Bible Quiz Questions on Forgiveness of Sins with Answers
How much do you know about forgiveness of sin and how we are to live a sinless life? Take our bible quiz questions on forgiveness of sins to find out.
First lets understand what sin is and its implications, and then look into some forgiveness verses in bible and the power of forgiveness in the bible.
Don't forget to also check our post on God Will Listen to Your Cry Bible Verses.
- What is sin?
Bible Quiz Questions on Forgiveness of Sins with Answers
- 1. When Peter came up to Jesus, he said "Lord, how many times shall my brother sin against me and I still forgive him?" What did Peter suggest?
- 2. How many times did Jesus say we should forgive someone in response to Peter's questions?
- 3. When we pray to God to forgive us of our debts, we are to first do what?
- 4. When we forgive others of their sins, our heavenly Father will do what?
- 5. In the parable of the unforgiving debtor, how much did the debtor owe the king?
- 6. Who asked David for forgiveness in other to spare the life of her foolish husband?
- 7. Which sin according to the Bible is an unforgivable sin?
- 8. The Bible says that, "Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are __"
- 9. Complete this statement from Jesus, "To whom little is forgiven, __"
- 10. When the people wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery, what did Jesus say to them?
- Biblical Benefits Of Forgiveness of Sin
- How to confess your sins to God?
- How do you ask God for forgiveness of sin?
- Bible Verses About Forgiveness of Sins
- Prayer For Forgiveness Of Sin
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is sin?
Sin can be defined in many ways depending on the context. The bible makes us to know that all persons (including you and I) have sinned and fall short of the glory of God - Romans 3:23.
We all sin when whenever we do something or fail to do something contrary to God's commandment or which is not in keeping with His plan for our life:
- Sin is anything you do that does not meet God's expectation for you. This could be something you do that is wrong and contrary to what is written in God's Word.
- Sin is also doing something that harms someone else intentionally, when you know in advance that the harmful action is likely to cause pain or injury.
- When you rebel against God's word, authority and not reverence God's presence, that is also sin.
- Having a hardened heart, and deciding to to do evil, rather than doing good is also sinful in nature.
- Most importantly, sin is something that separates you from God.
Sin Separates Us From God
An unforgiving heart separates one from God. In this life, this separation keeps you from enjoying fellowship with God and receiving His blessings for your life. Living a life of separation from God exposes you to God's judgment and eternal punishment in Hell.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23
The Bible teaches us that everyone will die someday and that is the first death, or death of the body. There is also a second death for those who refuses to believe in and accept Jesus as their personal savior and Lord.
The second death is death of the spirit [soul] by eternal condemnation from the presence of God into the Lake of Fire [Hell].
Revelation 20:14 - "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."
However, the person who believes in and accepts Jesus as his or her Savior will never experience such, but will have an eternal life of reward and complete happiness in God's kingdom.
Bible Quiz Questions on Forgiveness of Sins with Answers
1. When Peter came up to Jesus, he said "Lord, how many times shall my brother sin against me and I still forgive him?" What did Peter suggest?
Answer: Up to seven times?
2. How many times did Jesus say we should forgive someone in response to Peter's questions?
Answer: Up to seventy times seven
3. When we pray to God to forgive us of our debts, we are to first do what?
Answer: We are to forgive our debtors
4. When we forgive others of their sins, our heavenly Father will do what?
Answer: Will also forgive us of our sins
5. In the parable of the unforgiving debtor, how much did the debtor owe the king?
Answer: 10,000 talents
6. Who asked David for forgiveness in other to spare the life of her foolish husband?
7. Which sin according to the Bible is an unforgivable sin?
Answer: Sin against the Holy Spirit
8. The Bible says that, "Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are __"
9. Complete this statement from Jesus, "To whom little is forgiven, __"
Answer: the same loveth little
10. When the people wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery, what did Jesus say to them?
Answer: Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
Biblical Benefits Of Forgiveness of Sin
We all have at some point in our life made a mistake. What's important is to learn from the mistakes and move on.
Forgiveness can help us to not only heal ourselves but also heal the person we are forgiving.
Forgiveness is not about forgetting or excusing, it's about letting go of ones anger, resentment, and fear that are often the cause of many problems in society today.
The bible has a lot to say about forgiveness but here are some of the most common benefits:
- There is an increase in happiness because people feel much better after they had forgiven someone
- You will be able to sleep a lot better, eat better, and have more energy to do other important stuffs in life
- Forgiveness takes away the thought of depression which is introduced by the devil
- Forgiveness helps us avoid sinning against God
How to confess your sins to God?
