20 Fun Questions and Answers About King Solomon
In this post we will be looking at frequently asked questions and answers about king Solomon (Bible trivia on king Solomon). At the end of this page we have a small quiz to test your knowledge on how much you know about King Solomon in the Bible. This is a good way to test your IQ about the word of God. So how well do you know the bible?
We have a collection of popular questions asked about one of Israel's greatest king by the name King Solomon, who had encounters with God, built God's temple (called the first Jewish temple), obtained wisdom from God (He was described as the wisest man in his time), but fell in the later part of his life due to idolatry.
- Bible Quiz On King Solomon - Questions
- Bible Quiz On King Solomon - Answers with Bible verse
- Who came to Solomon in a dream?
- Why did Solomon lose favor with God?
- What happened to the kingdom of Israel after the death of Solomon?
- What happened to Solomon's temple?
- Who rebuilt Solomon's temple?
- What book of the Bible is King Solomon in?
- Where in the Bible is the story of King Solomon and the baby?
- How many books did king Solomon write?
- How did king Solomon die?
- Famous Bible Quotes from King Solomon
- Questions and Answers About King Solomon
Bible Quiz On King Solomon - Questions
Q1: Who anointed King Solomon?
A: Nathan the prophet
C: Zadok the priest
D: Cherethites and Pelethites
Q2: How long did it take Solomon to build the temple?
A: 10 years
B: 7 years
C: 4 years
D: 20 years
Q3: Who was the mother of Solomon?
Q4: How did Solomon determine who the rightful mother of the child is?
A: God told him
B: Drew lots
C: A witness came forward
D: Threatened to divide the child
Q5: How many concubines did Solomon have?
Q6: How long did Solomon reign over Israel?
A: 50 years
B: 20 years
C: 40 years
D: 35 years
Q7: What was the name of Solomon's son that became his successor?
Q8: What are the the names of the pillars that stood on the porch of Solomon's temple?
A: Jamin & Jemuel
B: Hezron & Hamul
C: Merari & Kohath
D: Boaz & Jachin
Q9: What produce from Lebanon was used in the building of Solomon's temple?
B: Cedar Wood
D: Oak Wood
Q10: For how many days did Solomon and the Israelites feast at the dedication of the temple?
A: 14 days
B: 12 days
C: 7 days
D: 11 days
Q11: Who gave Solomon the plan for the temple?
A: Nathan, the prophet
B: An angel of God
C: King David, his father
D: Zadok, the priest
Q12: What did Solomon ask of God in his dream?
A: Abundant Blessing
C: Long Life
Q13: Which queen heard about Solomon’s wisdom and came to meet him?
A: Queen of Babylon
B: Queen of Asyria
C: Queen of Sheba
D: Queen of Egypt
Q14: How many wives did king Solomon in the Bible have?
Q15: King Solomon's reign was an era of __?
A: economic collapse
B: war and strife
D: peace and prosperity
Q16: Which Bible book was not written by Solomon?
D: Songs of Songs
Q17: What terrible sin did Solomon commit towards the end of his life?
Q18: What large building did Solomon build?
Q19: In Song of Solomon, how is the lady's hair described?
A: As a shining waterfall
B: As tender leaves in the morning sun
C: As rippling gold
D: As a flock of goats that appear from Gilead
Q20: Where in the Bible is the reference to "the rose of Sharon and the lily of the valleys"?
C: Song of Songs
Q21: How old was king Solomon of Israel when he died?
D: No one knows
Q22: What did king Solomon pray for?
