20 Bible Quiz About Anxiety and Depression
The Bible is full of verses that can provide comfort, calmness and hope for those who are struggling with anxiety and depression.
This Bible Quiz About Anxiety and Depression will test your knowledge of some of the most popular and well-known verses about anxiety and depression.
Bible Quiz About Anxiety and Depression Questions
- 1. According to Proverbs 1:7, "the fear of the Lord is __"
- 2. The Bible says in 1 Peter 5:7, "that we should cast all our anxiety on him because __"
- 3. The book of Proverbs reminds us that "though anxiety may weigh us down but a kind word would __"
- 4. In Romans, which of the following will NOT be able to separate you from the love of God?
- 5. God commands us to be strong and to be of good __?
- 6. The Bible teaches us to trust in the Lord with all our __?
- 7. God promises that he will not let your foot __?
- 8. In Matthew, we are warned not to be afraid of those who can kill the body but not the soul but rather be afraid of the one who can destroy both body and __?
- 9. The Lord promises that he will give what to those come to him with weary and burdened heart?
- 10. Complete this verse: "When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is __"
- Bible Quiz About Anxiety and Depression Answers
- Bible Quiz About Anxiety and Depression PDF
- 12 Anxiety Calming Scriptures
Frequently Asked Questions About Anxiety and Depression
- What Is Anxiety?
- How Can I Reduce Stress?
- What Does The Bible Say About Anxiety?
- How to overcome Anxiety and Fear
- 3. Practice deep breathing exercises
- 8. Listen to calm Gospel music
- What is the best Bible verse for anxiety?
- What Jesus says about anxiety worry?
- What is the best Depression Bible Verse?
Bible Quiz About Anxiety and Depression Questions
1. According to Proverbs 1:7, "the fear of the Lord is __"
a: the path to great riches
b: the beginning of knowledge
c: the gateway to glory
d: the only way to live a successful life
2. The Bible says in 1 Peter 5:7, "that we should cast all our anxiety on him because __"
a: he commands so
b: there is no one else to turn to
c: he makes us richer
d: he cares for us
3. The book of Proverbs reminds us that "though anxiety may weigh us down but a kind word would __"
a: make us cleansed
b: cheer us up
c: restore our soul
d: make us feel good
4. In Romans, which of the following will NOT be able to separate you from the love of God?
5. God commands us to be strong and to be of good __?
6. The Bible teaches us to trust in the Lord with all our __?
7. God promises that he will not let your foot __?
8. In Matthew, we are warned not to be afraid of those who can kill the body but not the soul but rather be afraid of the one who can destroy both body and __?
d: peace of mind
9. The Lord promises that he will give what to those come to him with weary and burdened heart?
10. Complete this verse: "When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is __"
a: built by angels
b: stronger than the mountains
c: in the promised land
d: higher than I
Bible Quiz About Anxiety and Depression Answers
1. the beginning of knowledge
2. he cares for us
3. cheer us up
10. higher than I
Bible Quiz About Anxiety and Depression PDF
12 Anxiety Calming Scriptures
The bible is full of comforting verses that can help ease our anxiety and worries. Here are 7 of the most popular anxiety calming scriptures:
1. 1 Peter 3:14 - "But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don't worry or be afraid of their threats."
2. Isaiah 41:10 KJV - "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
3. Psalm 56:3-4 - "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"
4. Matthew 6:25-26 - "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"
5. Psalm 121:1-2 - "I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth."
6. John 16:33 - "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
7. Psalm 34:4 - "I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears."
8. Psalm 23:4 - "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."
9. Deuteronomy 31:6 - "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
10. 2 Thessalonians 3:16 - "Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all."
11. Psalm 27:1 - "The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?"
12. Matthew 6:31 ESV - "Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’"
If you are feeling anxious or stressed, remember that you can always turn to the bible for comfort and guidance. These bible verses about anxiety will help to ease your worries and give you peace of mind.
Frequently Asked Questions About Anxiety and Depression
What Is Anxiety?
Anxiety is a normal emotion that we all experience at one point or another. It is a feeling of unease, worry, or fear. Everyone deals with anxiety in different ways. Some people may feel anxious about an upcoming event, such as a job interview, while others may deal with anxiety on a daily basis.
