20 Popular Bible Verses About The Soul
The Bible is a rich source of wisdom and guidance for all aspects of life, and the concept of the soul is one that is explored in depth throughout its pages.
The soul is often described as the essence of a person, the part of us that transcends the physical and lives on even after death.
In this article, we will be sharing with you some popular Bible verses about the soul and why we should guard our soul, care and be attentive to it.
- Bible Verses About The Soul
- 10 Popular Quotes About The Soul
- FAQ About The Soul
Bible Verses About The Soul
- Genesis 2:7 - "Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being."
- Matthew 10:28 - "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."
- Proverbs 20:27 - "The spirit of a man is the lamp of the Lord, searching all his innermost parts."
- Matthew 6:25-26 - "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"
- Ecclesiastes 3:11 - "He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end."
- Romans 8:38-39 - "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
- 1 Peter 2:11 - "Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul."
- Luke 12:22-23 - "And he said to his disciples, 'Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing.'"
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 - "Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
- Hebrews 4:12 - "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."
- Matthew 22:37 - "And he said to him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'"
- John 10:27-28 - "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand."
- 1 Corinthians 6:20 - "For you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."
- Ecclesiastes 12:7 - "And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it."
- Psalm 31:5 - "Into your hand I commit my spirit; you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God."
- Isaiah 53:3 - "He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not."
- Psalm 143:6 - "I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land."
- Mark 14:34 - "My soul is very sorrowful, even to death. Remain here and watch."
- 1 Peter 1:22 - "Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart."
- Ezekiel 18:20 - "The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."
10 Popular Quotes About The Soul
- "Suppose you could gain everything in the whole world and lost your soul. Was it worth it?"- Billy Graham
- "A little faith will bring your soul to heaven; a great faith will bring heaven to your soul." - Charles H. Spurgeon
- "The desire to know your own soul will end all other desires." - Rumi
- "True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul." - Audrey Hepburn
- "Come hell or high water you will never take me back to the place I was before. I have been through too much to let life whoop me again. My faith is stronger than it’s ever been, my mind is more tenacious than it’s ever been, my soul is more absolute." - T.D. Jakes
- "Lord help my poor soul." - Edgar Allan Poe
- "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." - Saint Augustine
- "The greatest enemy to human souls is the self-righteous spirit which makes men look to themselves for salvation." - Charles H. Spurgeon
- "The heart and soul of the Christian life is learning to hear God’s voice and then developing the courage to do what he asks us to do." - Bill Hybels
- "The soul that is not filled with God, is like a bird that has no place to rest" - Unknown
FAQ About The Soul
Bible verse about nourishing the soul
Proverbs 11:17 TLB "Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel."
Bible verse about feeding the soul
John 6:51 NIV "I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."
Bible verse about refreshing the soul
Psalm 51:10 NIV - "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."
Bible verse about gaining the world but losing your soul
Mark 8:36 KJV - "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Bible verse about love anchors the soul
Hebrews 6:19 NIV - "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain,"
Bible verse about saving the soul
Romans 10:9 ESV - "Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Bible verse about cleansing of the soul
Psalm 51:7 ESV - "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."
We hope that you have learned something from our collection of uplifting bible verses about the soul KJV.