28 Important Bible Verses About Loyalty KJV
In this post, we will be sharing with you some important bible verses about loyalty and how that affects our relationship with God and others. We will also see what the bible has to say about being disloyal.
Loyalty is a quality that we must endeavor to attain. The bible has much to say on the topic of loyalty and we would like to share with you some of those passages that we feel are worth noting:
- Bible Verses About Loyalty KJV
- Bible Verses About Loyalty In Relationships
- Christian Quotes About Loyalty
- What does 1 Kings say about loyalty?
- What does the Bible say about loyalty to God?
- What is the Bible verse about loyalty in marriage?
- What does the Bible say about loyalty to friends?
- What does the Bible say about loyalty to strangers?
- What does the Bible say about loyalty in marriage?
- What's the difference between loyalty and honesty?
Bible Verses About Loyalty KJV
1 Samuel 24:6-10
"And he said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD'S anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD. So David stayed his servants with these words, and suffered them not to rise against Saul. But Saul rose up out of the cave, and went on his way."
David also arose afterward, and went out of the cave, and cried after Saul, saying, My lord the king. And when Saul looked behind him, David stooped with his face to the earth, and bowed himself. And David said to Saul, Wherefore hearest thou men's words, saying, Behold, David seeketh thy hurt?
Behold, this day thine eyes have seen how that the LORD had delivered thee to day into mine hand in the cave: and some bade me kill thee: but mine eye spared thee; and I said, I will not put forth mine hand against my lord; for he is the LORD'S anointed.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14
"Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. Let all your things be done with charity."
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
"A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."
"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."
"They would not be like their forefathers- a stubborn and rebellious generation, whose hearts were not loyal to God, whose spirits were not faithful to him."
Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
"If the spirit of the ruler rise up against thee, leave not thy place; for yielding pacifieth great offences."
"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands."
"Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,"
"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile."
"Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended."
"Many a man claims to have unfailing love, but a faithful man who can find?"
"Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother."
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
1 Corinthians 4:2
"Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful."
1 Corinthians 13:7
"Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."
"He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour."
2 Timothy 2:13
"If we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself."
"Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples."
1 Samuel 26:6-16
"Then answered David and said to Ahimelech the Hittite, and to Abishai the son of Zeruiah, brother to Joab, saying, Who will go down with me to Saul to the camp? And Abishai said, I will go down with thee..."
"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."
"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
"And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me."
Bible Verses About Loyalty In Relationships
Loyalty is one of the most admirable traits a man can have. We should always be willing to stand by our friends and family through thick and thin, no matter how difficult things may get at times. It requires so much patience and humility to remain faithful when we feel like giving up or abandoning people who don't deserve it.
1 Kings 9:4-5
"But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries."
This verse shows us how important it is to remain loyal even in times where we feel like seeking revenge against those who have done us wrong. It's easy for someone to turn their backs on another person when they've been betrayed by them, but this rarely ever ends well because the same thing could happen to them in the future.
King Solomon once said, "A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches". We need to remain loyal to our loved ones because of how much they're going to appreciate it, and this includes not speaking badly of them when they're gone. This means being loyal even when others are not because their opinion of you won't matter on the day you die.
"A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."
This verse talks about how much a good friend cares for someone else. They will always be there when you need them most, no matter what the problem is. Loyalty in our relationships isn't just about showing love when things are going well, it's also important to show support during times of adversity because this is when your loyalty will be tested.
"A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent."
This verse tells us that being loyal doesn't mean staying where you are and doing nothing to improve your life. People who aren't motivated enough often find themselves being betrayed by those around them without even realizing it. You shouldn't have to feel like you're stuck in a position when there are so many opportunities out there for you to pursue. If the people around you don't support your ambitions, then they probably aren't loyal to you.
1 Timothy 5:8 ESV
"Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."
This is one of those verses about loyalty in relationships that tells us our obligations to the people we love. It's a fact that life can bring so many challenges and struggles, so it's important for us to have good, loyal friends who will stand by us no matter what.
What this verse also shows is how much God cares about family and how important it is to remain loyal to them through the good and bad times.
