How much do you know about the month of January and historical events associated with the month? Check out our January trivia questions and answers to find out.
January is a great month as it marks the start of a new year, so there’s plenty to talk about. You will learn a lot about the many interesting facts related to the first month of the year.
So if you are ready, let’s get quizzing on some January trivia questions and answers!
See also Binance Learn and Earn Quiz Answers.
January Trivia Questions and Answers
1. What birthstone falls in January?
Answer: Garnet and the rose quartz
2. In Mad Men, who was January Jones portraying?
Answer: Betty Draper
3. What flower symbolises January?
4. On January 1, 2022, the NASA Hubble Space Telescope officially reached what milestone?
Answer: The one-billion seconds mark
5. What U.S. state celebrates its admission to the Union on January 6th?
6. What day does the US President take the Oath of Office?
Answer: 20th of January
7. Which nation rings in the new year first?
8. Which English monarch was crowned on January 13, 1559?
Answer: Elizabeth I
9. 20 January 1930, saw the birth of Buzz Aldrin. What is his reputation?
Answer: Second person to walk on the moon
10. Which state joined the Union as a state on January 2, 1788?
Easy January Trivia Questions and Answers
11. Which sarcophagus was found by Howard Carter on January 3, 1924, in the Valley of Kings?
12. George Martin, a well-known music producer, was born on January 3, 1926. Who produced the renown?
Answer: The Beatles
13. Which year’s January 4 marked the birth of Sir Isaac Newton?
14. 15 January 1929, marked the birth of Martin Luther King Jr. In which metropolis was he born?
15. What year was January 19 when Dolly Parton was born?
16. In January 1880, who was the recipient of the lightbulb patent?
Answer: Thomas Edison
17. In January 1944, which siege was broken by the Soviet forces?
18. On what date was the U.S. capitol attacked by protesters protesting against the presidential election?
Answer: January 6th, 2021
19. Which formula 1 driver was born on January 3, 1969?
Answer: Michael Schumacher
20. On January 4, 2004, which NASA Mars Rover successfully landed on the planet?
Hard January Trivia Questions and Answers
21. Which year’s January started the Golden Gate Bridge’s construction?
22. What country have the coldest temperatures in January?
23. The largest recorded snowflake fell in Fort Keogh, Montana, and measured 15 inches wide and 8 inches thick. In which year did this occur?
Answer: January 28, 1887
24. January is also the National Soup Month and National Hot Tea Month in which country?
Answer: United States
25. Thomas Paine published his famous pamphlet “Common Sense,” which argued for American independence from Great Britain in which year?
Answer: January 10, 1776
26. Napoleon Bonaparte divorced his wife Joséphine de Beauharnais and married Archduchess Marie Louise of Austria in which year?
Answer: January 10, 1810
27. In January 10, 1871, the first U.S. patent for a pneumatic hammer was issued to?
Answer: Charles F. Pankhurst
28. On January 10, 1927, the first transatlantic telephone call was made between which countries?
Answer: New York City and London
29. On January 10, 1935, who became the first person to fly solo from Hawaii to California?
Answer: Amelia Earhart
30. On January 10, 1943, the United States and Great Britain signed what Declaration, calling for the unconditional surrender of the Axis powers in World War II?
Answer: the Casablanca Declaration
What Happened In The Month Of January Quiz
31. On January 10, 1976, the Concorde supersonic passenger jet made its first commercial flight, traveling from?
Answer: London to Paris
32. On January 1st, 1863, which country abolished slavery?
Answer: United States of America (Emancipation Proclamation)
33. Which two sports have professional championships held in January?
Answer: Football (Super Bowl) and Basketball (NBA Finals)
34. Who was the first president of the United States to be inaugurated on January 20th?
Answer: Franklin D. Roosevelt
35. On January 20, 1778, English navigator James Cook discovered the Hawaiian Islands, which he named?
Answer: the Sandwich Islands
36. The United States Senate approved an agreement to lease Pearl Harbor in Hawaii as a naval base in what year?
Answer: January 20, 1887
37. On January 5, 1885, the first successful appendectomy was performed by?
Answer: Dr William W. Grant in Davenport, Iowa
38. On January 25, 1924, the first Winter Olympics were held in which country?
Answer: Chamonix, France
39. A coalition of forces led by the United States launched air strikes against Iraq in response to its invasion of Kuwait on January 17, 1991. What was the code name for the operation?
Answer: Operation Desert Storm
40. On January 27, 1973, the Vietnam War officially ended with the signing of what peace accords?
Answer: the Paris Peace Accords