Ready for a challenge? Test your knowledge with these fun Bible Riddles for adults, or Bible riddles questions and answers for all ages to learn about the word of God.
Riddle me this: What is the world’s oldest book? The Bible, of course! This collection of riddles is inspired by the good book. See how many you can get right!
Bible Riddles For Adults
1. I didn’t have faith when I was walking on the water.
2. I wrote Paul’s letter to the Romans.
3. I was a judge. I fell backward from my seat and died.
4. I was taken by the river, raised in the empire and got married in the desert.
5. Phinehas and I are the children of Eli.
6. I killed more people in my death than in all my life.
7. I started to reign when I was 8 years old.
8. God created me on the first Day.
A: Earth, Space, Time and Light
B: Dry Land and Plants
C: The Animals and Men
9. I refused to come when the king wanted to show me off at a feast in front of his drunken guests.
10. The apostle Paul gave Alexander and I to Satan so he could punish us.
11. I am the commander of Saul’s army.
12. I am a chapter on the book of Psalms, and I end all my verses the same way.
A: Psalms 142
B: Psalms 136
C: Psalms 150
13. I struck down a giant that had 6 fingers in each hand and 6 toes in each foot.
14. God made garments off me for the man and the woman.
15. Saul went to see a medium, and she saw me coming up out of the earth.
16. I am a sacred book. On me it is written: “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!”
17. I asked for the body of Jesus after his death.
A: John the Baptist
B: Joseph of Arimathea
18. I was given to God, that is, to the priest, to be raised in the temple of God.
19. I am the only apostle that went blind.
20. I am an important man, and I came to meet Jesus Christ one night to ask him questions.
21. I was sick of the mind for seven years.
22. I am a sacred book. The word “God” is not mentioned on me.
23. I am the ninth commandment.
A: Remember the Sabbath
B: Honor your father and your mother
C: Shall not bear false witness
24. I am the angel that spoke to Zechariah.
25. I am a prophetess. I was called by king Josiah to interpret the Law.
26. I got my two daughters pregnant.
27. I baptized Jesus.
C: John the Baptist
28. I am a heap. I served as a witness between Jacob and Laban.
29. The ark of God stayed in my house for three months.
30. I was called the Twin.
31. I am the last book of the Bible.
B: 3 John
32. I rebuilt the walls of Jerusalem in 52 days.
33. I was the first person in the Bible to retire.
34. I threw a feast that lasted for 180 days.
35. I was with Paul in prison when there was a great earthquake.
36. I am David’s great-grandmother.
37. I am the only woman in the Bible whose age is mentioned.
38. I kept my faith, as if I saw him who is invisible.
39. The conversation another disciple and I had with Jesus resurrected on the road to Emmaus was very interesting, however in the New Testament only my name is mentioned.
40. I am a boy, and I almost died of hunger and thirst in the desert.
41. I promised to serve Laban for 7 years to have his daughter in marriage.
42. Job lived on me.
A: the land of Uz
B: the land of Egypt
C: the land of Israel
43. My wisdom consisted of divine knowledge.
44. I said: “but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries.”
45. I am Lot’s son.
46. I walked with God and disappeared, because God took me to him.
47. I am Timothy’s mother.
48. I am a king. I made myself horns of iron when I prophesied in front of another king.
49. I am Rachel’s father.
50. During Egypt’s exodus, Moses took my bones with him.
51. I walked with God for 300 years.
52. I started to reign when I was 12 years old.
53. I was the king that reigned over Jerusalem the longest.
54. Luke wrote his book and the book of Acts to me.
55. As described in 1 Chronicles, I built two cities.
56. I prophesied that Jesus’ name would be: “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
57. I was born in Bethlehem. I saw the Spirit of God come from Heaven. I was tempted by the devil. I healed Peter’s mother-in-law.
B: John the Baptist
58. I was promoted from servant to prime-minister.
59. I died for my breach of faith against the Lord, for not keeping His word and also for seeing a medium for guidance.
60. I am the bread that God sent from heaven, which was white as coriander seed and tasted like wafers made with honey.
61. I am the paralyzed man from Lydda who was cured by Peter.
62. I was accused of stealing a cup from a high officer in Egypt.
63. I got wages for raising my own son.
64. I am the tenth commandment.
A: Shall not covet
B: Shall not commit adultery
C: Shall not steal
65. I was accused by the king of Israel to only prophesize evil to him.
66. I dealt with wizardry and I burnt my own son as a sacrifice.
67. I said: “whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s.”
68. I am Samson’s father.
69. I made the iron of an axe float.
70. My brother violated me.
71. I am Isaac’s brother.
72. I was sold for 20 shekels of silver.
73. I am Samuel’s firstborn.
74. Paul said to the church in Corinth that I am the last enemy to be destroyed.
75. I am the blind man who was seen and cured by Jesus, because I was crying out “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
