Bible Verses About Hope In Hard Times
Oftentimes, when the world seems to be against us, hope can appear to be far from us. It is during these times that we often feel helpless and depressed. Yet, we forget that even when the whole world is against us, God is still there for us.
See also: Trust In God Bible Verses
Here are some power Bible verses about hope in hard times, offering comfort and reassurance that God is always with us.
Bible Verses About Hope in Hard Times
- Psalm 46:1 - "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."
- Romans 15:13 - "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Isaiah 40:31 - "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
- Lamentations 3:22-23 - "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
- Hebrews 10:23 - "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful."
- Proverbs 13:12 - "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 - "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
- Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
- Matthew 11:28 - "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 - "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
- Philippians 4:6-7 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
- John 14:27 - "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
- 1 Peter 5:7 - "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."
- Psalm 37:39 - "The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; He is their stronghold in time of trouble."
- Isaiah 43:2 - "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."
- Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."
- Psalm 56:8 - "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book."
- Proverbs 18:10 - "The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."
- Romans 5:3-5 - "Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."
- Mark 9:23 - "If you can? said Jesus. Everything is possible for one who believes."
10 Strong Quotes About Hope In Hard Times
- "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness." – Desmond Tutu
- "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." – Nelson Mandela
- "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all." – Emily Dickinson
- "Hope is the anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast." – Hebrews 6:19
- "Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense regardless of how it turns out." – Vaclav Havel
- "Hope is the word which God has written on the brow of every man." – Victor Hugo
- "Every adversity carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit." – Napoleon Hill
- "The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about." – Jonathan Harnisch
- "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." – C.S. Lewis
- "Hope is the bridge between where you are now and where you want to be." – Unknown
Please take time to meditate on some of this popular bible verses on hope and remember that not only is God our Helper in the ages past, He is even more so our Hope and Strength in the years to come.
Be still and know that I am God Scripture - Psalm 46:10
When you're feeling overwhelmed, or when things are just going too fast, it's important to remember to take a step back and be still. In order to know that God is with you, you need to be still and listen.
When you're able to find that peace within yourself, you'll be able to better navigate through the challenges of life. So take some time for yourself, and let the Lord guide you.
We hope you have been blessed by this collection of bible verses about hope in hard times, bible verses about trusting God in difficult times, bible verses about hope and faith in Christ.