Bible Verse: Surround Yourself With Good Company
The Bible is the most remarkable book, full of wisdom and guidance for every aspect of our lives. One piece of advice from the word of God is that we surround ourselves with good company.
While growing up, I was urged to be mindful of the people I spend time with, as they can influence my thoughts, actions, and even my destiny.
In this article, I will share with you some Bible verse "Surround yourself with good company" and how you can apply it daily in your life.
See also: Bible Verses About Friendship with Quotes
Bible Verse Surround Yourself With Good Company
- Proverbs 22:24-25 (NASB) - "Do not associate with a man given to anger; Or go with a hot-tempered man, Or you will learn his ways And find a snare for yourself."
- Psalm 1:1-2 (NLT) - "Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night."
- 2 Corinthians 6:14 (NLT) - "Don’t team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness?"
- Psalm 26:4-5 (ESV) - "I do not sit with men of falsehood, nor do I consort with hypocrites. I hate the assembly of evildoers, and I will not sit with the wicked."
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV) - "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
- Proverbs 12:26 (ESV) - "One who is righteous is a guide to his neighbor, but the way of the wicked leads them astray."
- 1 Peter 4:8-9 (NASB) - "Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. Be hospitable to one another without complaint."
- Proverbs 19:20 (NLT) - "Get all the advice and instruction you can, so you will be wise the rest of your life."
- Romans 12:2 (ESV) - "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
- Proverbs 18:24 - "A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
Bible Verses About Good Company
- Colossians 3:16 (ESV) - "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God."
- Proverbs 27:9 (NASB) - "Oil and perfume make the heart glad, So a man’s counsel is sweet to his friend."
- Romans 12:10 (NIV) - "Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves."
- Proverbs 14:7 (NLT) - "Stay away from fools, for you won’t find knowledge on their lips."
- Galatians 6:2 (NIV) - "Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."
- Proverbs 27:6 (ESV) - "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy."
- Hebrews 10:24-25 (NLT) - "Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near."
- Proverbs 16:28 (NIV) - "A perverse person stirs up conflict, and a gossip separates close friends."
- Proverbs 11:14 (ESV) - "Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety."
- Proverbs 17:17 (ESV) - "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."
Surround Yourself With Like Minded Individuals Bible Verses
- Proverbs 13:20 (NIV) - "Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm."
- 1 Corinthians 15:33 (NIV) - "Do not be misled: 'Bad company corrupts good character.'"
- Proverbs 27:17 (NIV) - "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another."
- Psalm 133:1 (NIV) - "How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!"
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (NIV) - "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up."
- Proverbs 16:29 (ESV) - "A man of violence entices his neighbor and leads him in a way that is not good."
- Proverbs 12:15 (KJV) - "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise."
- Proverbs 24:6 (ESV) - "For by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory."
- Proverbs 15:22 (KJV) - "Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established."
- Proverbs 1:7 (KJV) - "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
Quotes About Choosing Friends Wisely
- "The only way to have a friend is to be one."
- "It is better to be alone than in bad company."
- "Surround yourself with people who lift you higher."
- "Show me your friends and I'll show you your future."
- "Choose your friends carefully. Your enemies will choose you."
- "The people you surround yourself with influence your behaviors, so choose friends who have healthy habits."
- "Your friends are a reflection of your own character."
- "The only true test of friendship is the time your friend spends on you."
- "A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you."
- "Choose your friends wisely, and also choose friends that you can trust."
In conclusion, the Bible is very clear about the importance of surrounding ourselves with good company. Doing so allows us to grow in our faith, character, and wisdom and be better equipped to navigate life's challenges.
Let us seek out relationships that will uplift and encourage us and be intentional about building strong, positive connections with those around us. Be careful who you surround yourself with!
Leave a Reply