In this post, we will be looking at some powerful bible verses on be strong and courageous quotes, bible quotes about faith and courage and bible quotes about courage.
If you are going to activate the grace, you need to be strong in front of obstacles and have the courage not to fear. God encouraged Joshua to be strong and be courageous when he was given the mantle to take the Isrealites across the river Jordan into the promised land. He was also given the task to divide the land and apportion it to the tribes of Israel according to God’s command.
What Bible verse is be strong and courageous?
Be strong and courageous because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them. – Joshua 1:6
How to be Strong and Courageous
You can’t let people discourage you with words from their mouths because they can’t see your vision. God didn’t call them to your place; He called you to the place that He prepared for you before you were born.
You are to meditate on God’s words day and night until the will of God for you is revealed and manifested.
Your Place Of Rest
God intends for you to enjoy your place of rest. One of the reasons why some people are having no fun is because they are in the wrong place or the wrong job. It is not their place of rest because they let money determine the choices they make.
Remember the book of Matthew 6:24 says No-one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and Money. When you decide to serve money, money makes the decisions for you, not God. The same applies to people who choose careers and go places because they will make more money.
You need to find out where God wants you to be. He may be telling you to stay at your current job with less income. If so, that will be your place of rest. Serving money means that you are trying to provide for your own needs without God. The Kingdom of God is following what God says and watching His Kingdom provide for you. That place is a place of joy.
When Israel meditated on the obstacles, it led to a bad confession, depression, and fear. It led to murmuring and blaming others and resulted in their retreat and hardening of their hearts.
They began to fail the test and wound up having the wilderness experience all of their lives. Isn’t it about time you come out of the wilderness?
What it means to be strong and courageous?
To be strong means to have faith in the God the father who is able to protect you from evil or whatever the devil or enemies throws at you. And to be courageous means to have hope in God believing that you already have victory over all your enemies because God is with you.
Prayer to follow God
Dear Lord, I am ready to follow you with my whole heart. I magnify your name for giving me your Word which gives me direction and guidance for following you. I choose your will and your ways, trusting that obedience leads to rest, fulfillment, and peace. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Be Strong and Courageous Bible Quotes
1. Be determined and confident, for you will be the leader of these people as they occupy this land which I promised their ancestors. – Joshua 1:6
2. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. – Joshua 1:9
3. Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. – 1 Corinthians 16:13
4. David also said to Solomon his son, Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished. – 1 Chronicles 28:20
5. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. – Psalm 31:24
6. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. – Isaiah 41:10
8. And whether the land is rich or poor, and whether there are trees in it or not, be of good courage and bring some of the fruit of the land. Now the time was the season of the first ripe grapes. – Numbers 13:20
9. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. – 1 John 4:18
10. For you, O Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, have made this revelation to your servant, saying, “I will build you a house.” Therefore your servant has found courage to pray this prayer to you. – 2 Samuel 7:27
11. Be of good courage, and let us be courageous for our people, and for the cities of our God, and may the Lord do what seems good to him. – 2 Samuel 10:12
12. But you, take courage! Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded. – 2 Chronicles 15:7
13. Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! – Psalm 27:14
14. And who extended to me his steadfast love before the king and his counselors, and before all the king’s mighty officers. I took courage, for the hand of the Lord my God was on me, and I gathered leading men from Israel to go up with me. – Ezra 7:28
15. Can your courage endure, or can your hands be strong, in the days that I shall deal with you? I the Lord have spoken, and I will do it. – Ezekiel 22:14
16. And he said, O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage. And as he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me. – Daniel 10:19
Bible Quotes about Faith and Courage
17. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. – 2 Corinthians 5:8
18. It is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. – Philippians 1:20
19. But Jesus immediately said to them: Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid. – Matthew 14:27
20. Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation. – Isaiah 12:2
21. The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. – Deuteronomy 31:8
22. For you, my God, have revealed to your servant that you will build a house for him. Therefore your servant has found courage to pray before you. – 1 Chronicles 17:25
23. They mounted up to heaven; they went down to the depths; their courage melted away in their evil plight. – Psalm 107:26
24. Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. – Ephesians 6:10
25. The following night the Lord stood by him and said, Take courage, for as you have testified to the facts about me in Jerusalem, so you must testify also in Rome. – Acts 23:11
You can be a part of our desire to spread the word of God to the ends of the nation by clicking the buttons below and sharing these encouraging Bible verses with the friends and family in your social networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest). Don’t forget to also checkout our blog section for more frequently asked bible questions and quizzes.