30 Fun Easter Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
Test your knowledge of one of the most important events in the history of the world with our Easter Bible trivia questions and answers.
Easter is a time of celebration and reflection for Christians around the world. From the Last Supper to the death and resurrection of Jesus, our quiz will challenge your understanding of the Easter events.
See also: Easter Bible verses - He His Risen Verses.
Easter Bible Trivia Questions
- Q1: What did Jesus say would cry out as He rode into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday?
- Q2: What did the people say when Jesus entered Jerusalem on Palm Sunday?
- Q3: Who dressed Jesus with an elegant robe before sending Him back to Pilate?
- Q4: Who did Jesus say was the father of lies?
- Q5: What is the name of the prayer which Jesus taught his disciples?
- Q6: What was written on the cross of Jesus?
- Q7: What kind of crown was placed on the head of Jesus?
- Q8: When Jesus saw the disciples after His resurrection, what did He ask them to bring at the Sea of Tiberias?
- Q9: While in the wilderness, Jesus was tempted to turn what into loaves of bread?
- Q10: What was the name of the prisoner the people wanted released instead of Jesus?
- Easter Bible Trivia Answers
- Easter True or False Questions and Answers
- Interesting Facts About Easter
- Easter Trivia Printable
Easter Bible Trivia Questions
Q1: What did Jesus say would cry out as He rode into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday?
A: the stones
B: the angels
C: the earth
D: the animals
Q2: What did the people say when Jesus entered Jerusalem on Palm Sunday?
A: Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth; Break forth and sing for joy and sing praises
B: Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him
C: Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come
D: Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem!
Q3: Who dressed Jesus with an elegant robe before sending Him back to Pilate?
B. Herod and his soldiers
D. His disciples
Q4: Who did Jesus say was the father of lies?
A: The harlot
B: The antichrist
C: The devil
Q5: What is the name of the prayer which Jesus taught his disciples?
A: A Prayer of Supplication
B: The Lord's Prayer
C: Intercessory Prayer
D: A Prayer of Thanksgiving
Q6: What was written on the cross of Jesus?
A: His majesty
B: The carpenter's son
C: King of Israel
D: King of the Jews
Q7: What kind of crown was placed on the head of Jesus?
A: Crown of glory
B: Crown of jewels
C: Crown of nails
D: Crown of Thorns
Q8: When Jesus saw the disciples after His resurrection, what did He ask them to bring at the Sea of Tiberias?
C: Leaven Bread
Q9: While in the wilderness, Jesus was tempted to turn what into loaves of bread?
Q10: What was the name of the prisoner the people wanted released instead of Jesus?
Easter Bible Trivia Answers
- Q1: the Stone (Luke 19:40 - "He answered, I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.")
- Q2: Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! (Zechariah 9:9)
- Q3: Herod and his soldiers (Luke 23:11 - "Then Herod and his soldiers began mocking and ridiculing Jesus. Finally, they put a royal robe on him and sent him back to Pilate.")
- Q4: The devil (John 8:44 - "You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.")
- Q5: The Lord's Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13)
- Q6: King of the Jews / This is Jesus, King of the Jews (Mark 15:26; Matt 27:27)
- Q7: Crown of Thorns (John 19:2 - "The soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head. They clothed him in a purple robe")
- Q8: Fish (John 21:1-10 - "...When they landed, they saw a charcoal fire there with fish on it, and some bread. Jesus told them, Bring some of the fish you have just caught.")
- Q9: Stones (Matthew 4:3 - "The tempter came to him and said, If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.")
- Q10: (Matthew 27:17 - "So when the crowd had gathered, Pilate asked them, Which one do you want me to release to you: Jesus Barabbas, or Jesus who is called the Messiah?”)
Easter True or False Questions and Answers
Q1: Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a Horse.
A: False - Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a Donkey (Luke 19:28-40)
Q2: When the disciples saw Jesus walking on water, they thought he was an Angel.
A: False - They thought he was a ghost (Matthew 14:26)
Q3: Jesus met the woman of Samaria by a well.
A: True - (John 4:7)
Q4: Judas Iscariot tried to walk on water, as Jesus did.
A: False - It was Simon Peter that tried to walk on water when he saw Jesus (Matthew 14:29)
Q5: Mary saw an angel in white sitting where the body of Jesus had lain.
A: False - Mary saw 2 angels (John 20:12)
Q6: According to the bible, Jesus was crucified on the cross.
A: True (Matthew 27:32-56)
Q7: Jesus said to one of the thief on the cross, today you will be with me in Paradise.
A: True (Luke 23:42-43)
Q8: According to the book of Matthew, 4 robbers were crucified with Jesus.
A: False - Only two robbers were crucified with Jesus (Matthew 27:38)
Q9: Jesus was crucified in a town called Gethsemane.
A: False - Jesus was crucified in Golgotha (Matthew 27:33)
Q10: Jesus rose from the dead on the third day.
A: True (1 Corinthians 15:4)
Interesting Facts About Easter
Q1: The first Easter eggs were dyed red to remember Jesus on the cross.
Q2: What country has the world's largest collection of Easter eggs?
A: Poland (Over 1500 eggs from around the globe)
Q3: How tall is the world's biggest Easter egg?
A: The worlds tallest Easter egg is measured at 10:39m, according to the Guinness World Record.
Q4: What is the traditional Easter mascot in Australia?
A: The Easter Bilby is Australians alternative to the Easter Bunny
Q5: Is the word "Easter" in the Bible?
A: No - Easter is never mentioned in the Bible
Q6: How many chocolate bunnies are sold in the US each year?
A: About 91 Million Chocolate bunnies
Q7: What country produces the most Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies?
A: Data indicates that Germany produces a total of 220 million Easter bunnies
Q8: What animal delivers eggs to kids in Switzerland?
A: The Easter Cuckoo
Q9: What is the most popular Easter candy in America?
A: According to RetailMeNot's , Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Eggs is the most popular Easter candy in America
Q10: The Sunday before Easter is called what?
A: Palm Sunday, which is also known as Passion Sunday