40 World Health Day Quiz
Celebrate World Health Day by taking our World Health Day quiz and testing your knowledge on global health issues. Learn new facts and figures while having fun!
World Health Day is celebrated on April 7th every year to raise awareness about global health issues and promote healthy living. The theme for World Health Day 2023 is "Building a fairer, healthier world for everyone."
See also: Arbor Day Trivia
To mark this occasion, we have created an interactive quiz on world health day that covers various aspects of global health. Whether you are a healthcare professional or a curious individual, our quiz is designed to challenge and educate you.
So, let's get started and see how much you know about World Health Day and global health!
World Health Day Quiz
1. In which year was the first World Health Day celebrated?
2. What does WHO stand for?
Answer: WHO stands for World Health Organization.
3. Which disease was eradicated worldwide due to the efforts of the World Health Organization?
4. What is the name of the WHO's global initiative to combat counterfeit medicines?
Answer: IMPACT, which stands for International Medical Products Anti-Counterfeiting Taskforce.
5. Which essential nutrient is necessary for the body to absorb calcium and maintain strong bones?
Answer: Vitamin D is necessary for the body to absorb calcium and maintain strong bones.
6. Which country has the highest life expectancy in the world?
7. What is the most common type of cancer in women worldwide?
Answer: Breast cancer
8. What does BMI stand for, and what does it measure?
Answer: BMI stands for Body Mass Index, and it measures a person's body weight in relation to their height to determine if they are underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese.
9. Which disease is caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)?
Answer: Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)
10. Which mosquito-borne disease is a leading cause of death in tropical and subtropical regions?
11. When is World Health Day celebrated every year?
Answer: World Health Day is observed annually on April 7.
12. What is the purpose of World Health Day?
Answer: To raise awareness about global health issues and promote well-being.
13. Which organization is responsible for organizing World Health Day?
Answer: World Health Organization (WHO)
14. In which year was the World Health Organization founded?
15. What was the theme of World Health Day in 2021?
Answer: Building a fairer, healthier world for everyone
16. Which disease was the focus of World Health Day in 2018?
Answer: Universal Health Coverage
17. How many regions is the World Health Organization divided into?
18. What are the six components of the WHO's Health Promotion model?
Answer: Healthy public policy, creating supportive environments, strengthening community action, developing personal skills, reorienting health services, and moving into the future.
19. What are the three core functions of the World Health Organization?
Answer: Providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, and setting norms and standards.
20. What does the acronym NCD stand for in the context of global health?
Answer: Non-Communicable Diseases
Quiz On World Health Day
21. What are the four main types of NCDs?
Answer: Cardiovascular diseases, cancers, chronic respiratory diseases, and diabetes.
22. Which disease is the leading cause of death globally?
Answer: Cardiovascular diseases
23. What is the largest global initiative aimed at preventing and controlling NCDs?
Answer: The Global Action Plan for the Prevention and Control of NCDs 2013-2020
24. What is the name of the WHO's international health regulations aimed at preventing and responding to public health threats?
Answer: International Health Regulations (IHR)
25. What is the most common mental health disorder globally?
26. Which virus caused a global pandemic in 2020?
Answer: SARS-CoV-2, which leads to COVID-19
27. What are the three main ways COVID-19 is transmitted?
Answer: Respiratory droplets, contact with contaminated surfaces, and aerosol transmission.
28. What is the name of the WHO's global initiative to ensure equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines?
29. What are the primary components of a healthy diet according to the WHO?
Answer: Fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, and whole grains.
30. How much physical activity does the WHO recommend for adults per week?
Answer: At least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity.
31. What does the acronym SDG stand for in the context of global health?
Answer: Sustainable Development Goals
32. Which SDG is specifically focused on health and well-being?
Answer: SDG 3
33. What is the target year for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals?
34. What is the name of the WHO's campaign to promote hand hygiene in healthcare settings?
Answer: Clean Care is Safer Care
35. What are the five key moments for hand hygiene according to the WHO?
Answer: After body fluid exposure/risk, after touching a patient, and after touching patient surroundings.
36. Which type of diabetes is characterized by the body's inability to produce insulin?
Answer: Type 1 diabetes
37. What is the recommended daily intake of added sugars for adults according to the WHO?
Answer: Less than 10% of total energy intake, with a further reduction to below 5% providing additional health benefits.
38. What are the three main types of prevention strategies in public health?
Answer: Primary prevention, secondary prevention, and tertiary prevention.
39. How much water should an average adult drink per day to stay hydrated?
Answer: An average adult should drink about 2 liters or 8 cups of water per day to stay hydrated.
40. How many member nations are now part of WHO as at 2022?
Leave a Reply