How Can I Reduce Stress?
There are many ways to overcome stress. Listening to music or spending time with friends and family helps to reduce stress levels. There are many different things that work for different people, so it is important to experiment until you find what works best for you.
If you are feeling particularly stressed, one of the best things you can do is to take a few deep breaths and try to relax. This can be difficult if you are feeling anxious, but it is important to remember that anxiety is often caused by stress.
If you can find a way to reduce your stress levels, you will likely find that your anxiety decreases as well.
What Does The Bible Say About Anxiety?
The Bible has a lot to say about anxiety. In Matthew 6:25-34, Jesus speaks about anxiety and how we should not worry about the next day. He says that we should not be anxious about our lives, because our Father knows what we need.
God Is In Control
When we are feeling anxious or stressed, it can be helpful to remember that God is in control. This doesn’t mean that everything will always go our way, but it does mean that we can trust God to take care of us.
Why not turn to Him in prayer and ask for His help? He is always there for us and will never leave your side for as long as you allow Him in.
Life Is A Journey
Another thing to remember when you are feeling anxious is that life is a journey. It is not always going to be easy, but there will be good times and bad times.
Try to focus on the good times and remember that the bad times will eventually pass. This can help to ease your anxiety and stress levels.
How to overcome Anxiety and Fear
Anxiety or Fear is something that can be overcome. It's an overwhelming feeling or emotion of fear, uneasiness, and worry. We always have the choice to not let it conquer us like a slave-master.
When we feel anxiety or fear come upon us for whatever reason, we should try some of the following steps to help overcome it.
1. Pray about it
When we pray, we are communicating with God. We can tell Him our worries and fears, and ask for His help in overcoming them. The good news is that He always hears us and is ready to help.
"Call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me." - Psalms 50:15
2. Focus on the present moment
One of the best things we can do to overcome anxiety is to focus on the present moment. The bible tells us not to worry about tomorrow, because today has enough troubles of its own.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:34
3. Practice deep breathing exercises
Deep breathing is a simple but effective way to calm our nerves and ease anxiety. When we focus on our breath, it helps to take our mind off of our worries and fears.
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." - Psalm 46:10
Exercise is a great way to reduce stress, fear and anxiety. It releases endorphins, which have mood-boosting effects.
"A healthy body makes for a happy heart. A neglected body weighs down the spirit." - Proverbs 14:30
5. Spend time with friends and family
Spending time with loved ones is a great way to reduce anxiety or fear. They can provide support and encouragement, and help take our mind off of our worries.
"A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity." - Proverbs 17:17
6. Get enough sleep
Sleep is important for our physical and mental health. When we're well-rested, we're better able to handle stress and anxiety.
"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31
7. Read the bible
The bible is a great source of comfort and hope. Reading the Bible can help to ease our anxiety or fear and give us peace of mind. There are many reading plans available online or through your local church.
"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Do not be afraid, for I myself will help you, declares the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 41:13-14
8. Listen to calm Gospel music
Listening to calming gospel music can help to relax our mind and body, and let go of worry or fear. It's a great way to de-stress after a long day.
"He will quiet you with his love; he will rejoice over you with singing." - Zephaniah 3:17
What is the best Bible verse for anxiety?
There are many bible verses that can help to ease anxiety and stress, but one of the best is 1 Peter 5:6-7.
"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
This bible verse is a great reminder that we need to humble ourselves before God and cast all our anxieties onto him. When we do this, we can trust that he will care for us and help us through whatever situation we're facing.
What Jesus says about anxiety worry?
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7
This bible verse is a great reminder that we should not be anxious about anything, but instead present our requests to God through prayer and thanksgiving. When we do this, we can trust that the peace of God will guard our hearts and minds.
What is the best Depression Bible Verse?
There are many depression bible verses, but one of my favorite bible verse for depression is 2 Corinthians 4:8-9.
"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
This bible verse is a great reminder that even though we may be going through tough times, we are not alone. God is always with us, even in the darkest of times.
No matter what we're going through, we can always turn to God for help. He is always there for us, ready to comfort and guide us.
These bible verses about anxiety and fear remind us that we don't have to face our fears alone. With God's help, we can overcome anything.