40 Interesting Facts Of The Bible With Verse
In this post, we will be looking at some interesting facts of the Bible, Bible trivia and facts about the Bible that you possibly did not know about. Some of the facts about the Bible are based on historical findings and manuscripts.
Interesting Facts Of The Bible
- 1. Enoch and Elijah are the only people recorded in the Bible who did not experience death.
Ref: Genesis 5:24 - "Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away." 2 Kings 2:11 - "As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind."
- 2. The only two animals recorded in the Bible to talk are the serpent which deceived Eve and the donkey which spoke to Balaam.
Ref: Genesis 3:13 - "Then the LORD God said to the woman, What is this you have done? The woman said, The serpent deceived me, and I ate." Numbers 22:28 - "Then the LORD opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?"
- 3. The shortest verse of the Bible in English translation is John 11:35
Ref: John 11:35 - "Jesus Wept"
- 4. The longest name in the Bible is Mahershalalhashbaz.
Ref: Isaiah 8:3 - "And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Mahershalalhashbaz."
- 5. The Bible indicates that the Earth we live in is round
Ref: Isaiah 40:22 - "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in."
- 6. The Earth is suspended in space
Ref: Job 26:7 - "God stretches the northern sky over empty space and hangs the earth on nothing."
- 7. Man was made from dust of the Earth
Ref: Genesis 2:7 - "Then the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person."
- 8. The Earth will experience earthquakes, famines and pestilence in different places.
Ref: Luke 21:11 - "There will be great earthquakes, and in various places famines and pestilences. And there will be terrors and great signs from heaven."
- 9. There are four rainbows in the Bible: Covenant, Glory of God, Throne of God, and as a Crown
- Genesis 9:13 - "I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth."
- Ezekiel 1:28 - "Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking."
- Revelation 4:3 - "And he who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian, and around the throne was a rainbow that had the appearance of an emerald."
- Revelation 10:1 - "Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven. He was robed in a cloud, with a rainbow above his head; his face was like the sun, and his legs were like fiery pillars."
- 10. The last word in the Bible is Amen.
Ref: Revelation 22:21 - "The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen."
Powerful Creatures in the Bible
Fun Facts About The Bible
- The Old Testament of the Bible has Nine Hundred and Twenty-Nine (929) chapters.
- The Bible contains all the wisdom the world needs to survive.
- The Bible is the most owned book in the world.
- The Bible contains information about paradise when we die as believers in Christ.
- Ruth and Esther are the only books in the Bible that are named after women.
- There are a total 12 prophets named in the Bible. This includes the books of Amos, Hosea, Obadiah, Joel, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi.
- The Bible contains a total of 611,00 words.
- Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the Bible.
- The book of Jeremiah is the longest book in the Old Testament with approximately 33,000 words in the original language.
- There are around 185 songs written in the Bible.
- The King James Bible version contains 788,258 words, 31,102 verses, 1,189 chapters, and 66 books.
- The longest verse of the Bible is Esther 8:9.
- The word Christian is used three times in the New Testament: Acts 11:26, Acts 26:28, and 1 Peter 4:16.
- As of September 2020, the full Bible had been translated into over 700 languages.
- China is the largest producer of the Christian Bible.
- The New Testament of the Bible has 260 chapters.
- The first five books of the Bible were all written by Moses through God's inspiration.
Facts About The Bible History
- The English word Bible is derived from its Latin cognate biblia meaning "the books".
- Over one hundred million (100M) copies of the Bible are sold yearly.
- The world's largest Bible is known to weigh 1,094 pounds.
- The first complete English Bible printed in America was published in 1782 by Robert Aitke.
- The Geneva Bible is the first English Bible to use contemporary verse divisions and the first English Bible translated completely from the Biblical languages.
- The Bay Psalm Book is the world's most expensive manuscript.
- John Wycliffe was the first to make (or at least oversee) an English translation of the Bible.
- The world's smallest bible is called the Nano Bible. Scientist imprinted approximately 1.2 million letters of the old testament on to a microchip which can fit the tip of a pen.
- The Bible is the best-selling book in history, with total sales exceeding over 5 billion copies.
- The Great Bible of 1539 is the first authorized Bible that was printed in English. This was authorized by King Henry VIII of England.
- The Gutenberg Bible is known to be the first book to be printed using movable metal type.
- Persia in the Bible is now the modern day Iran.
We hope that you have been blessed and learnt something from our collection of various interesting facts of the Bible, Bible trivia and facts Bible trivia and answers. Keep checking back for more fun Christian stuffs.