30 Uplifting Bible Verses about Loving Yourself
In this post, we will be looking at some bible verses about loving yourself and why its important that we appreciate who we are in Christ.
The essence of love is to take care of one another. The bible says that in the beginning, God created man in His own image and likeness, and saw that you were perfect in His eyes. It means you are created in the mirror of your maker. This implies that in yourself, is a fragment of God's character.
You are valuable, you are important and most importantly, you are loved by God who desires all that is good for you which includes self-love.
God loves you the way He made so no need to transform yourself because you want to please others.
Which is the greatest commandment in the Law?
In Matthew 22:36-37, Jesus was tested by the Pharisees with this question - "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Then He went further with the second commandment - "Love your neighbor as yourself."
For you to love your neighbor, it must come from a heart filled with the love of God because God is love. That is why He came down to lay His life for you and I.
Bible Verses about Loving Yourself
1. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before that we would walk in them. - Ephesians 2:10
2. And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. - 1 Peter 4:8
3. For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful. My soul knows that very well. - Psalm 139:13-14
4. Don't you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. Therefore, glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's. - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
5. You must realize, however, that in the last days difficult times will come. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy. - 2 Timothy 3:1-2
6. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. - John 15:9
7. You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you. - Song of Solomon 4:7
8. But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, - Luke 6:27
9. A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. - John 13:34-35
10. Let your beauty be not just the outward adorning of braiding the hair, and of wearing jewels of gold, or of putting on fine clothing; but in the hidden person of the heart, in the incorruptible adornment of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. - 1 Peter 3:3-4
11. Do nothing out of rivalry or conceit, but in humility consider others as more important than yourselves. - Philippians 2:3
12. How precious is your gracious love, God! The children of men take refuge in the shadow of your wings. - Psalm 36:7
13. God created man in his own image. In God's image he created him; male and female he created them. - Genesis 1:27
14. Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows. - Luke 12:6-7
15. You are not to seek vengeance or hold a grudge against the descendants of your people. Instead, love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD. - Leviticus 19:18
16. Haughty eyes and a proud heart, the lamp of the wicked, are sin. - Proverbs 21:4
17. Haughtiness goes before destruction; humility precedes honor. - Proverbs 18:12
18. Nevertheless, you are doing the right thing if you obey the royal Law in keeping with the Scripture, You must love your neighbor as yourself. - James 2:8
19. For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. - Galatians 6:3
20. Let no man despise your youth; but be an example to those who believe, in word, in your way of life, in love, in spirit, in faith, and in purity. - 1 Timothy 4:12
Inspirational Bible Verses about Loving Yourself
21. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
22. The LORD detests the proud; they will surely be punished. - Proverbs 16:5
23. For no man ever hated his own flesh; but nourishes and cherishes it, even as the Lord also does the assembly; because we are members of his body, of his flesh and bones. - Ephesians 5:29-30
24. We love because God first loved us. - 1 John 4:19
25. Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another. - Galatians 5:26
26. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. - Romans 12:10
27. To acquire wisdom is to love oneself; people who cherish understanding will prosper. - Proverbs 19:8
28. I will give thanks to you because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this. - Psalm 139:14
29. The second is equally important: Love your neighbor as yourself. No other commandment is greater than these. - Mark 12:31
30. Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet, and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. - Romans 13:8-10
31. Praise should come from another person and not from your own mouth, from a stranger and not from your own lips. - Proverbs 27:2
32. Treat them like native-born Israelites, and love them as you love yourself. Remember that you were once foreigners living in the land of Egypt. I am the LORD your God. - Leviticus 19:34
33. Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. - Deuteronomy 31:6
34. The Lord said to Samuel, Don't look on his face, or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for I don't see as man sees. For man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. - 1 Samuel 16:7
35. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. - Romans 8:26
36. Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. - 1 John 3:1
37. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
20 Importance Of Loving Ourselves
1. Loving yourself is loving God first and foremost, because if you can't love yourself then you can't love anyone else either.
2. We deserve to be happy and not feel like we are "not good enough."
3. Once we learn how to love ourselves, then we can take that unconditional love and spread it to others.
4. Self-love is important because if we don't love ourselves then how will we love others?
5. When we learn to value ourselves and take care of ourselves, it helps us to feel better about our lives and have healthier self-esteem. It makes it easier for us to share our love with others when we know that we are worthy of love.
6. You should love yourself because if you don't then who will? Learn to focus on the positive aspects of yourself instead of the negative things people have said to you in the past.
7. There is only one you and that makes you very special!
8. You can bring God's glory into your life by taking care of yourself and showing Him how much you love him by loving yourself more.
9. We should love ourselves because God loves us.
10. The most important relationship we will ever have is the relationship we have with ourselves, so it's really important to learn to love yourself.
11. You can't expect someone to love you if you don't love yourself first, so make sure that you love who you are.
12. We need to learn how to love ourselves before we can learn how to properly love others.
13. It's important that we not only say that God loves us, but that we believe that he loves us.
14. It's important to love yourself because you are worth it! We are all children of God and should treat ourselves the way he would want us to.
15. When you take care of yourself, you make better choices in your life which makes you happier overall. You can't pour from an empty cup.
16. If you don't love yourself, you'll make poor choices in life because you don't feel that what you do matters. It's important to learn how to love yourself so that your life counts for something bigger than just existing.
17. Loving yourself is one of the best ways to love God because you are acknowledging that he gave you life and that you acknowledge the person he created.
18. When we don't love ourselves, we think too highly of others when they don't deserve it. We should not put others on a pedestal when they do not deserve it. We should learn to love ourselves before we can properly love others.
19. When we learn to love ourselves, we can better acknowledge our own feelings and needs and not rely on others to do that for us.
20. When you don't love yourself, you put your happiness in the hands of other people and let them control you rather than having faith in God and letting Him be the one to make you happy.
Can I Apply Biblical Teachings To My Self-care Today?
Yes! The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (KJV), Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, then God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which you are.
So today, I encourage you to take better care of your God-given body for it does not belong to you! You were bought with a price; therefore honor God in your body. Don't abuse your body or let your "temple" get ruined. God gave you this body and it is so important to take care of yourself.
We hope you have been blessed by this topic on bible verses about loving yourself.
Leave a Reply