The Sermon on the Mount Questions and Answers is a test of your knowledge on one of the most famous sermons in history.
This quiz will cover topics such as what the speech was about, who delivered it, and what its lasting impact has been.
Sermon on the Mount Questions
1. In the “Sermon on the Mount”, what were the things Jesus said should be done in secret?
d: All of the above
2. What contrasts did Jesus make in the “Sermon on the Mount”?
a: Strait and wide gates
b: Narrow and broad ways
c: Good and corrupt trees
d: All of the above
3. Jesus describes us as what?
a: Chosen generation
b: Royal priesthood
c: Salt of the earth
d: All of the above
4. Who was Jesus talking to in Sermon on the Mount?
a: A few crowd
b: His disciples and a large crowd
c: The Pharisees
d: The Sadducees
5. What is the main message of the Sermon on the Mount?
b: Hate your enemies
c: Righteousness, Compassion and Justice
d: Judge and convict others
6. Who did Jesus say would see God in the beatitude?
a: The Meek
b: The Merciful
c: The Peacemakers
d: The Pure in heart
7. Where did Jesus give his first public sermon?
a: In the church
b: In the valley
c: In the palace
d: On the mount
8. In which book of the Bible can you find “The Sermon on the Mount”?
a: Matthew 5:1 to 7:29
b: Luke 7:1 to 9:62
c: Mark 2:1 to 4:41
d: John 5:1 to 7:53
9. Fill in the blank: “For where your treasure is, there your __ will be also.
10. Where did the sermon on the mount take place?
11. Jesus says you should lay up your treasures where?
a: in a bank
b: in our house
c: in heaven
d: in a safe place
12. Fill in the blank: “For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until __.”
a: my father returns
b: the Lord’s day
c: the last trump sounds
d: everything is accomplished
13. Fill in the blank: “You are the __ of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.”
14. Jesus said, He came not to abolish but to __ the law.
d: add to
15. Fill in the blank: “When you fast, do not look sombre as the __ do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full”
16. Fill in the blank: “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called __.
a: the merciful
b: kings and queens
c: the children of God
d: the pure in heart
17. Fill in the blank: “Blessed are the __: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
c: pure in heart
d: poor in spirit
18. Fill in the blank: “Blessed are the __: for they shall obtain mercy.”
b: poor in spirit
19. Jesus said, “You are the __ of the earth”
20. Fill in the blank: “Judge not lest ye be __”
d: cast put
21. In the days of old, anyone who divorces his wife must give her what?
a: Certificate of sponsorship
b: Certificate of divorce
c: A reasonable compensation
d: An apology note
22. The Bible warns us that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already done what?
a: Expressed his love
b: Sinned against its body
c: Committed an unforgivable sin
d: Committed adultery
23. Complete this sentence: “Eye for eye, and tooth for __”
24. The Bible says we should love our enemies and pray for those who __?
a: persecute you
b: robbed you
c: loved you
d: praise you
25. In the sermon on the mount, Jesus said: “When you give to the needy, __”
a: bow down and worship God
b: shout with the voice of triumph
c: do not announce it with trumpets
d: ask them to return with profit
26. Jesus said, “when you give to those in need, you should not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving maybe what?”
a: a weapon against your enemies
b: a covenant
c: known to men
d: in secret
27. In the sermon on prayer, Jesus said, “When you pray, you should pray in secret and not be like the who?”
c: False prophets
28. Jesus also warns that, “when you pray, you should not keep on babbling like the?”
29. In the sermon on fasting, Jesus said, “when you fast, you should put oil on your head and what else?”
a: wash your face
b: wash your feet
c: cover your head
d: wash your hands
30. In the sermon on treasures in heaven, Jesus said, “you should not store up your treasures on earth, where what will destroy it”
a: Locust and Grasshopper
b: Criminals and Crime fighters
c: Moths and Vermin
d: Maggots and Slugs
31. Jesus says that the eye is the lamp of what?
c: The body
32. Jesus warns that no one can serve two masters. You cannot serve both God and __.
a: self gratification
33. Jesus says, “We should seek first __ and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
a: his kingdom
b: his face
c: his glory
d: our salvation
34. In the sermon on judging others, Jesus said you should take what out of your eyes first before you can remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
a: The eye protector
b: The plank
c: Your glasses
d: The scales
35. Jesus said, we should not give what to dogs or “do not cast pearls before swine”.
a: What is holy
b: What is expensive
c: Unhealthy bones
d: What is unholy
36. Jesus says that when you ask, you shall receive, and when you seek him, you will?
a: be filled with the spirit
b: be saved
c: find him
d: receive double portion
37. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” is universally known as what rules?
a: The Adamic rule
b: The covenant rule
c: The exile rule
d: The golden rule
38. Jesus describes two gates, the wide one leads to destruction while the narrow leads to what?
39. Whom did Jesus say will come to you in sheep’s clothing?
a: False teachers
b: False prophets
c: False shepherds
d: False disciples
40. Jesus warns that not everyone who says Lord Lord will __?
a: receive the gift of spirit
b: become his disciple
c: worship him
d: enter the kingdom of heaven
Sermon on the Mount Answers
1: All of the above – Matthew 6:1-18
2: All of the above – Matthew 7:13-18
3: Salt of the earth – Matthew 5:13
4: His disciples and a large crowd – Mark 9:14
5: Righteousness, Compassion and Justice
6: The Pure in heart – Matthew 5:8
7: On the mount – Matthew 5:1
8: Matthew 5:1 to 7:29
9: Heart – Matthew 6:21
10: Mountainside – Matthew 5:1
11: In heaven – Matthew 6:20
12: Everything is accomplished – Matthew 5:18
13: Light – Matthew 5:14
14: Fulfil – Matthew 5:17
15: Hypocrites – Matthew 6:16
16: The children of God – Matthew 5:9
17: Poor in spirit – Matthew 5:3
18: Merciful – Matthew 5:7
19: Salt – Matthew 5:13
20: Judged – Matthew 7:1
21: Certificate of divorce – Matthew 5:31
22: Committed adultery – Matthew 5:28
23: tooth – Matthew 5:38
24: persecute you – Matthew 5:44
25: do not announce it with trumpets – Matthew 6:2
26: in secret – Matthew 6:4
27: Hypocrites – Matthew 6:5
28: Pagans – Matthew 6:7
29: wash your face – Matthew 6:17
30: Moths and Vermin – Matthew 6:20
31: The body – Matthew 6:22
32: money – Matthew 6:24
33: his kingdom – Matthew 6:33
34: The plank – Matthew 7:5
35: What is holy – Matthew 6:6
36: find him – Matthew 7:7
37: The golden rule – Matthew 7:12
38: Life – Matthew 7:13
39: False prophets – Matthew 7:15
40: enter the kingdom of heaven – Matthew 7:21
Sermon on the Mount PDF
Sermon on the mount scriptures: Matthew 5:1-7:27