20 Inspiring Bible Verses About Loneliness KJV
In this article, we will be sharing with you some important bible verses about loneliness KJV. Loneliness is a feeling of being isolated or alone, which can be experienced both physically and emotionally.
It is often described as a sense of emptiness or isolation. While everyone feels lonely at times, some people experience this feeling more often than others.
For some, loneliness may be triggered by social isolation, while for others it may be the result of experiencing loss or rejection.
The bible has a lot to say about loneliness. In fact, the word "loneliness" appears in the bible over 50 times.
The bible speaks about the importance of human relationships, and how they can help us to overcome loneliness. It also assures us that God is always with us, even when we feel alone.
- Bible Verses About Loneliness KJV
- Bible Verses About Being Lonely KJV
- Bible Verses About Feeling Alone KJV
- Let It Go and Let Them Walk
- I Am Never Lonely
- I Never Felt Like I Fit In
- Times May Have Changed
- How do you overcome loneliness as a Christian?
- Comforting Quotes About Loneliness
- A Simple Prayer To Overcome Loneliness
- What is Loneliness?
- What causes Loneliness?
- What is a good Bible verse for loneliness?
- What does the Bible say about being lonely and depressed?
- What does the Bible say about isolating yourself?
- Who in the Bible was lonely?
- What does Bible say about isolation?
- Who in the Bible walked alone?
Bible Verses About Loneliness KJV
And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.
Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
1 Corinthians 12:26
And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
Bible Verses About Being Lonely KJV
A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
He hath put my brethren far from me, and mine acquaintance are verily estranged from me. My kinsfolk have failed, and my familiar friends have forgotten me.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living. Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.
2 Timothy 4:16-18
At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Bible Verses About Feeling Alone KJV
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Let It Go and Let Them Walk
When people walk away from you, let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you, and it doesn't mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over. - T.D. Jakes
I Am Never Lonely
I am never lonely when I am reading the Bible. Nothing dissolves loneliness like a session with God's Word. - Billy Graham
I Never Felt Like I Fit In
At school I pretended I had a normal life, but I felt lonely all the time and different from everyone else. I never felt like I fit in, and I wasn't allowed to participate in after-school activities, go to sports events or parties or date boys. Many times I had to make up stories about why I couldn't do anything with my classmates. - Joyce Meyer
Times May Have Changed
Times may have changed, but there are some things that are always with us - loneliness is one of them. - Laurie Graham
How do you overcome loneliness as a Christian?
- God is always with you - "I will never leave you nor forsake you." - Hebrews 13:5
- Reach out to others - "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." - Hebrews 10:24
- Spend time in nature - "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." - Psalm 19:1
- Pray - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." - Philippians 4:6
- Read the Bible - "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path." - Psalm 119:105
- Focus on the positive - "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things." - Philippians 4:8
- Serve others - "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” - Mark 10:45
- Know that you are not alone - "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” - Matthew 28:20
- Trust in God - "Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you." - Psalm 9:10
- Find a supportive community - "How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!" - Psalm 133:1
Comforting Quotes About Loneliness
This collection of comforting quotes about loneliness will uplift your spirit and help you to overcome loneliness, one step at a time.
1. How comfortable it is to have One, day and night, before the throne to control the charge of our enemy, and the despondencies of our souls. - Stephen Charnock
2. Some Christians try to go to heaven alone, in solitude. But believers are not compared to bears or lions or other animals that wander alone. Those who belong to Christ are sheep in this respect, that they love to get together. Sheep go in flocks, and so do God's people. - Charles Spurgeon
3. You are never left alone when you are alone with God. - Woodrow Kroll
4. It is not darkness you are going to, for God is Light. It is not lonely, for Christ is with you. It is not unknown country, for Christ is there. - Charles Kingsley
5. No matter how low down you are; no matter what your disposition has been; you may be low in your thoughts, words, and actions; you may be selfish; your heart may be overflowing with corruption and wickedness; yet Jesus will have compassion upon you. He will speak comforting words to you; not treat you coldly or spurn you, as perhaps those of earth would, but will speak tender words, and words of love and affection and kindness. Just come at once. He is a faithful friend - a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. - Dwight L. Moody
6. You may be lonely, poor, and cold, neglected by the children, forgotten by your friends, yet may have the glad Christmas joy in your heart as Paul had, shut up in prison cells at Rome! - John R. Rice
7. If your life is empty, fill it with Christ. - Woodrow Kroll
8. A lonely day is God’s way of saying that he wants to spend some quality time with you. - Criss Jami
9. Snuggle in God's arms. When you are hurting, when you feel lonely, left out. let Him cradle you, comfort you, reassure you of His all-sufficient power and love. - Kay Arthur
10. Christ literally walked in our shoes and entered into our affliction. Those who will not help others until they are destitute reveal that Christ's love has not yet turned them into the sympathetic persons the Gospel should make them. - Tim Keller
11. My happiness will remain in everything with which God so generously surrounds human loneliness. - Vladimir Nabokov
12. Until you get comfortable with being alone you'll never know if you're choosing someone out of love or loneliness. - Mandy Hale
A Simple Prayer To Overcome Loneliness
Dear Lord, my heart cry out from the depths of my lonely heart. It feels as if empty days stretch endlessly ahead and the long dark nights are numerous. You alone Lord, can fill the void for you are ever present and ready to comfort us.
