Seeking God With All Your Heart - 10 Steps To Take
In this post, we will be sharing with you on the topic seeking God with all your heart the right way, seek God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.
The purpose of this weekly devotional topics is to spread the Word of God while giving an understanding of what the bible is saying to us as Christians and also to those yet to receive Christ as their Lord and Savior.
See also: How Do I Trust God With All My Heart?
10 Ways To Seek God With All Your Heart
- 1. Seek God Through Prayer
- 2. Seek God Through Reading The Bible
- 3. Seek God Through Worship
- 4. Seek God Through Act Of Service
- 5. Seek God Through Fellowship
- 6. Seek God Through Meditation
- 7. Seek God Through Gratitude
- 8. Seek God By Living A Sinless Life
- 9. Seek God By Keeping Our Tongues From Evil
- 10. Seek God By Doing What Is Right
- What Is Jeremiah 29:13?
- Bible References On How To Seek God
- What Does It Mean To Seek God?
- Seeking God Quotes
- Bible Verses About Seeking God With All Your Heart
- Seeking The Face Of God Scriptures
- Seeking God Scriptures
- FAQs On Seeking God With All Your Heart
10 Ways To Seek God With All Your Heart
One of the most important things we can do in life is to seek God with all our hearts. When we do this, we open ourselves up to His love and guidance. He wants us to come to Him with everything that's on our minds and in our hearts.
Below are steps on how to seek God with your heart:
1. Seek God Through Prayer
We can talk to Him about anything and everything that's on our minds, and we can ask for His guidance in all areas of our lives. Prayer is a way to connect with God and to get to know Him better.
2. Seek God Through Reading The Bible
The Bible contains many teachings from God Himself, and it can help us to learn more about Him and His ways. Reading the Bible is a great way to connect with God and to grow closer to Him.
3. Seek God Through Worship
When we worship Him, we express our love for Him and we give Him the honor and glory that He deserves. Worshiping God is a great way to deepen our relationship with Him.
4. Seek God Through Act Of Service
When we serve others, we are serving God Himself. Serving others is a great way to show our love for God and to grow closer to Him.
5. Seek God Through Fellowship
When we spend time with other believers, we are building relationships with people who love and support God. Fellowship is a great way to deepen our connection with God and to learn more about Him.
6. Seek God Through Meditation
When we meditate, we quiet our minds and we focus on God. This is a great way to get to know Him better and to connect with Him more deeply.
7. Seek God Through Gratitude
Expressing gratitude for the blessings in our lives is a powerful way to seek God. By acknowledging His goodness and faithfulness, we cultivate a heart of thankfulness and develop a greater awareness of His presence in our daily lives.
8. Seek God By Living A Sinless Life
When we live according to His laws and commandments, we are seeking Him with all our hearts. Living a sinless life is a way to show our love for God and to glorify Him.
9. Seek God By Keeping Our Tongues From Evil
When we speak words of love and encouragement, we are seeking God with all our hearts. Speaking negatively about others is a way to disobey God and to reject Him.
10. Seek God By Doing What Is Right
When we make choices based on what is good and right, we are seeking Him with all our hearts. Doing what is right is a way to honor God and to show our love for Him.
What Is Jeremiah 29:13?
Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV) says “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” So in seeking God, your heart has to stay connected to Him at all times. In addition to this, you need to set your heart ablaze with the word of God.
Furthermore, the word of God helps you to align yourself with the spirit in other for you not pray amiss. God’s kingdom comes when He finds alerted men who have aligned themselves to the word of God.
Every man must pay the price of alignment in other to be an effective host of God’s glory. Therefore, the cost of alignment requires pruning, in-depth of the word, discipline, commitment, tears, appetite to mention a few which in the end brings God’s glory to you and your house-hold.
Bible References On How To Seek God
- Romans 8:18 (NIV) says “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.” Thus, seeking God requires spending time in the presence of God. However, most of the things we seek can be found in His presence. Constant prayer is a shield to you in times of battle, it keeps you alert and activate your senses in the spirit where mysteries are revealed to you.
- Romans 8:11 (NIV) - “And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you“
- Matthew 13:11 (NIV) - “He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them“
- Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) - "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
The travail in seeking God is for you to prevail – Hope
What Does It Mean To Seek God?
To seek God means seeking His presence and His will for our lives. In order to seek the face of the Lord, we need to know who He is. We can learn about God by reading the Bible and listening to sermons. We can also pray and ask Him to reveal Himself to us.
