20 Bible Verses About The Name of Jesus Christ
In this post, we will be sharing with you some powerful bible verses about the name of Jesus Christ. Many people are not aware that the name of Jesus has power and authority over all the powers of the devil.
This is why it is important to know these bible verses and say them with faith in Jesus Christ, especially when you are facing any kind of spiritual attack from the enemies.
We hope that you will be encouraged and uplifted by these motivational, inspirational, and uplifting bible verses about the power in the name of Jesus Christ!
See also: Wonderful Names Of God In The Bible
Bible Verses About The Name of Jesus Christ
- Jesus' Name Has Power Over Any Kind Of Sickness
- Jesus' Name Has Power Over Any Kind Of Evil or Darkness
- Jesus' Name Has Power Over Death
- Jesus' Name Is Above Every Other Name
- When We Call Upon The Name of Jesus, He Will Answer Us
- Salvation Comes Through the Name of Jesus Christ
- The Name Of Jesus Is A Strong Tower
- Praying In The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Great Power
- There Is No Greater Name In Heaven or on Earth Than That of Jesus Christ
- The Power Of Jesus' Name Cannot Be Denied
- The Name of Jesus Christ Sets You Free
- We Must Always Be Bold In The Name Of Jesus Christ
- Jesus Christ Is Our Mediator and Advocate
- The Name Of Jesus Cleanses Us From All Sin
- The Name Of Jesus Saves Us
- Lion of the Tribe of Judah
- The Bread Of Life
- The Light Of The World
- The Creator Of All Things
- The Victorious One
- The Good Shepherd
- How do we lift up the name of Jesus?
- Final Thoughts
- FAQs About The Name of Jesus Christ
Bible Verses About The Name of Jesus Christ
Jesus' Name Has Power Over Any Kind Of Sickness
- "And Jesus summoned to Him His twelve disciples and gave them power and authority over unclean spirits, to drive them out, and to cure all kinds of disease and all kinds of sickness." - Matthew 10:1
- "But Peter said, I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!" - Acts 3:6
Jesus' Name Has Power Over Any Kind Of Evil or Darkness
- "And the seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name!" And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I have given you the authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you." - Luke 10:17-19
Jesus' Name Has Power Over Death
- "Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?" - John 11:25-26
Jesus' Name Is Above Every Other Name
- "Therefore God also highly exalted Him and gave Him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." - Philippians 2:9-10
When We Call Upon The Name of Jesus, He Will Answer Us
- "And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it." - John 14:13-14
Salvation Comes Through the Name of Jesus Christ
- "There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." - Acts 4:12
- "Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6
The Name Of Jesus Is A Strong Tower
- "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe." - Proverbs 18:10
Praying In The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Great Power
- "And whatever you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." - Matthew 21:22
- "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I in the midst of them." - Matthew 18:19-20
- "And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight." - 1 John 3:22
There Is No Greater Name In Heaven or on Earth Than That of Jesus Christ
- "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent." - John 17:3
The Power Of Jesus' Name Cannot Be Denied
- "And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most certainly, I tell you, whatever you ask the Father in my name, he will give it to you." - John 16:23
The Name of Jesus Christ Sets You Free
- "If The Son therefore will set you free, you will truly be the children of liberty." - John 8:36
We Must Always Be Bold In The Name Of Jesus Christ
- "But you will receive power when The Holy Spirit has come on you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the uttermost parts of the earth." - Acts 1:8
- "And Stephen, full of faith (in Jesus Christ) and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people." - Acts 6:8
Jesus Christ Is Our Mediator and Advocate
- "For there is one God and one Mediator (intercessor) between God and men, The Man Christ Jesus." - 1 Timothy 2:5
- "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." - 1 John 2:1
The Name Of Jesus Cleanses Us From All Sin
- "But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." - 1 John 1:7
- "And Peter said to them, Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." - Acts 2:38
The Name Of Jesus Saves Us
- "Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." - Romans 5:1
- "For the wages of sin is death; but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23
- "For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures." - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
Lion of the Tribe of Judah
- "Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals." - Revelation 5:5
The Name Of Jesus Is A Shield For Us
- "Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation." - Isaiah 12:2
- "He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is your shield and rampart." - Psalm 91:4
- "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." - Ephesians 6:17
The Name Of Jesus Makes A Way For Us
- "Behold, I make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." - Isaiah 43:19
- "Jesus said to him, "'If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.'" - Mark 9:23
The Bread Of Life
- "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me shall never be hungry, and whoever believes in me shall never be thirsty." - John 6:35
The Light Of The World
- "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." - John 8:12
The Creator Of All Things
- "For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him." - Colossians 1:16
The Victorious One
- "To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne." - Revelation 3:21
The Good Shepherd
- "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." - John 10:11
How do we lift up the name of Jesus?
There are many ways to lift up the name of Jesus, and each person may have a different approach depending on their level of relationship with Jesus.
- Some may choose to pray regularly throughout the day, calling upon the name of Jesus for guidance, protection, and strength.
- Others may read the scriptures or attend church services where they can connect with other believers and seek support and community.
- Others may choose to share their faith with other people, spreading the message of hope, love, and redemption that is found in Jesus Christ.
Ultimately, how you choose to lift up the name of Jesus is a very personal choice that depends on your own relationship with God and your level of commitment in your spiritual journey.
John 12:32 says, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."
When we lift up the name of Jesus, we are drawing others closer to Him. As we grow in our own relationship with God and come to know Him more intimately, we become more effective in sharing His love with others.
It is our hope that by lifting up the name of Jesus, we can draw others closer to His light and bring them peace, joy, and hope in their lives.
So let us continue to lift up His name with gratitude, faith, and love, knowing that He is always with us and will always be there for us when we need Him most.
As you can see, there is a lot of power and authority in the name of Jesus Christ. Whether you are facing a spiritual attack from the enemy, dealing with sickness and disease, or simply in need of guidance, comfort, and support, calling upon the name of Jesus can bring healing and peace to your life.
Remember to always call on the name of Jesus every day of your life. Don't wait until trials comes your way, rather make it an habit to seek Him daily in prayer and in worship.
FAQs About The Name of Jesus Christ
What does the Bible call Jesus?
The Bible refers to Jesus by many names and titles, each reflecting different aspects of His identity and mission. He is called "Jesus Christ," with "Jesus" meaning "the Lord saves" and "Christ" signifying "anointed one." He is referred to as the "Son of God," highlighting His unique relationship with God the Father, and the "Son of Man," a title Jesus often used for Himself. Other titles include "Lord," acknowledging His authority and divinity, "Lamb of God," signifying His sacrificial role, "The Word," indicating His role in revealing God, "Savior," emphasizing His role in salvation, and "Emmanuel," meaning "God with us."
How did Jesus get the name Jesus?
According to the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament of the Bible, an angel appeared to Joseph in a dream and told him, "She [Mary] will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21). So, the name "Jesus" was given by divine instruction from God.