The book of Exodus 16 tells the story of manna from heaven. Manna was a substance that fell from heaven and was used as food by the Israelites during their journey in the wilderness.
We hope that you find this quiz questions and answers very informative and educative. Check out our quiz on Jesus Walks On Water Bible Quiz Questions and Answers.
Manna From Heaven Questions
1. After the Israelite’s left Elim, they journeyed next to where?
a: Desert of Sin
b: Desert of Paran
c: Desert of Ziph
d: Desert of Kadesh
2. While they camped at the desert of sin, the Israelite’s complained to Moses and Aaron about what?
d: Snake bite
3. What did God promise to rain down from the sky for the Israelites?
4. How often did God instruct them to gather the food in order to test them if they will follow His instructions?
a: Twice weekly
b: Every weekend
c: Every fortnight
d: Every day
5. On which day did God instruct them to gather twice as much as usual?
a: On the 7th day
b: On the 6th day
c: On the 5th day
d: On the 4th day
6. What did Moses say the Lord will give the Israelites to eat in the evening?
7. What did God promise to give them to eat in the morning?
b: Word of life
8. While Aaron talked with the people, they all turned towards the desert and saw what?
a: The glory of God
b: A pillar of fire
c: A rainbow
d: A pillar of cloud
9. What flew into the camp of the Israelites at evening?
a: A flock of ravens
b: A flock of seagulls
c: A flock of doves
d: A flock of quails
10. How long did the Israelites eat quail and manna?
a: For forty days
b: For forty weeks
c: For forty years
d: For forty months
11. When the Israelites saw something thin and flaky on the surface of the desert that looked like frost, what did they ask each other?
a: Wow did you see that?
b: What is it?
c: Did God do this?
d: Can we name this thing we are seeing?
12. According to Moses, God commanded that each family should gather how many Manna per person?
a: An omer
b: A pot
c: A bag
d: A drum
13. Moses warned them that no manna should be kept until when?
14. When some Israelites disobeyed God by keeping part of the manna till morning, what happened to the manna?
a: The quails ate it
b: It became bitter
c: It turned to dust
d: Filled with maggots
15. On which day is manna not available to the Israelites?
a: On Yom Kippur day
b: On Passover day
c: On Sabbath day
d: Feast of Tabernacles
16. According to the Israelites, manna tasted like what?
a: Banana pudding with honey
b: Candy with honey
c: Wafers made with honey
d: Legumes mixed with honey
17. God told Moses to preserve an omer of manna for what?
a: As a testimony against them
b: As a sign of His love
c: Next generation to see the grains He gave them to eat
d: Next generation to see the bread He gave them to eat
18. According to ancient measurement, an omer is what ephah?
19. Manna is likened to what seed?
a: Mustard seed
b: Celery seed
c: Cumin seed
d: Coriander seed
20. What happens to the manna when exposed to hot Sun?
a: It became solid
b: It melted away
c: It evaporated
d: It burned
Manna From Heaven Quiz Answers
1. Desert of Sin – Exodus 16:1
2. Hunger – Exodus 16:3
3. Food – Exodus 16:4
4. Every day – Exodus 16:4
5. On the 6th day – Exodus 16:5
6. Meat – Exodus 16:8
7. Bread – Exodus 16:8
8. The glory of God – Exodus 16:10
9. A flock of quails – Exodus 16:13
10. For forty years – Exodus 16:35
11. What is it? – Exodus 16:14
12. An omer – Exodus 16:16
13. Morning – Exodus 16:19
14. Filled with maggots – Exodus 16:20
15. On Sabbath day (the seventh day) – Exodus 16:26
16. Wafers made with honey – Exodus 16:31
17. Next generation to see the bread He gave them to eat – Exodus 16:32
18. one-tenth – Exodus 16:36
19. Coriander seed – Exodus 16:31
20. It melted away – Exodus 16:21
Frequently Asked Questions
What is manna?
Manna is a supernatural food that God gave to the Israelites during their forty years journey in the wilderness.
Why did God provide manna for the Israelites?
God provided manna as a source of food for the Israelites and to show them His power and goodness.
What is the wilderness of Sin in Exodus 16?
The wilderness of Sin is a location mentioned in the book of Exodus 16. It is described as being a piece of land located between Elim and Sinai. The Israelites travelled through the wilderness of Sin during their journey from Egypt to Mount Sinai.