76. I married my own aunt.
77. I violated my sister Tamar.
78. I was a judge.
79. I am Aaron’s wife.
80. I was Apostle Paul’s helper on writing the first letter to the Corinthians.
81. I am Hannah’s (Samuel’s mother) husband.
82. I am Jesus’ mother.
83. I had my lips purified with a burning coal.
84. God told me to destroy the Amalekites completely.
85. Through prayer, I had 15 years added to my life.
A: King David
B: King Hezekiah
C: King Solomon
86. I was the first bigamous the Bible talked about.
87. Paul compared me to a covenant, to Mount Sinai and to Jerusalem.
88. While Jesus preached, I worried about serving; I was loved by Jesus. I am also Lazarus and Mary’s sister.
A: Mary Magdalene
89. I said this: “You have the words of eternal life.”
90. I said: “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
A: Jesus Christ
Answers For Bible Riddles For Adults
1. Peter – Matthew 14:29
2. Tertius – Romans 16:22
3. Eli – 1 Samuel 4:18
4. Moses – Exodus 2
5. Hophni – 1 Samuel 1:3
6. Samson – Judges 16:30
7. Josiah – 2 Kings 22:1
8. Earth, Space, Time and Light – Genesis 1:1-5
9. Vashti – Esther 1:10-12
10. Hymenaeus – 1 Timothy 1:20
11. Abner – 1 Samuel 14:50
12. Psalms 136
13. Jonathan – 2 Samuel 21:20-21
14. Skin – Genesis 3:21
15. Samuel – 1 Samuel 28:14
16. Psalms – Psalm 150:6
17. Joseph of Arimathea – Matthew 27:58
18. Samuel – 1 Samuel 1:24-28
19. Paul – Acts 9:8-9
20. Nicodemus – John 3:1-2
21. Nebuchadnezzar – Daniel 4:31-33
23. Shall not bear false witness – Exodus 20:16
24. Gabriel – Luke 1:18-19
25. Huldah – 2 Kings 22:14
26. Lot – Genesis 19:30-36
27. John the Baptist – Matthew 3:13
28. Galeed – Genesis 31:48
29. Obed-Edom – 1 Chronicles 13:12-14
30. Thomas – John 11:16
31. Revelation – Revelation
32. Nehemiah – Neh 2:5
33. Jehoiachin – Jeremiah 52:33-34
34. Ahasuerus – Esther 1:3-4
35. Silas – Acts 16:25-26
36. Ruth – Ruth 4:13-17
37. Sarah – Genesis 23:1
38. Moses – Heb 11:27
39. Cleopas – Luke 24:18
40. Ishmael – Genesis 21:14-19
41. Jacob – Genesis 29:18
42. the land of Uz – Job 1:1
43. Paul – 1 Corinthians 2:6-7
44. Daniel – Daniel 2:28
45. Moab -Gen 19:37
46. Enoch – Genesis 5:24
47. Eunice – 2 Timothy 1:5
48. Zedekiah – 2 Chronicles 18:1-10
49. Laban – Genesis 29:5-6
50. Joseph – Exodus 13:19
51. Enoch – Genesis 5:22
52. Manasseh – 2 Kings 21:1
53. Manasseh – 2 Kings 21:1
54. Theophilus – Luke 1:3, Acts 1:1
55. Sheerah – 1 Chronicles 7:24
56. Isaiah- Isaiah 9:6-7
57. Jesus – Matthew 2
58. Joseph – Genesis 41:40-44
59. Saul – 1 Chronicles 10:13-14
60. Manna – Exodus 16:31
61. Aeneas – Acts 9:33
62. Benjamin – Genesis 45, 46
63. Jochebed – Exodus 2:8-10
64. Shall not covet – Exodus 20:17
65. Micaiah – 2 Chronicles 18:8-24
66. Manasseh – 2 Kings 21:6-11
67. Paul – Romans 14:8
68. Manoah – Judges 13:2 and 24
69. Elisha – 2 Kings 6:6
70. Tamar – 2 Samuel 13:14
71. Ishmael – Genesis 16 and 17
72. Joseph – Genesis 37:28
73. Joel – 1 Samuel 8:2
74. Death – 1 Corinthians 15:26
75. Bartimaeus – Luke 18:38
76. Amram – Exodus 6:20
77. Amnom – 2 Samuel 13:14
78. Deborah – Judges 4:4
79. Elisheba – Exodus 6:23
80. Sosthenes – 1 Corinthians 1:1
81. Elkanah – 1 Samuel 1:2
82. Mary – Luke 2
83. Isaiah – Isaiah 6:6-7
84. Saul – 1 Samuel 15:3
85. King Hezekiah- 2 Kings 20:1-6
86. Lamech – Genesis 4:19
87. Hagar – Galatians 4:21-26
88. Martha – John 11
89. Peter – John 6:68
90. Paul – 2 Timothy 4:7
Bible Riddles For Adults PDF
Click the button below to download the pdf version of this quiz.
We hope that you have been blessed and learnt something from our collection of Bible riddles for adults, bible quiz questions and answers game.
Watch out for more bible brain teasers and answers, tricky bible riddles, biblical riddles, funny bible riddles.
Keep checking back for more fun Christian quiz questions and answers. Also don’t forget to check out our blog section for the latest frequently asked bible questions and quizzes.