Christian Quotes About Loyalty
- God continually tests peoples character, faith, obedience, love, integrity and loyalty. - Rick Warren
- Beware of anything that competes with your loyalty to Jesus Christ. - Oswald Chambers
- The greatest test of faith is when you don't get what you want, but still you are able to say Thank You Lord. - John Hagee
- Christians do not have to live; they have only to be faithful to Jesus Christ, not only until death but unto death if necessary. – Vance Havner
- Your goals allow your friends to confirm their loyalty. - Mike Murdock
- May your loyalty and faithfulness protect you in all your dealings. - Justice Kojo Bentil
- In a conflict of loyalty, obey Jesus at all costs. - Oswald Chambers
- Christians are persecuted for the sake of righteousness because of their loyalty to Christ. Real loyalty to Him creates friction in the hearts of those who pay Him only lip service. Loyalty arouses their consciences, and leaves them with only two alternatives: follow Christ, or silence Him. Often their only way of silencing Christ is by silencing His servants. Persecution, in subtle or less subtle forms, is the result. - Sinclair Ferguson
- There's something wrong with your character if opportunity controls your loyalty.
- The proof of loyalty is the unwillingness to betray. - Mike Murdock
- Loyalty is not a word it’s a lifestyle.
- Your absolute allegiance should not be to individuals but to the truth. - Edmond Sanganyado
- Prayer is an act of faith. Just by praying to God, you are declaring our trust in someone other than yourself. Your faith is increased as you pray and watch how God answers your prayers. God says in Jeremiah 33:3, Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know. God is awesome in power and there is never a time when He is not beside you. He is faithful and holy. - Charles Stanley
- We build loyalty not by giving out job descriptions and offices, but by giving ourselves. - Duffy Robbins
- Those who cannot increase you will inevitably decrease you. - Mike Murdock
- Superficial Christians are apt to be eccentric. Mature Christians are so near the Lord that they are not afraid of missing His guidance. They are not always trying to promote their loyalty to God by their independence from others. - A.B. Simpson
- Faithfulness to God is our first obligation in all that we are called to do in the service of the gospel. - Iain H. Murray
- When God calls you into His Kingdom, your way of life will reflect royalty; when you serve Him with loyalty. - Gift Gugu Mona
- Beware of anything that competes with your loyalty to Jesus Christ. - Oswald Chambers
What does 1 Kings say about loyalty?
1 Kings 2:13-15 And ye shall not go aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right hand, or to the left , to go after other gods to serve them. But it shall come to pass, if ye will not hearken unto me, that ye shall have wars with your enemies, and they shall catch you up, even in their arms, and ye shall flee before them. And it shall come to pass, when I have brought you up out of the land of Egypt, that I will again bring you up out of the land of Egypt into a land that is good and large:
What does the Bible say about loyalty to God?
John 15:10 says "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." This verse tells us that if we obey God's commands, we will remain in his love. Jesus kept his Father's commands perfectly, and as a result, he remained in his love. In the same way, if we keep God's commands, we will abide in his love.
What is the Bible verse about loyalty in marriage?
1 Peter 3:7 ASB - You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.
What does the Bible say about loyalty to friends?
Loyalty is a virtue that is highly prized in many cultures. The Bible is no different, and it has much to say about loyalty between friends. One of the most famous passages on loyalty is found in the book of Proverbs, where it says "a friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity" (Proverbs 17:17). This passage teaches that true friend are always there for each other, no matter what. They are willing to help in times of need and will never desert each other.
What does the Bible say about loyalty to strangers?
Leviticus 19:33-34 "When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God."
Hebrews 13:2 - "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."
What does the Bible say about loyalty in marriage?
The Bible says that a husband should be loyal to his wife, and a wife should be loyal to her husband. This means that they should stay together through good times and bad, and not cheat on each other. The Bible also says that marriage is for life, so it is important to stay committed to your spouse.
What's the difference between loyalty and honesty?
Loyalty is being true to your friends, family, and country. You are faithful to them and would do anything for them. Honesty is being truthful to others and telling them the truth even if it may hurt them. Both of these are important qualities to have as a Christian.
We hope that you have been blessed by our collection of important bible verses about loyalty and how that affects our relationship with God and others.
See also: Bible Verses About Brotherhood KJV