40 Bible Verses About Missing Someone KJV
In this post, we will be sharing with you some uplifting bible verses about missing someone. These passages are not only for someone who is grieving, feeling sad, or trying to cope with loss.
The verses can also be used by someone who wants to encourage a friend or loved one who is missing someone they love.
Bible Verses About Missing Someone KJV
- Psalm 34:18-19 - The Lord is near to those who are discouraged; he saves those who have lost all hope. Good people suffer many troubles, but the Lord saves them from them all;"
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 - Be joyful always, pray at all times, be thankful in all circumstances. This is what God wants from you in your life in union with Christ Jesus."
- Matthew 5:4 - "Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted."
- Psalm 62:8 - Trust in him at all times, you people! Pour out your hearts before him! God is our shelter!"
- Isaiah 26:3 - You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."
- John 14:3 - "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."
- Luke 20:36 - "And they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection."
- Isaiah 40:11 - He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms, holding them close to his heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young."
- Psalm 10:17 - You, LORD, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry."
- Ruth 1:16-17 - "But Ruth replied, Don't urge me to leave you or turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me."
Bible Verses About Missing Someone You Love
- John 16:22 - So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you."
- John 16:16 - A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father."
- Isaiah 34:16 - "Look in the scroll of the LORD and read: None of these will be missing, not one will lack her mate. For it is his mouth that has given the order, and his Spirit will gather them together."
- Romans 8:38-39 - "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Genesis 31:49 - And Mizpah, for he said, The Lord watch between you and me, when we are out of one another's sight."
- Colossians 2:5 - "For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is."
- Psalm 42:1-2 - "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
- Philippians 1:3-4 - "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy.
- John 16:33 - "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
- Romans 8:28 - "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Bible Verses About Grief and Sorrow KJV
- Luke 23:43 - "Jesus answered him, Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."
- Isaiah 66:22 - "As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me, declares the Lord, so will your name and descendants endure."
- John 14:27 - "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13 "Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope."
- Jeremiah 45:3 - "Thou didst say, Woe is me now! for the LORD hath added grief to my sorrow; I fainted in my sighing, and I find no rest."
- Revelation 21:4 - "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
- Isaiah 53:3-4 - "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted."
- 1 Thessalonians 4:14 - "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him."
- John 11:25 - "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live."
- Revelation 14:13 - "And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them."
Bible Verses About Missing Someone Who Passed Away
Are you looking for scriptures to comfort those who may have lost someone? Here are some Bible verses for missing someone you can use.
- Psalm 147:3 - "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
- Proverbs 17:22 - "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."
- Psalm 59:9-10 - "I will keep watch for You, my strength, because God is my stronghold. My faithful God will come to meet me; God will let me look down on my adversaries."
- Psalm 116:15 - "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints."
- Isaiah 57:1-2 - "The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death."
- John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
- Hebrews 9:27-28 - "Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him."
- 1 Thessalonians 4:17 - "After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."
- 2 Corinthians 5:1 - "For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."
- 2 Peter 3:13 - "But in keeping with his promise, we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells."
We hope that you have been blessed by our collection of uplifting bible verses about missing someone KJV, bible verses about grieving KJV.
See also: Bible Verses About Brotherhood KJV
FAQs About Missing Someone
What does the Bible say about missing someone?
My favorite scripture that relates to this question is Psalm 34:18, which says, "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." This verse reminds me that even in my moments of pain and sadness, God is always there to comfort and heal me.