To confess before God, we need to go to God in prayer. Jesus taught us to go quietly and be alone, when we pray. We are to talk to our Heavenly father, same way a child would talk to his or her earthly father.
- Jesus tells us that God loves us so much and He His willing to forgive us of all our sins when we approach Him with a sincere heart in prayer.
- When you pray, there are no special words or praying template you must follow. In-fact, Jesus warns us not to keep repeating memorized prayers, which He said are more like pagan chanting than actual prayer.
- Some believers observe certain rituals with prayer, but this should not hinder you from praying now or at any time in the future.
- You do not need beads (a rosary) or candles; you do not need to pray through any person, dead or alive. Such practices are not mentioned in the word of God.
- The Bible teaches that each person is his or her own priest, and his or her body is the temple in which the Spirit of God lives.
- You are your own priest before the High Priest in Heaven, Jesus Christ, and you can offer your own prayers to God at any time and wherever you happen to be.
How do you ask God for forgiveness of sin?
- Forgive others who have sinned against you.
- Confess to God in specific detail what your sin is. Confess means that you admit you have sinned (have done wrong in God's sight), and that you acknowledge responsibility for your sin.
- Be contrite (feeling remorse) that you have disobeyed God and have sinned against Him.
- Repent (turn away) from sin. Repent means to turn away from sin and turn towards God.
- After you have forgiven others, ask them for their forgiveness, then confess your sin to God.
Bible Verses About Forgiveness of Sins
The scriptures are derived from the King James Version KJV of the Bible.
Ephesians 4:32 - "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."
Jeremiah 33:8 - "And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me."
Mark 11:26 - "But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."
Matthew 9:6 - "But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house."
Psalms 130:4 - "But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared."
Hebrews 8:12 - "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more."
Matthew 6:14-15 - "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."
Hebrews 10:2 - "For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins."
Matthew 26:28 - "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."
Jeremiah 2:22 - "For though thou wash thee with nitre, and take thee much soap, yet thine iniquity is marked before me, saith the Lord GOD."
Psalms 25:11 - "For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."
Psalms 79:9 - "Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake."
Psalms 32:5 - "I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah."
1 John 2:12 - "I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake."
1 John 5:16 - "If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it."
Psalms 65:3 - "Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away."
James 5:20 - "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins."
Psalms 25:7 - "Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD."
John 8:11 - "She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."
Matthew 18:35 - "So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses."
Acts 10:36 - "The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)"
Acts 2:38 - "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
Psalms 99:8 - "Thou answeredst them, O LORD our God: thou wast a God that forgavest them, though thou tookest vengeance of their inventions."
John 20:23 - "Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained."
Prayer For Forgiveness Of Sin
Dear Lord, I come before you now with a repentant heart. I ask that you forgive me of my iniquity and sin. Lord, I pray that every form of sin be taken away from my heart.
Send your Holy fire into my body, into my spirit, into my soul, into my heart, destroy all what the devil had imputed in me.
Every form of sexual temptation that had consumed my heart, I am guilty because I allowed it into my heart. I plead for your forgiveness.
Help me Lord, to build strength to fend off the devil's deceptive plans that leads me to sin. This I ask in Jesus' name, Amen.
God's desire is for His children to have two inheritances: joy and peace in this life and complete joy and freedom in the eternal life to come. For you to part-take in the eternal life, you must first confess your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
We hope you have been truly blessed by this bible verses about forgiveness of sins, forgiveness verses in bible, bible verses about forgiving others who hurt you and how we can live a sinless life.
God bless and stay safe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does God forgive our sins?
Yes, God promises to forgive us of our sins. This promise is one of the most reassuring promises in the bible.
Does God forget our sins?
Yes, the God we serve promises to forget our sin, once He forgives you. This promise forms part of the New Covenant between God and His people.
No matter what your sin is, when God forgives you of your sin, He will remember such sin no more or even hold it against you in judgment.
Where in the Bible does it say all sins are forgiven?
All sins are forgiven is recorded in Matthew 12:31 which says, "And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven".
Which sin is unforgivable sin?
The unforgivable sin is when a person openly blaspheme against God, then such a person is no different from the antichrist. This can be found in the book of Mark 3:28-29:
"Jesus said, I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."
How can I be forgiven?
Jesus taught us about how we can be forgiven in the Lord's prayer. "Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us."
So for us to be forgiving our sins, we must first forgive others who may have hurt us in one way or another.
- The power of forgiveness
- Is using marijuana a sin?
- How to forgive yourself
- How to resist the devil
- How to love yourself
- How to find peace and strength