70 Uplifting Bible Verses About God's Grace KJV
In this article, we will be sharing with you some uplifting bible verses about God's grace, bible verses about grace, and how we can obtain God's grace and mercy.
What Is Grace?
The word "grace" comes from a Latin word meaning "favor." Grace is the unmerited, undeserved, and unearned favor of God. Grace is a gift of God that he gives to us freely even when we don't deserve it.
See also: Bible Verses For Women Empowerment
Bible Verses About God's Grace KJV
- 2 Corinthians 9:8 - "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:"
- Philemon 25 - "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen."
- Romans 4:16 - "Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,"
- Hebrews 4:16 - "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
- Proverbs 28:13 - "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."
- 2 Timothy 4:22 - "The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen."
- Romans 3:24 - "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:"
- 2 Corinthians 1:12 - "For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward."
- Colossians 1:6 - "Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:"
- 2 Corinthians 4:15 - "For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God."
What Does The Bible Say About God's Grace?
- Ephesians 4:7 - "But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ."
- Jude 4 - "For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."
- Romans 5:20 - "Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:"
- 1 Peter 4:10 - "As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God."
- Galatians 2:21 - "I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."
- Titus 2:11-12 - "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;"
- 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 - "Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work."
- Luke 2:40 - "And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him."
- Hebrews 13:9 - "Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein."
- Romans 6:15 - "What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid."
Bible Verses About God's Sustaining Grace
- John 1:14 - "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
- Ephesians 1:7 - "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;"
- 2 Corinthians 8:7-9 - "Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also. I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love. For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich."
- Colossians 4:6 - "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."
- John 1:17 - "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."
- Acts 4:33 - "And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all."
- Romans 4:4-5 - "Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."
- 1 Peter 5:10 - "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
- Titus 3:7 - "That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."
- 2 Timothy 1:9 - "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,"
Bible Verses About God's Abundant Grace
- Romans 6:14 - "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."
- Romans 5:1-2 - "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God."
- Acts 20:24 - "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God."
- John 1:16 - "And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace."
- 2 Peter 3:18 - "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen."
- Ephesians 2:4-5 - "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)"
- 2 Corinthians 12:8-9 - "For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
- Ephesians 1:6 - "To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved."
- Revelation 22:20-21 - "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
- Revelation 22:21 - "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
Scriptures On Grace and Mercy KJV
- Romans 11:6 - "And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work."
- Romans 3:23-24 - "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:"
- 2 Peter 1:2 - "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,"
- Romans 6:1-3 - "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?"
- Acts 20:32 - "And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified."
- James 4:6 - "But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."
- Acts 15:11 - "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."
- 2 Corinthians 6:1 - "We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain."
- 2 Timothy 2:1 - "Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus."
Best Examples Of Grace In The Bible
- The story of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32) - In this parable, a son squanders his inheritance and returns home expecting to be treated as a servant. Instead, his father welcomes him back with open arms and throws a feast to celebrate his return, showing unconditional love and forgiveness.
- The woman caught in adultery (John 8:1-11) - When a group of people bring a woman caught in adultery before Jesus, he tells them that whoever is without sin should cast the first stone. One by one, they all walk away, and Jesus tells the woman that he does not condemn her, showing mercy and compassion.
- The conversion of Saul (Acts 9:1-19) - Saul was a zealous persecutor of Christians, but on the road to Damascus, he encounters Jesus and is transformed. Despite his past actions, he is forgiven and given a new purpose as an apostle.
- The healing of the ten lepers (Luke 17:11-19) - When Jesus heals ten lepers, only one of them returns to thank him. Jesus commends this man for his faith and gratitude, showing undeserved kindness and love.
- The crucifixion of Jesus (Luke 23:26-43) - Despite being falsely accused and sentenced to death, Jesus shows grace to those who crucify him, asking God to forgive them and promising a place in paradise to the thief who expresses faith in him.
FAQs About God's Grace
Is Grace a Gift from God?
Yes, grace is a gift from God and this is evident in Ephesians 2:8-9 which says "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
We hope that you have been blessed by our collection of uplifting bible verses about God's grace KJV and how we can obtain God's grace and mercy.
What is God's grace according to the Bible?
1 Corinthians 15:10 says "But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me."
The Bible teaches that God sent His Son Jesus to be our Savior because He loves us so much and wants us to have eternal life with Him. When we believe in Jesus as our Savior, God forgives all our sins and offers us eternal life through Jesus.
What is difference between grace and blessing?
Grace can be seen as something that has been given to us by God freely and not deserved (Romans 3:24), while blessing is something that we do to show gratitude to God for our good. The word "grace" comes from the Latin, meaning "to be lucky." The word "blessing" comes from the Old English, which means "to gain something good."
When we consider these two words in relation to our salvation, we can see how only God can give grace and that it is our job to do good for the sake of receiving a blessing.
How do we receive God's grace?
We receive God’s grace by believing in Him, accepting Jesus as the Son of God and the Savior of our souls. We can also receive grace by doing good deeds, repenting for our sins, and following His commands.
The Bible tells us that we are saved by faith and not by our works. We must do good deeds to show that we are grateful for God's love and grace.
Leave a Reply