40 Powerful Bible Verses About Justice and Fairness
In this post, we will be looking at a collection of various bible verses about justice and fairness, bible quotes about justice and fairness. Before we continue, let's take a look at what justice is and how important it is in society.
God expected us to show kindness and love to one another, take care of the poor and not oppress them. Above all, we should all turn away from sinful practices, behaviors and pray for peace.
- What is Justice?
- God's Laws for Proper Judges
- What does the bible say about justice and equality
- What God says about injustice?
- Where in the Bible does it say to treat everyone equally?
- What does Proverbs say about justice?
- How do you pray against injustice?
- The Bible on Being Fair with People
- Bible Verses About Justice and Fairness
- Bible Verses About Equality and Justice
- Bible Verse About Fairness and Equality
- Bible Verses About Justice and Equality
- Famous Quotes About Justice and Fairness
What is Justice?
Justice is the act of governing oneself by moral rules, fairness/equality, and impartiality. Justice is an important part of society because it prevents chaos or anarchy. One of my favorite quote about justice is by Warren Wiersbe - "Yes, let God be the Judge. Your job today is to be a witness."
God's Laws for Proper Judges
The Bible is a huge source of guidance for Christians on how we should judge one another. In the Old Testament, the Jews were instructed on how they were to judge people who would come before them in court. The laws given in the Bible are more of a guide to help us make the right decisions and to live a godly life.
What does the bible say about justice and equality
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God - Micah 6:8. Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow. - Isaiah 1:17
What God says about injustice?
Do not twist justice in legal matters by favoring the poor or being partial to the rich and powerful. Always judge people fairly - Leviticus 19:15
Where in the Bible does it say to treat everyone equally?
My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, "You sit here in a good place," while you say to the poor man, "You stand over there," or, "Sit down at my feet," have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? - James 2:1-4.
What does Proverbs say about justice?
When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers. - Proverbs 21:15
How do you pray against injustice?
Dear Lord, I commit myself and my heart to you, that you may guide me from evil thoughts that leads to a sinful heart. Lord I ask that you give justice and peace to those who have been abused and ill treated by the evil one.
Father, your word says in Romans 12:19 that we should not take revenge, but that we leave that to your righteous wrath, for it is written: Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.
Lord, I leave everything under your care and pray that I may find peace in you. Amen.
The Bible on Being Fair with People
In this section, we will look at a few Bible verses on being fair with people.
- Matthew 7:1-2
Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again
- 1 Corinthians 10:33
Ye stand as an example of righteousness to all of those who are watching
- 1 John 1:7-8
And if we judged ourselves rightly and walked in the light as He is in the light we would have fellowship with one another…knowing the truth of the good news of peace through Jesus Christ our Lord
Bible Verses About Justice and Fairness
1. But let justice roll on like rivers, and righteousness like a mighty stream. - Amos 5:24
2. God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you. - 2 Thessalonians 1:6
3. May he defend the cause of the poor of the people, give deliverance to the children of the needy, and crush the oppressor! - Psalm 72:4
4. Correct me, O Lord, but in justice; not in your anger, lest you bring me to nothing. - Jeremiah 10:24
5. I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and will execute justice for the needy. - Psalm 140:12
6. Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly. - Leviticus 19:15
7. Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, and please the widow’s cause. - Isaiah 1:17
8. Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice. - Psalm 112:5
9. You shall not follow a crowd to do evil; neither shall you testify in court to side with a multitude to pervert justice; - Exodus 23:2
10. He will judge the world with justice and rule the nations with fairness. - Psalm 9:8
Bible Verses About Equality and Justice
11. Now then, let the fear of the Lord be upon you. Be careful what you do, for there is no injustice with the Lord our God, or partiality or taking bribes. - 2 Chronicles 19:7
12. Hate evil, love good, and establish justice in the courts. - Amos 5:15
13. You shall not pervert the justice due to the sojourner or to the fatherless, or take a widow's garment in pledge, - Deuteronomy 24:17
14. Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles. - Proverbs 24:17
15. One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want. Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. - Proverbs 11:24-25
16. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy. - Proverbs 31:9
17. You shall not deny justice to your poor people in their lawsuits. - Exodus 23:6
18. Because the poor are plundered, because the needy groan, I will now arise, says the Lord; I will place him in the safety for which he longs. - Psalm 12:5
19. Blessed are they who observe justice, who do righteousness at all times! - Psalm 106:3
20. Say among the nations, The Lord reigns! Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity. - Psalm 96:10
Bible Verse About Fairness and Equality
21. I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. - Acts 10:34
22. You are to have the same standard of law for the foreign resident and the native, for I am the Lord your God. - Leviticus 24:22
23. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility - Ephesians 2:14
24. So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. - Matthew 7:12
25. But take care that this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak. - 1 Corinthians 8:9
26. The Lord detests dishonest scales, but accurate weights find favor with him. - Proverbs 11:1
27. My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. - James 2:1
28. Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the Lord your God. - Leviticus 25:17
29. Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism. - Colossians 3:25
30. Honesty guides good people; dishonesty destroys treacherous people. - Proverbs 11:3
Bible Verses About Justice and Equality
31. Masters, do the same to them, and stop your threatening, knowing that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and that there is no partiality with him. - Ephesians 6:9
32. For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God, who is not partial and takes no bribe. - Deuteronomy 10:17
33. The Rock, His work is perfect, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness and without iniquity, just and upright is he. - Deuteronomy 32:4
34. Unequal weights and unequal measures are both alike an abomination to the Lord. - Proverbs 20:10
35. Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. - John 13:16
36. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. - Philippians 2:3
37. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. - Galatians 3:28
38. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. - Genesis 1:27
39. As for these four youths, God gave them learning and skill in all literature and wisdom, and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams. - Daniel 1:17
40. Who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, - Philippians 2:6
Famous Quotes About Justice and Fairness
1. And when God comes to reckon with his workmen, the ploughman and the sower shall have his penny, as well as the harvest-man and the reaper. - William Gurnall
2. Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just. - Blaise Pascal
3. Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together. - Daniel Webster
4. God puts Christ's enemies as a footstool beneath His feet, for their salvation as well as their destruction. - Origen
5. The blood of Christ stands not simply for the sting of sin on God but the scourge of God on sin, not simply for God's sorrow over sin, but for God's wrath on sin. - P.T. Forsyth
6. If you take care of yourself and walk with integrity, you may be confident that God will deal with those who sin against you. Above all, don't give birth to sin yourself; rather, pray for those who persecute you. God will one day turn your persecution into praise. - Warren Wiersbe
7. And, sir, when we think of eternity, and of the future consequences of all human conduct, what is there in this life that should make any man contradict the dictates of his conscience, the principles of justice, the laws of religion, and of God? - William Wilberforce
8. The incentive to peacemaking is love, but it degenerates into appeasement whenever justice is ignored. To forgive and to ask for forgiveness are both costly exercises. All authentic Christian peacemaking exhibits the love and justice - and so the pain - of the cross. - John Stott
9. I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
10. When our Savior drove the sheep and oxen out of the temple, He did not drive them into His own pasture; nor sweep the coin into His own pockets, when He overturned the table of the money-changers. - Thomas Fuller
We hope that you have been blessed and learnt something from our collection of bible verses about justice and fairness, scriptures on justice and fairness. Keep checking back for more powerful bible verses that will transform your life.
Leave a Reply