How much do you know about new year’s eve and new years day? Try out our New Years Trivia questions and Answers to learn more about historical and Biblical events.
New Year is a time to reflect on the past year and thank God for his mercies and blessings. It is a time to reflect on what God had done for you and your family throughout the previous year.
New Year is also when about 90% of the world’s population decides to make New Year’s resolutions. Most resolutions involve self-improvement and rededicating one life to God.
In America, millions focus on the sparkling Waterford crystal times square new years eve ball to mark each year’s celebration.
To celebrate this new years eve celebration, we have put together some easy new year’s trivia quizzes, medium new year’s trivia questions and some hard family new year’s eve quizzes to keep you entertained.
New Year’s Day Quiz Questions and Answers
1. What was the first New Year’s ball to drop in Times Square?
Answer: The first New Year’s ball to drop in Times Square was a 700-pound iron and wood ball, lit with one hundred 25-watt bulbs. It was dropped on December 31, 1907.
2. What is the traditional color of New Years?
Answer: Red is considered to be the traditional color of New Year’s, as it’s said to bring good luck and fortune.
3. Which countries celebrate the Iranian/Persian new year?
Answer: Countries that celebrate the Iranian/Persian new year include Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
4. When did January 1st become recognized as the start of a new year?
Answer: According to history, January 1st was made an official holiday by Julius Caesar in 46 BC and has since become recognized as the start of a new year around the world!
5. On what day of the year does New Year’s Day fall?
Answer: January 1st
6. How many days are there in a leap year?
Answer: 366 days makes a leap year
7. What is the name for the celebration that marks the start of a New Year?
Answer: New Year’s Celebration
8. Who wrote the classic poem “Auld Lang Syne”, which is sung at midnight during New Year festivities around the world?
Answer: Robert Burns
9. The Times Square Ball Drop has been held in New York City since what year?
Answer: Since 1907
10. What is the traditional New Year’s Day meal in the Southern United States?
Answer: The traditional New Year’s Day meal in the Southern United States is black-eyed peas, collard greens, and cornbread.
New Year’s Eve Quiz Questions and Answers
1. Which product Ads was banned from American TV on January 1, 1971?
2. Which calendar year is Chinese New Year based upon?
Answer: The Lunar Calendar
3. How many people are estimated to watch the Waterford crystal Times Square New Year’s Eve ball drop each year?
Answer: About 1 billion
4. In what year was the first fireworks for the New York New Years Eve celebration?
5. Who do you kiss at midnight in Scotland every New Year’s eve?
Answer: Everyone in the room
6. One of the top new years resolution is what?
Answer: To exercise and lose weight
7. What is Rosh Hashanah in Jewish religion?
Answer: The beginning of the New Year
8. The Waterford crystal ball that is dropped in Times Square on New Year’s Eve as what geometrical shape?
Answer: Geodesic Sphere
9. What is eaten in Spain before New Year at one minute before midnight?
10. In which city in Australia has one of the largest New Year’s celebrations?
New Years Trivia Questions and Answers – Bible Quiz
1. Ananias and Sapphira sold some property and kept part of the proceeds secretly for themselves. What happened to them?
Answer: They died
2. One of the ten commandments forbids the coveting of a neighbor’s property. Which of the ten commandment is this?
3. After the exile, the Jews decided to sought for wealth and possessions for themselves instead of doing what?
Answer: Rebuilding the temple
4. When Saul defeated the Amalekites, he disobeyed God by taking possessions from the land, and sparing a king. What was the name of the king he spared?
5. In a parable told by Jesus, what did the rich man do with the surplus of crops that he grew?
Answer: Built larger barns to store them
6. How many cities did the Levites possess?
7. In the parable of the prodigal son, what animal was used to celebrate his coming home?
Answer: A fattened calf
8. What did Jesus do first before driving out the money changers out of the temple?
Answer: Made a whip
9. Which animal concealed a coin with which Jesus used to pay His taxes?
10. When the Pharisees asked Jesus whether it was lawful to pay taxes to Caesar what object did he use to answer their question?
Answer: A Roman coin
11. What silver item was placed in Benjamin’s sack?
Answer: A Silver Cup
12. Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver, and in what else?
13. According to Proverbs, getting treasures by lying may lead to what?
14. How many shekel’s of silver did Jeremiah pay to Hanameel his uncle’s son for a field in Anathoth?
15. What did God promise Abraham as an everlasting possession?
Answer: The land of Canaan
Bible Trivia Questions and Answers For New Year’s
1. Who thought he could purchase the power of God for money?
Answer: Simon the Sorcerer
2. Who said in the Bible silver and gold have I none?
3. What did Naboth refuse to sell to King Ahab?
Answer: A Vineyard
4. What is the root of all evil according to the Bible?
Answer: Love of money
5. Shem, Ham and Japheth were the sons of who?
6. Who did God appear to in the burning bush on the mountain of God?
7. Who did God reveal himself to in the Old Testament?
8. Who baptized Jesus in the Jordan river?
Answer: John the Baptist
9. What is the name of the sea Jesus walked on?
Answer: The sea of Galilee
10. Where are the 10 plagues in the Bible?
Answer: Blood, frogs, lice, flies, livestock pestilence, boils, hail, locust, darkness, and the killing of the first child.
11. What is another name for the Sermon on the Mount?
Answer: The Beatitudes
12. Who was thrown into the fire in the Bible?
Answer: Three Hebrew children – Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego
13. How many New Testament books were written by John?
Answer: 4 (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John)
14. Who was the one that came to Jesus by night?
15. Where did Jesus preach his first sermon?
Answer: On the mount, “The Mount of Beatitudes”
16. How many days Jesus spent in the grave?
Answer: 3 days
17. What did Simon Peter do for a living before he became an apostle?
18. What language was the oldest Bible written in?
Answer: Biblical Hebrew
19. What’s the first book in the Bible?
20. Did John the Baptist write any books of the Bible?
Answer: John the Baptist did not write any books of the Bible. According to prophet Isaiah, John the Baptist is referred to as the messenger sent ahead to prepare the way for the coming of the messiah. The voice of one calling in the wilderness
We hope that you have been blessed and learnt something from our collection of new years trivia questions and answers. Keep checking back for more fun Christian quiz questions and answers.