50 Father's Day Trivia Questions and Answers 2023
Test your knowledge and learn something new about Father's Day with these Father's day trivia questions and answers, and interesting facts about father's day.
Father's Day is a time set aside to honor all fathers, grandfathers, great-grandfathers, uncles, or other important figures. During fathers day, my children go out of their way to get me a simple gift, most of which is a nice tie.
Not every culture celebrates Father's Day, but in those that do, the holiday provides an opportunity to express gratitude and love for the father figures in our lives.
Whether through gifts, special meals, or quality time spent together, Father's Day is a chance to honor the sacrifices and hard work that fathers put in every day.
See also Presidents Day Questions And Answers.
Easy Father's Day Trivia Questions
1. Which country celebrates Father's Day on the third Sunday in June?
2. In what year was Father's Day first celebrated in the United States?
3. What is the flower typically associated with Father's Day?
4. Which famous comedian created a popular Father's Day song called "Daddy Sang Bass"?
5. In what year was the term "Father's Day" first coined?
6. In Australia, Father's Day is celebrated on which day of the year?
7. Which US president signed Father's Day into law as a national holiday?
8. What is the most common gift given on Father's Day?
9. Which founding father of the United States did not have any child?
10. What is the name of the father in the popular TV show "The Simpsons"?
11. Which country celebrates Father's Day on Ascension Day?
12. Who is known as the "Father of the Nation" in India?
13. In Thailand, Father's Day is celebrated on which day of the year?
14. Which holiday inspired the creation of Father's Day?
15. What is the traditional meal served on Father's Day in the United States?
16. Which musician wrote a song called "Father and Son"?
17. Which popular US department store chain introduced Father's Day as a commercial holiday in the early 1900s?
18. Which US state made Father's Day an official holiday before it was nationally recognized?
19. What is the traditional color associated with Father's Day?
20. Which superhero is known for his paternal instincts and love for his daughter, Laura?
Easy Father's Day Trivia Answers
- United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom
- June 19, 1910
- Johnny Cash
- First Sunday in September
- Richard Nixon
- George Washington
- Homer Simpson
- Mahatma Gandhi
- December 5th
- Mother's Day
- Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam)
- J.C. Penney
Hard Father's Day Quiz Questions
1. What is the name of the Nobel laureate scientist whose father, Pierre Curie, also received a Nobel Prize?
2. What is the name of the father in the popular TV show "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air"?
3. In what year did fathers day become a national holiday in the UK?
4. Which artist created a popular sculpture called "Father and Child"?
5. Which famous father and son duo starred in the movie "The Pursuit of Happyness"?
6. What is the name of the father of Homer Simpson in the popular TV show "The Simpsons"?
7. In Germany, Father's Day is celebrated on which Christian holiday?
8. National Stepfamily Day celebrated on September 16th was founded by who?
9. Which US president approved the idea of Father's Day holiday but never signed a proclamation for it?
10. In Brazil, Father's Day is celebrated on which day of the year?
11. Which famous father and daughter duo starred in the movie "On Golden Pond"?
12. What is the name of Kobe Bryant's father who himself was also a basketball player, and played in the NBA?
13. In which country is Father's Day celebrated every August 8th to mark the 8 years anti-Japanese war?
14. What is the name of the father in the popular TV show "Family Guy"?
15. Which US president was the first to issue a proclamation honoring Father's Day as a national holiday?
16. In the UK, Father's Day is celebrated on which day of the year?
17. Who was the first son of a former President to be elected?
18. What is the name of Simba's father in the Disney movie "The Lion King"
19. Name the father of Mary Crawley in the TV show Downton Abbey?
20. Which Pixar movie was about a father swimming across the ocean in search of his missing son?
Hard Father's Day Trivia Answers
- Irene Curie
- Philip Banks
- Henry Moore
- Will Smith and Jaden Smith
- Abraham Simpson
- Ascension Day
- Christy Tusing-Borgeld in 1997
- Woodrow Wilson
- Second Sunday in August
- Henry Fonda and Jane Fonda
- Joe Bryant
- Peter Griffin
- Lyndon B. Johnson
- Third Sunday in June
- John Quincy Adams
- Finding Nemo
Famous Fathers Questions
1. Who are known in history as the father of modern physics?
2. Who is considered the father of modern psychology?
3. Who is the father of the United States of America?
4. Who is considered as the father of modern electricity and electrical system?
5. Who is the father of modern computer science?
6. Who is the father of modern medicine?
7. Who is the father of modern chemistry?
8. Who is the father of modern geology?
9. Who is the father of modern economics and considered the pioneer behind ideas such as free trade and the gross domestic product (GDP)?
10. Who is the father of modern criminology?
Famous Fathers Answers
- Galileo Galilei, Sir Isaac Newton, and Albert Einstein
- Wilhelm Wundt
- George Washington
- Nikola Tesla
- Alan Turing
- Antoine Lavoisier
- James Hutton
- Adam Smith
- Cesare Lombroso
Fun facts about Father's Day
- The first Father's Day was celebrated in the United States in 1910 in Spokane, Washington.
- Father's Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
- Father's Day is celebrated on March 19, the Feast of St. Joseph in some countries, such as Italy and Spain.
- According to the National Retail Federation, Americans spent over $18 billion on Father's Day gifts in 2020.
- The most common Father's Day gifts are greeting cards, clothing, and electronics.
- The word "dad" comes from the first syllable of the word "dada," which means "father" in many languages.
- Father's Day is the fourth-largest card-sending occasion in the United States, after Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Mother's Day.
- The world's oldest dad is Ramjit Raghav from India, who fathered a child at 96.
- In Thailand, Father's Day is celebrated on December 5, the birthday of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, who is considered the father of the nation.
- The traditional Father's Day flower is the rose, with red roses symbolizing living fathers and white roses symbolizing deceased fathers.