How much do you know about cats? Try out our cat quiz questions and answers to see how much feline trivia you know.
Cat Quiz Questions
1. Which body part of a cat has the ability to appear and disappear?
2. In which country was a green cat was born?
3. How many bones does a cat have?
4. Which of the following foods is harmful to a cat?
5. Cats can rotate their ears at what degrees?
a: 360 degrees
b: 126 degrees
c: 180 degrees
d: 99 degrees
6. For which purpose is a cat’s tail used for?
7. Which odour is so repulsive to cats that they avoid it?
8. Which part of a cat is closely related to a human fingerprint?
9. What taste are cats unable to detect?
10. What is a female cat called?
11. What can cats see that humans can’t see?
d: UV Light
12. How old was the oldest cat ever recorded?
a: 22 years
b: 30 years
c: 45 years
d: 38 years
13. What feature does a cat have on its front legs but not back legs?
c: Joint Tibiofibular
14. How many teeth does a cat have as an adult?
15. How fast can a house cat run?
a: 40 MPH
b: 50 MPH
c: 30 MPH
d: 60 MPH
16. What is the name of a young cat called?
a: A puppy
b: A kitten
c: A Moose
d: A pups
17. Which cat species lacks a tail?
18. Which nation has the highest ratio of cats to people worldwide?
c: United States
d: New Zealand
19. What is a bunch of cats called?
20. What shade are cats’ eyes at birth?
21. How many distinct vocal sounds can a cat produce?
22. A male cat that is both orange and black is most likely what?
23. How many percentage of bones are present in a cat’s tail?
24. What is a cat’s body temperature?
a: 102 Fahrenheit
b: 108 Fahrenheit
c: 105 Fahrenheit
d: 110 Fahrenheit
25. Playing with toys helps cats to develop what ability?
a: Finding food
26. How big is an ocelot compared to a house cat?
a: About 3 times the size of the average house cat
b: About 4 times the size of the average house cat
c: About 2 times the size of the average house cat
d: About the same size as the average house cat
27. What is the name of the cat that was sent to space?
28. How much did a cat named Tommaso inherit from its owner after she passed away?
a: 10 million dollars
b: 100 thousand dollars
c: 25 thousand dollars
d: 13 million dollars
29. According to research, how many people in the U.S. are bitten by cats each year?
a: About 300,000
b: About 250,000
c: About 400,000
d: About a million
30. What percentage of time do cats use to groom themselves?
a: Between 30 and 50 percent
b: Between 10 and 15 percent
c: Between 20 and 28 percent
d: Between 2 and 8 percent
Cat Quiz Answers
5. 180 degrees
11. UV Light
15. 30 MPH
16. A kitten
18. United States
24. 102 Fahrenheit
26. About 2 times the size of the average house cat
28. 13 million dollars
29. About 400,000
30. Between 30 and 50 percent