Food Trivia Questions and Answers 2023
Ever found yourself craving some food knowledge to spice up your conversations during dinner parties? Well, look no further!
In this article, we'll explore a delightful platter of food trivia questions and answers, covering topics like fun food facts, international cuisine, fast food, food history, and more.
So grab your fork and knife, and let's dig in!
See also: Fast Food Trivia Questions and Answers
- Fun Food Trivia
- International Cuisine Trivia
- Fast Food Trivia
- Food History and Origins
- Food Science Trivia
- Food in Pop Culture Trivia
- Culinary Techniques and Tools Trivia
- Food Trivia Questions and Answers Printable
- FAQs About Food
Fun Food Trivia
Fruits and Vegetables Trivia
- What vegetable is also known as a courgette?
- What is the main ingredient in guacamole?
- Which fruit is known for having the most fiber?
- What is the world's largest fruit?
- What fruit is known as the "love apple"?
Chocolate and Desserts Trivia
- What country consumes the most chocolate per capita?
- What two main ingredients make up a traditional Tiramisu dessert?
Answer: Mascarpone cheese and coffee-soaked ladyfingers.
- What popular dessert is made with ladyfingers, coffee, and cocoa powder?
- What is the main ingredient in marzipan?
Answer: Almond paste.
- What dessert is made from layers of filo pastry, nuts, and honey?
- What is the national drink of Japan?
- What country is known for inventing the Pina Colada?
Answer: Puerto Rico.
- What is the main ingredient in a traditional Bloody Mary cocktail?
Answer: Tomato juice.
- Which country produces the most wine?
- What is the primary ingredient in beer?
International Cuisine Trivia
Asian Cuisine Trivia
- What is the main ingredient in a traditional Japanese miso soup?
Answer: Soybean paste.
- What popular Indian dish is made from marinated, grilled chunks of chicken in a spiced curry sauce?
Answer: Chicken Tikka Masala.
- In which country did the rice dish "biryani" originate?
- What is the Korean dish made of fermented vegetables called?
- What Thai soup is made with shrimp, lemongrass, and coconut milk?
Answer: Tom Yum Goong.
European Cuisine Trivia
- What is the main ingredient in a Greek moussaka?
- Which country is known for inventing the sandwich?
- What is the national dish of Spain?
- What is the main ingredient in a traditional Hungarian goulash?
- What is the name of the Italian dish made of thinly sliced raw meat or fish?
Latin American Cuisine Trivia
- What is the primary ingredient in Argentine chimichurri sauce?
- What popular Mexican dish features stuffed, fried, and folded tortillas?
- What is the Brazilian dish made of black beans and various meats called?
- What is the Peruvian raw fish dish marinated in citrus juice called?
- What is the traditional Colombian soup made with potatoes and guasca leaves called?
Fast Food Trivia
- Which fast-food chain is known for its Golden Arches?
- What fast-food chain introduced the "Whopper" burger?
Answer: Burger King.
- What is the name of the Taco Bell mascot?
Answer: Gidget, the Chihuahua.
- In which year was the first KFC opened?
- What fast-food chain is known for its square hamburger patties?
Food History and Origins
Famous Food Inventions Trivia
- Who is credited with inventing the sandwich?
Answer: John Montagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich.
- What popular snack was created by accident in 1853?
Answer: Potato chips.
- Who invented the ice cream cone?
Answer: Italo Marchiony.
- Which country is credited with the creation of pizza?
- In which century were chocolate chip cookies invented?
Answer: 20th century.
Food Etymology Trivia
- What food's name comes from the Italian word for "little worms"?
- What does the word "sushi" mean in Japanese?
Answer: Sour rice.
- From which language does the word "coffee" originate?
- What does the word "barbecue" mean in Spanish?
Answer: Barbecoa, which means "a wooden framework" for grilling meat.
- What does the word "spaghetti" mean in Italian?
Answer: Little strings.
Food Science Trivia
- What is the chemical responsible for the heat in chili peppers?
- What is the process of yeast fermentation responsible for in bread-making?
Answer: Producing carbon dioxide, which makes the bread rise.
- What is the main source of energy for our bodies found in food?
- What is the natural sugar found in milk called?
- What element in food is essential for building strong bones and teeth?
Food in Pop Culture Trivia
- In the TV show "Friends," what is Ross's favorite sandwich?
Answer: The Moist Maker.
- In which movie is the famous quote "Life is like a box of chocolates" spoken?
Answer: Forrest Gump.
- In "Ratatouille," which dish does the rat Remy cook to impress the food critic?
- What is the name of the fictional restaurant in the movie "Pulp Fiction"?
Answer: Jack Rabbit Slim's.
- In "The Simpsons," what is Homer's favorite food?
Culinary Techniques and Tools Trivia
- What is the cooking method that involves submerging food in a liquid at a relatively low temperature?
- What is the term for cutting vegetables into long, thin strips?
- What kitchen tool is used to remove the zest from citrus fruits?
- What is the name of the Japanese knife used for slicing fish and seafood?
- What is the process of immersing food in boiling water for a short period and then transferring it to ice water called?
Food Trivia Questions and Answers Printable
Now that you've feasted on this diverse menu of food trivia questions and answers, you're ready to impress your friends and family with your newfound knowledge. From fun food facts to international cuisine, fast food, food history, and more, you're sure to find something to satisfy your hunger for knowledge!
FAQs About Food
What is the main ingredient in traditional Greek yogurt?
Answer: Strained cow's milk
What is the world's most expensive spice?
What is the primary ingredient in a traditional Japanese tempura batter?
Answer: Wheat flour.
What type of pastry is used to make croissants?
Answer: Puff pastry.
In which country did the Caesar salad originate?