words, Jesus is saying that it's more important to focus on heavenly rewards than earthly ones. This doesn't mean that we should neglect our finances or live in poverty, but it does mean that we shouldn't make money our top priority.
What does God say about financial struggles?
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures and leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul and guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me;
When it comes to financial struggles, God doesn't promise that we will never have them. But He does promise to be with us every step of the way. He will provide for us, comfort us, and lead us to victory. So don't give up if you're going through a tough time financially. God is right there with you, and He will see you through!
What Bible verse is for finances?
The Bible verse for finances is Proverbs 3:9-10. "Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine." This verse speaks to giving God our best and trusting Him with our finances. When we do this, He will bless us abundantly. Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38.
What God says about your finances?
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11. No matter what your current financial situation looks like, God has a plan for your finances. He wants to bless you and use you to bless others. So don't give up and keep trusting Him! He will provide for you in His perfect time and way.
We hope that you have been blessed by our collection of powerful bible verses about finances, what the bible says about finances and how we can be prosperous.