Welcome to March Trivia! The month of March is the month of new beginnings as it marks the start of another spring season.
Just like every other months in the year, the month of March ushers in important historical events and cultural traditions.
A good number of events that is celebrated in this month includes the Women’s History Month, International Women’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, World Poetry Day.
Test your knowledge on these and other events that have taken place in the month of March with our March trivia questions and answers.
March Trivia Questions and Answers
1. March has how many days?
2. On 6 March 1475, Michelangelo was born in which country?
3. What year was Jon Bon Jovi born on March 2nd?
4. What is the Spanish word for March?
5. On March 3, what kicks off the 3-day Indonesian New Year celebration?
Answer: 24-hours of silence
6. In March 1930, which actor was nicknamed “King of Cool”?
Answer: Steve McQueen
7. Between 17 and 26 March, which country celebrates the Narvik Winter Festival?
8. What was Ides of March in Roman times?
Answer: A deadline for settling debts
9. What sport is associated with ‘March Madness’?
10. On 1 March 1994, which Canadian singer was born?
Answer: Justin Bieber
11. Who started the women’s history month that is observed every March?
Answer: President Jimmy Carter
12. On the 30th of March 1945, Eric Clapton was born in which country?
Answer: United Kingdom
13. What other month ends on the same day every year as March?
14. On 12th March 1913, which city became Australia’s capital?
15. In Walker, Texas Ranger, which actor played the lead role and was born on March 10th, 1940?
Answer: Chuck Norris
16. March’s birthstone is what?
17. In what city was Alexander Graham Bell born on March 3rd, 184?
18. What is Sharon Stone’s most famous movie?
Answer: Basic Instinct
19. What was the name of the oil tanker that spilled gallons of oil of the coast of Alaska’s Prince William Sound?
Answer: Exxon Valdez
20. On March 14, 1933, which legendary producer was born
Answer: Quincy Jones.
Quiz About The Month Of March
21. What is the date of St Patrick’s Day?
Answer: 17th of March
22. In 1964, who broke his own world indoor mile record?
Answer: Tom O’Hara
23. On the 27th of March 1969, the ‘Queen of Christmas’ was born. Who is she?
Answer: Mariah Carey
24. March’s birth flower is what?
25. On March 25, 1807, what was abolished by the British Parliament?
Answer: The Slave Trade.
26. Barbie’s official birthday is when?
27. What famous Parisian landmark was inaugurated on March 31st, 1889?
Answer: Eiffel Tower
28. On March 25, 1911, the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in New York City killed how many people?
Answer: 146 people
29. On March 12th, 1894, which drink was sold in glass bottles for the first time?
Answer: Coca Cola
30. The 8th of March is Sarah Michelle Gellar’s husband’s birthday. Who is he?
Answer: Freddie Prinze Jr.
31. On March 11, 1918, what virus hit American shores?
Answer: Spanish Influenza
32. On March 6th 1869, Dmitri Mendeleev presented what for the first time?
Answer: he Periodic Table
33. On the 8th of March, which global holiday is celebrated?
Answer: International Women’s Day
34. In which TV show did Jenna Fischer portray Pam Beesly?
Answer: The Office
35. Which president was inaugurated on the 4th of March 1801 in Washington DC?
Answer: Thomas Jefferson
36. According to history, Julius Caesar was assassinated in Rome in what year?
Answer: March 15, 44 BC
37. On the 6th of March 1836, which Texan battle ended?
Answer: Battle of Alamo
38. What city was Andrew Young (born 12 March 1932) the mayor of?
39. The International Day of Forests is observed what day in March?
Answer: 21st March
40. Which year in March did the last American soldiers leave Vietnam, marking the end of the Vietnam War?
Ultimate March Trivia Questions
41. On 2 March 1899, which US National Park was established?
Answer: Mount Rainier National Park
42. In what country was Mikhail Gorbachev born on 2 March 1931?
Answer: Soviet Union
43. In which movie did Reese Witherspoon portray Elle Woods?
Answer: Legally Blonde
44. On the 9th of March 1943, which American Chess Grandmaster won a game dubbed ‘the game of the century’?
Answer: Bobby Fischer
45. What was the premiere date of Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
46. On March 7, 1974, which Office star was born?
Answer: Jenna Fischer
47. On what date did a bomb goes off in a men’s room at the US Capitol, causing extensive damage?
Answer: March 2, 1971
48. On March 3rd, 1923, which magazine was published for the first time?
Answer: Time magazine
49. Which year was the Boston Massacre on the 5th of March?
50. Ireland became the first country in the world on 29 March 2004?
Answer: Introduce a total smoking ban
51. Theoretically, Albert Einstein was born in March 1879. What is his most famous theory?
Answer: Theory of relativity
52. When Alexander Graham Bell patented the telephone on March 7, 1876, how old was he?
53. What was the date of the adoption of the Confederate States Constitution?
Answer: March 11, 1861
54. Franco Harris (born March 7, 1950) is best known for what sport?
Answer: American Football
55. What colour is associated with St Patrick’s Day?
56. Which body adopted the celebration of the World Poetry Day which is observed every March?
57. Jessica Biel was born on March 3rd, 1982. Who is her husband?
Answer: Justin Timberlake
58. On March 21, 2006, what was sent for the first time?
59. In Argentina, what fruit celebrates its harvest festival in March?
60. Which Dutch painter was born in March 1853 and is known for his works “The Starry Night” and “The Yellow House”?
Answer: Vincent Van Gogh