In this post, we will be sharing with you some amazing bible verses about new beginnings, and what it means when God gives you a new beginning.
Also be looking at more bible verses about starting a new journey as well as inspiring new beginnings quotes from famous minds. These collection of new beginnings in the bible will help you in your journey with God.
We have all had moments in life that feel like a new beginning. Sometimes these moments happen by chance, and sometimes they come as a result of hard work and perseverance and God’s grace and mercy. It is during these times that we need to be reminded of the truth found in bible verses.
What the Bible says about a fresh start?
The Bible makes a lot of references to a fresh start. It is not about starting from scratch, but rather going back to the place where you first started and using that as a base for the next phase of your life.
A new beginning is about reflecting on your past experience, make corrections where needed and work towards a better future. Remember that your past does not have to be your future.
Revelation 21:5 – “And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.”
What are examples of new beginnings?
- Noah and the Ark – Noah and the ark is a well known story in the Bible. After man fell, God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth. As a result, God destroyed everything He had created but spared Noah and his family alongside some creatures of the land and air – Genesis 5:32-10:1.
- Israel exile in Babylon – Israel exile in Babylon due to their disobedience which led to the destruction of the temple. After 70 years in exile, through Prophet Jeremiah, God restored the Israelite back to the promised land – Jeremiah 29.
- Ruth and Naomi – The story of Ruth and Naomi is a very good example. In this story we see Ruth’s loyalty and love to Naomi despite losing her husband. Because of her loyalty, God rewarded her with a new husband whose name is Boaz (A wealthy man) – Ruth 2.
- The story of Jacob – Jacob wrestled with God and won and his name was changed from Jacob to Israel. This is how Israel we know today came to be.
- The story of Job – God allows Job to be tested by the devil and he lost everything he had which included his family, his wealth and health. Throughout Jobs ordeal, he never denied God and in the end, God restored all he had lost double-fold. Now the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning – Job 42:12.
Bible Verses About New Beginnings
1. “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.” – Isaiah 43:18
2. “God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.” – Psalm 46:5
3. “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” – Colossians 3:17
4. “I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.” – Psalm 40:8
5. “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” – Numbers 6:24-26
6. “They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” – Lamentations 3:23-24
7. “But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.” – 2 Peter 3:8
8. “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.” – Matthew 7:7-8
New Beginnings Scriptures
9. “There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.” – Proverbs 23:18
10. “However, as it is written: What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived; the things God has prepared for those who love him.” – 1 Corinthians 2:9
11. “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” – Matthew 6:33
12. “Be very careful, then, how you live; not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.” – Ephesians 5:15-16
13. “They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” – Jeremiah 17:8
14. “Where there is no revelation, people cast off restraint; but blessed is the one who heeds wisdom’s instruction.” – Proverbs 29:18
15. “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you.” – 1 Peter 1:3-4
16. “Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized.” – Acts 9:18
17. “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
Bible Verses On Fresh Start
18. “You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.” – Ephesians 4:22-24
19. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here.” – 2 Corinthians 5:17
20. “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.” – Proverbs 16:3
21. “I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.” – Ezekial 11:19
22. “Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.” – Psalm 96:1-3
23. “I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.” – Isaiah 42:16
24. “For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.” – Hebrews 10:14
25. “He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.” – John 15:2
26. “Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God. How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out. Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor? Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them? For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.” – Romans 11:33-36
Bible Verses About Starting A New Journey
27. “I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten; the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm; my great army that I sent among you.” – Joel 2:25
28. “He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.” – Psalm 40:3
29. “Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 3:13-14
30. “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.” – Hebrews 12:1
31. “Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.” – 2 Corinthians 4:16
32. “Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.” – 1 John 3:2
33. “And though your beginning was small, your latter days will be very great.” – Job 8:7
Prayers For New Beginnings with Bible Verses
Use these Bible verses as a prophetic message to praying for a new beginning in your Spiritual life, and as a way to draw you closer to the father.
“And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.”
“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
1 Peter 5:10
“But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.”
“Though thy beginning was small, yet thy latter end should greatly increase.”
“This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you.”