God is interested in our lives and He desires for us to have a relationship with Him. He wants us to come to Him with our questions and concerns.
He also wants us to worship Him and thank Him for all He has done for us. When we seek the face of the Lord, we will be drawn closer to Him and we will experience His love and grace.
Seeking God Quotes
- "Seek God. Trust in Him. He will never steer you wrong."
- "The closer you get to God, the closer you get to discovering who you truly are."
- "Seeking God is not about finding a destination; it's about embarking on a lifelong journey."
- "When you seek God with all your heart, you will find Him in the most unexpected places."
- "Seeking God requires a humble heart, an open mind, and a willingness to surrender to His will."
- "The more you seek God, the more you will realize that He is seeking you even more."
- "Seeking God is not a sign of weakness; it is a testament of strength and a hunger for truth."
- "In the pursuit of knowledge, seek God. In the pursuit of wisdom, find yourself in Him."
- "Seeking God is like searching for a hidden treasure; the journey itself is valuable and rewarding."
- "When you seek God first, everything else falls into place."
Bible Verses About Seeking God With All Your Heart
- Psalms 14:2 - "The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God."
- Job 5:8-9 - "I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: Which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvellous things without number:"
- Deuteronomy 4:29 - "But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul."
- James 4:8 - "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded."
- Matthew 7:7-8 - "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."
- Psalms 63:1 - "O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;"
- Psalms 119:2 - "Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart."
- Jeremiah 29:12-14 - "Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the Lord: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the Lord; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive."
- Matthew 6:33 - "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
- Psalms 119:10 - "With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments."
- Psalms 40:16 - "Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified."
- Psalms 34:10 - "The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing."
- Psalms 9:10 - "And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee."
- Proverbs 8:17 - "I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me."
Seeking The Face Of God Scriptures
- Isaiah 55:6-7 - "Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon."
- Lamentations 3:25 - "The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him."
- Proverbs 3:6 - "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
- Psalm 9:10 - "And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee."
- Zephaniah 2:3 - "Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord's anger."
- Amos 5:4 - "For thus saith the Lord unto the house of Israel, Seek ye me, and ye shall live:"
- 2 Chronicles 12:14 - "And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the Lord."
- Luke 12:31 - "But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you."
- Psalm 27:4 - "One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple."
- Psalm 119:10 - "With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments."
- Proverbs 8:17 - "I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me."
- Psalm 105:3 - "Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice!"
- Psalm 119:2 - "Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart."
- Psalm 34:10 - "The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing."
Seeking God Scriptures
- Proverbs 28:5 - "Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the Lord understand all things."
- Psalm 63:1 - "O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;"
- Psalm 70:4 - "Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified."
- Colossians 3:1-2 - "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth."
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 - "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
- Jeremiah 29:13 - "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."
- Hebrews 11:6 - "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."
- 1 Chronicles 16:11 - "Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually."
- Acts 17:26-27 - "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:"
- Psalm 105:4 - "Seek the Lord, and his strength: seek his face evermore."
- 1 Chronicles 22:19 - "Now set your heart and your soul to seek the Lord your God; arise therefore, and build ye the sanctuary of the Lord God, to bring the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and the holy vessels of God, into the house that is to be built to the name of the Lord."
- 2 Chronicles 15:13 - "That whosoever would not seek the Lord God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman."
- Psalm 14:2-3 - "The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one."
- Psalm 27:8 - "When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek."
FAQs On Seeking God With All Your Heart
What does it mean to seek God's heart?
Seeking God's heart means to desire to know His will and to do it. It means to desire to have a relationship with Him that goes beyond just knowing about Him. It means wanting to be like Him and to walk in His ways. It means desiring intimacy with Him more than anything else.
This is a lifelong journey that requires dedication and perseverance. But it is worth the effort because when you find God's heart, you find the ultimate source of happiness and fulfilment.
What does the Bible say about God searching our hearts?
The Bible says that God searches our hearts (1 Chronicles 28:9) and knows our thoughts from afar (Psalm 139:2). This means that God knows our innermost desires, fears, and motivations. He knows what we are thinking even before we think it!
Since God knows us so well, we can trust Him to guide and direct our lives. We don't have to be afraid of what He might think or do, because we know that He loves us and has our best interests at heart. We can approach Him with confidence, knowing that He will listen to us and help us in whatever we need.
Leave a Reply