Bible Quiz On King Solomon - Answers with Bible verse
Q1: Zadok the priest - 1 Kings 1:39
Q2: 7 Years - 1 Kings 6:38
Q3: Bathsheba - 1 Kings 1:11
Q4: Threatened to divide the child - 1 Kings 3:16–28
Q5: 300 - 1 Kings 11:3
Q6: 40 Years - 1 Kings 11:42
Q7: Rehoboam - 2 Chronicles 10:1
Q8: Boaz & Jachin - 1 Kings 7:21
Q9: Cedar Wood - 1 Kings 5:6; 1 Kings 4:33
Q10: 14 days - 1 Kings 8:65
Q11: King David, his father - 1 Chronicles 28:12
Q12: Wisdom - 1 Kings 3:5-9
Q13: Queen of Sheba - 1 Kings 10:1
Q14: 700 - 1 Kings 11:3
Q15: peace and prosperity - 1 Kings 4:20-34
Q17: Idolatry - 1 Kings 11:5-7
Q18: Temple - 1 Kings 6
Q19: As a flock of goats that appear from Gilead - Song of Solomon 4:1
Q20: Song of Songs
Q21: No one knows as it was not written in the Bible
Q22: Wisdom - 1 Kings 3:9
Who came to Solomon in a dream?
That night the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream, and God said, "What do you want? Ask, and I will give it to you!" - 1 Kings 3:5
Why did Solomon lose favor with God?
What led to Solomon's downfall was the numerous wives and concubines' he had, turned his heart away from serving God to serving the gods of his wives and concubines' - 1 Kings 11:1-4
What happened to the kingdom of Israel after the death of Solomon?
Before Solomon's death, God appeared to him and said "because you have done this, and you have not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom from you, and will give it to your servant" - 1 Kings 11:11.
And so it was after Solomon died, his son, Rehoboam became king, however the kingdom split into north (called Israel) and south (called Judah). Rehoboam fled from Israel and ruled over Judah while Jeroboam ruled over Israel.
What happened to Solomon's temple?
Solomon's temple as recorded in the Bible was completely destroyed by Nebuzaradan commander of the imperial guard, an official of the king of Babylon, King Nebuchadnezzar during the reign of King Zedekiah - 2 Kings 25:8-10
Who rebuilt Solomon's temple?
After the destruction of the first temple by King Nebuchadnezzar, Solomon's temple was rebuilt the second time by Zerubbabel with the first group of Jews, who returned from Babylonian captivity during the reign of Cyrus the Great.
What book of the Bible is King Solomon in?
King Solomon is mentioned in a couple of books of the Bible. This includes 2 Samuel, 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles.
Where in the Bible is the story of King Solomon and the baby?
The story of king Solomon and the baby is mentioned in 1 Kings 3:16-28. This story is about 2 mothers who both gave birth 3 days apart and one died later. The mother whose child died secretly exchanged the life baby with her dead baby.
The two mothers exchanged words over whose baby is and took the matter to king Solomon. After king Solomon had listened to both mothers, he requested for a sword to divide the living baby between the 2 women. But the true mother of the living baby out of compassion asked her baby be given to the other wicked mother while the wicked mother was happy to divide the baby.
Solomon on seeing that then knew that the true mother of the living baby showed compassion hence the baby was given to her.
How many books did king Solomon write?
No one knows the exact number of books of the Bible king Solomon wrote. However, it is believed that king Solomon wrote three books of the Bible.
How did king Solomon die?
The Bible does not specifically tell how king Solomon died, so we have to conclude that king Solomon died naturally and he was buried in the city of his father David.
Famous Bible Quotes from King Solomon
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. - Proverbs 3:5
- The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice. - Proverbs 12:15
- Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, for he will despise the good sense of your words. - Proverbs 23:9
- A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back. - Proverbs 29:11
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction. - Proverbs 1:7
- Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. - Proverbs 27:17
- Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy. - Proverbs 31:9
- Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man's dwelling, but a foolish man devours it. - Proverbs 21:20
- Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender. Whoever sows injustice will reap calamity, and the rod of his fury will fail. Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor. - Proverbs 22:6-9
- Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established. - Proverbs 16:3
Questions and Answers About King Solomon
We hope that you have been blessed and have learnt something about King Solomon from our Questions and Answers About King Solomon or Bible Quiz on king Solomon. Don't forget to also check out The Ten Commandments Bible Quiz.