Uplifting New Beginning Christian Quotes
1. Stop saying “I can’t” and start saying “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Stop saying “if” and start saying “I will by God’s grace.” Stop saying “if it’s possible” and start saying “nothing is impossible to those who believe.” – John Hagee
2. As this New Year begins, ask God to help you tune your life every day to His Word, so you can bring harmony and joy to those around you. – Billy Graham
3. It’s never too late for a new beginning in your life – Joyce Meyer
4. When you begin to realize that your past does not necessarily dictate the outcome of your future, then you can release the hurt. It is impossible to inhale new air until you exhale the old. – T.D. Jakes
5. Every new generation is a new crop that needs to be harvested for God. – Reinhard Bonnke
6. In one bold stroke, forgiveness obliterates the past and permits us to enter the land of new beginnings. – Billy Graham
7. Don’t ever be impressed with goal setting; be impressed with goal getting. Reaching new goals and moving to a higher level of performance always requires change, and change feels awkward. – John C. Maxwell
8. I don’t care how old you are, what you’ve been through or how many battles you feel like you’ve lost: it’s never too late to win the war. – Bishop T.D. Jakes
9. God specializes in giving people a fresh start. – Rick Warren
10. A sunrise is God’s way of saying, let’s start again. – Todd Stocker
New Beginnings Quotes That Would Inspire You
1. By reading the scriptures I am so renewed that all nature seems renewed around me and with me. The sky seems to be a pure, a cooler blue, the trees a deeper green. The whole world is charged with the glory of God and I feel fire and music under my feet. – Thomas Merton
2. The same Jesus Who turned water into wine can transform your home, your life, your family, and your future. He is still in the miracle-working business, and His business is the business of transformation. – Adrian Rogers
3. God became man to turn creatures into sons: not simply to produce better men of the old kind but to produce a new kind of man. – C.S. Lewis
4. The God who made us also can remake us. – Woodrow Kroll
5. The only way to get rid of your past is to make a future out of it. God will waste nothing. – Phillips Brooks
6. Nothing paralyzes our lives like the attitude that things can never change. We need to remind ourselves that God can change things. Outlook determines outcome. If we see only the problems, we will be defeated; but if we see the possibilities in the problems, we can have victory. – Warren Wiersbe
7. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end. – Seneca
8. Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. – Carl Bard
9. Be willing to be a beginner every single morning. – Meister Eckhart
10. If God closes a door and a window, consider the fact that it might be time to build a whole new house. – Mandy Hale
New Beginnings Quotes That Would Encourage You
1. Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing. – Mandy Hale
2. I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things not meant for me. – A.G.
3. The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have. – Anna Quindlen
4. And suddenly you just know it’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings. – Meister Eckhart
5. What you’re supposed to do when you don’t like a thing is change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. Don’t complain. – Maya Angelou
6. You can learn new things at any time in your life if you’re willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you. – Barbara Sher
7. It always seems impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandela
8. The beginning is the most important part of the work. – Plato
9. The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are. – J.P. Morgan
How important is it to have a new beginnings?
Having a new beginning is an opportunity for one to start afresh, and it brings new opportunities into ones life.
Starting afresh empowers you to accomplish what you could not accomplish in past.
It’s also a great way to learn from past mistakes and approach the future more confident and with much greater determination to succeed.
This may just be an opportunity for some exciting new thing to come your way or life changing experience.
What does the Bible say about becoming a new creation?
“And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh” – Ezekiel 11:19.
Also 2 Corinthians 5:17 says “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!”
What does the Bible say about beginning again?
The Bible says that “if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
This means that when we repent and accept Jesus, we are given a new life in Christ. We are no longer bound by our past sins and mistakes.
Instead, we can start fresh, knowing that God loves us and has forgiven us. We can begin again with a new purpose and a new hope.
Psalm 103:12 says, “As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.“
This means that God wipes away our sins completely and forgets them entirely. When we ask for forgiveness, he hears us and forgives us completely. We can start again with a clean slate.
What does God say about my future?
Jeremiah 29:11, says: “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.“
The Bible says that God has a plan for your future and that He will never leave you nor forsake you. You can trust in Him to guide you through whatever comes your way.
His love is unchanging and steadfast, so you can count on Him to be there for you no matter what.
God’s love for us can never be fully satisfied unless we turn from our sins and hearts toward him.
We hope you have been blessed by our collection of amazing bible verses about new beginnings, new beginnings scripture, bible verses about starting a new journey.
Remain Blessed and Stay Safe!
- Bible Verses About Judgement
- Bible Verses About Anger
- Bible Verses About Spreading The Gospel
- Bible Verses About Do Not Be Afraid
- Bible Verses About Finances
- Morning Bible verses to start the day kjv