20 Bible Verses On How To Be Saved
In this post, we will be looking at some bible verses on how to be saved, how to be saved according to the bible, or what must I do to be saved. The bible makes it very clear that for anyone to be saved, we must be born again by repenting of our sins, accepting Jesus Christ as our personal savior and Lord and importantly, live a godly life.
Bible Verses On How To Be Saved
1. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. - Romans 10:13
2. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. - Ephesians 2:8-10
3. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16
4. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. - John 3:5
5. And Peter said to them, Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself. - Acts 2:38-39
6. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. - John 1:12
7. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; - Romans 3:23
8. And they said, Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household. - Acts 16:31
9. Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring you to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; in which he also went and preached to the spirits in prison, who before were disobedient, when God waited patiently in the days of Noah, while the ship was being built. In it, few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.
This is a symbol of baptism, which now saves you-not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, angels and authorities and powers being made subject to him. - 1 Peter 3:18-22
10. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. - Romans 6:23
11. What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled, without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, You have faith and I have works. Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. - James 2:14-26
12. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - John 11:25
13. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. - Acts 4:12
14. And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name. - Acts 22:16
15. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. - Mark 16:16
16. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. - 1 John 5:13
17. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. - 1 John 1:9
18. Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. - Hebrews 7:25
19. So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls. - Acts 2:41
20. Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. - John 5:24
What must I do to be saved?
- First you must accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior
- You must repent of you sins by asking God for forgiveness
- You must be baptized by water and the Holy Spirit
- You must live a godly life
- You must love one another with an agape love
- Seek God's kingdom first
- Put God first in every situation in your life
- Study the bible on a daily basis
- Forgive those you may have hurt you
- Find time everyday to go to God in prayer
- Believe in the name of the Son of God
Is Jesus the only way to heaven?
The word of God is very clear about what we need to do to enter into the kingdom of God. In John 14:6, Thomas was asking Jesus how can we know the way to where He was going. Jesus told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
The phrase "no one" clearly indicates that no human or living being on earth irrespective of your religious background, ethnic group or believes can enter into the presence of God except through His son Jesus Christ.
Most Christians when they want to pray don't realize that they start their prayer with these phrase "In Jesus name". This tells you how important the name of Jesus is when praying to the father. Because Jesus died for us on the cross and now seated on the right hand of the father, He his now our mediator. You can find this in 1 Timothy 2:5 - For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
How to be saved according to the bible
Romans 10:9-10 "Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved."
What does Matthew 7:21 mean?
Matthew 7:21 - Jesus said, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
Jesus clearly mentions here that not everyone who claims to be a Christian or a child of God will be saved. But He shows us a way to be saved and its simply doing the will of God. A better way to put this is for everyone believe to obey God's commandments and abstain from ungodly activities.
What does it mean to be born again?
To be born again means to be cleansed of your sins by water and filled with the Holy Spirit. This is clearly answered in John 3:5-7 when Nicodemus asked Jesus what it means to be board again. This was Jesus reply: Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.
We hope that you have been blessed by these collection of bible verses on how to be saved, how to be saved according to the bible as well as what must I do to be saved. Don’t forget to also checkout our blog section for more frequently asked bible questions and quizzes.
Leave a Reply