Your word says you are close to the brokenhearted, you set the lonely in families and comfort them. You are with us on the difficult days when memories and loneliness engulf us. Lord I ask that you fill my heart with joy, peace, comfort and warmth at these lonely time.
Lord, bring Christ-filled people into my life so that I may know you are nearer to me. Draw me ever closer to you so that your glory may surround me and my family every day of my life.
Thank you Lord, for answered prayer. Amen!
What is Loneliness?
Loneliness is a feeling of emptiness, distress, and isolation. There are many reasons why some people might feel lonely, but the most common are social isolation or depression.
When you are surrounded by people that care about you, the feeling of loneliness goes away. However, when you're in an environment where nobody cares about you and nobody is willing to spend time with you - that's when the feeling of loneliness becomes worse.
And this type of loneliness can become dangerous because it can lead to depression or mental health issues like anxiety and panic attacks.
What causes Loneliness?
These days, many people are becoming more lonely. Loneliness is often because people experience social isolation, which can happen for a variety of reasons, one of which is the pandemic.
One of the most common reasons for isolation is introversion - the tendency to be shy or to spend time alone.
Society has made it so that introverts are seen as weird or different from "normal" people. As a result, they may feel like they don't belong in society. This can lead to loneliness and feelings of not having any friends - which can be quite painful.
Loneliness can also be triggered by many different events, such as - if one has recently lost a loved one, if one is physically separated from someone they are close to, or if one is away from home.
What is a good Bible verse for loneliness?
One of my favorite Bible verses for loneliness is Psalm 23:4. It says, "Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
This verse reminds me that even when I feel alone, God is always with me. He will comfort me and guide me through the darkness.
What does the Bible say about being lonely and depressed?
In Deuteronomy 31:8, it says, "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
Even though you may feel depressed or lonely, be rest assured that God is always with you.
What does the Bible say about isolating yourself?
Proverbs 18:1 says, "One who isolates himself seeks his own desire; He breaks out against all sound judgment."
This verse is telling us that it is not wise to separate ourselves from others and go our own way. We will only end up doing things that we want to do instead of what is best.
Who in the Bible was lonely?
Loneliness is a feeling that can be experienced by anyone, regardless of their social status or relationship status. In the Bible, we see many examples of people who felt lonely, even though they were surrounded by people.
For example, the prophet Elijah felt lonely when he was the only one who remained faithful to God during a time of widespread idolatry (1 Kings 19:10). King David also felt lonely at times, even though he had many friends and followers (Psalm 25:16).
What does Bible say about isolation?
The Bible does not explicitly mention the word "isolation." However, there are a number of verses that speak to the idea of isolation and loneliness.
For example, in Proverbs 18:1 we read, "Whoever isolates himself seeks his own desire; he breaks out against all sound judgment." This verse speaks to the idea that isolation can be a result of putting our own desires above those of others.
Who in the Bible walked alone?
There are numerous examples in the Bible of people who walked alone. One example is Abraham, who was called by God to leave his home and wander in a foreign land.
Other examples include Moses, who led the Israelites through the wilderness for forty years, and Jesus, who spent much of his time ministering to people in remote areas.
We hope that you have been blessed and inspired by our collection of Bible verses about loneliness, what the Bible says about being lonely and some famous loneliness quotes. Keep checking back for more motivating Bible verses and quotes. Also don't forget to checkout our blog section for the latest frequently asked bible questions and quizzes.