This planet is filled with iconic landmarks. From the Pyramids of Giza to the Eiffel Tower, there are some amazing feats of engineering and natural beauty to behold.
Take this famous landmarks quiz questions and answers to see how many of these landmarks you can name!
- Question Game To Play With Friends
- Quiz On Continents
- Space Quiz Questions and Answers
- Science Trivia Questions and Answers
- Veterans Day Trivia Questions and Answers
Famous Landmarks Quiz Questions and Answers
1. What is the largest and tallest pyramid in the world?
Answer: The Great Pyramid of Giza
2. What is the tallest mountain on Earth?
Answer: Mount Everest
3. In which country is the Eiffel Tower located?
4. What country made the Statue of Liberty?
5. In which country is the Statue of Liberty located?
Answer: United States of America
6. Which city’s landmarks include Faneuil hall?
Answer: City of Boston
7. In which city is Christ the Redeemer statue located?
Answer: Rio de Janeiro
8. In which country is the biggest waterpark in the world?
Answer: Caribbean Bay, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
9. In which country is Machu Picchu located?
10. In which country is angel falls located?
11. In which city is The Colosseum located?
Answer: Rome, Italy
12. The great wall of china located in which continent?
13. The nickname for the Great Bell of the striking clock at the north end of the Palace of Westminster in London, England is called?
Answer: The Big Ben
14. Which city’s landmarks include coit tower and the ferry building?
Answer: San Francisco
15. In which country is Sydney Opera House located?
16. What is the name of the palace in which the late queen of England, Queen Elizabeth 11 used to live in?
Answer: Buckingham Palace
17. Who is known for wrapping large architectural landmarks in fabric?
18. Stonehenge is one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. Where is it located at?
Answer: Wiltshire, England
19. What is the name of the famous orange bridge in California?
Answer: Golden Gate Bridge
20. In which state can you find the Grand Canyon?
General Landmarks Questions and Answers
1. What Roman emperor built a famous wall in the North of England as a line of defence against the Picts?
Answer: The emperor Hadrian
2. What is the most famous landmark in New York?
Answer: Statue of Liberty
3. In which city is the One World Trade Center located?
Answer: New York City
4. Where is the ancient citadel Acropolis located?
Answer: Located in the city of Athens, Greece
5. What city is Mount Rushmore in?
Answer: Located in Black Hills of South Dakota, US
6. What famous monument was dedicated on memorial day in 1922?
Answer: The Lincoln Memoria
7. Notre Dame is one of the most famous Gothic cathedrals in the world. In which country is it located?
8. Leaning Tower of Pisa is located in which country?
9. Where is the Hollywood sign located?
Answer: Los Angeles, CA
10. The Petronas twin towers is located in which country?
Answer: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
11. How tall is the Tokyo tower in feet?
Answer: 1090 feet
12. Cerro El Plomo mountain in the Andes is located in which country?
Answer: Santiago, Chile
13. The great Sphinx of Giza is associated with the pyramid of which Pharaoh?
Answer: Pharaoh Khufu
14. Where is the Sistine Chapel located today?
Answer: The Vatican City State
15. The Great Barrier Reef is off the coast of which country?
Answer: Queensland, Australia
16. The empire state building in New York was finished in?
17. What name is given to the area of about 40000 interlocking basalt columns in Northern Ireland?
Answer: The Giant’s Causeway
18. Which waterfall borders between the United States of America and Canada?
Answer: The Niagara Falls
19. What is the name of the giant marine sinkhole off the coast of Belize?
Answer: The Great Blue Hole
20. This religious landmark in the Old City of Jerusalem is a holy site in Islam, Christianity, and Judaism for thousands of years. What is the site called?
Answer: The Temple Mount
World Landmarks Quiz Questions and Answers
1. In which city can you find the Dome of the Rock, located on Temple Mount?
Answer: The Old City of Jerusalem
2. The tallest building in the world Burj Khalifa is located in which city?
Answer: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3. What is the world largest coral reef system called?
Answer: The Great Barrier Reef
4. Which sacred rock is the most famous natural landmark in Australia?
5. Which landmark in Singapore is famous for its Supertrees?
Answer: Gardens by the Bay
6. In which city is Mount Fuji located?
Answer: Central Honshu, Japan
7. How many floors are in the Empire State Building?
8. How tall is the Empire State Building?
Answer: 381m, 443m to the tip
9. Which observation tower is regarded to be the most iconic landmark in Seattle?
Answer: Space Needle
10. Which famous castle in Schwangau, Germany was the inspiration for Disneyland?
Answer: Neuschwanstein Castle
11. What is the name of the bridge that connects Denmark and Sweden?
Answer: The Øresund Bridge
12. Lake Wanaka is one of the famous natural landmark in New Zealand. What is sticking out of the river?
Answer: A tree
13. What is the name of the bridge that connects Manhattan and Brooklyn?
Answer: The Brooklyn Bridge
14. Which famous fountain in Rome is it illegal to take coins from?
Answer: Trevi Fountain
15. American presidents live in the White House. Where is the white house located?
Answer: Washington, D.C.
16. Which mountain is the highest mountain in Antarctica?
Answer: Mount Vinson Massif
17. What is the name of the building that serves as the headquarters of the United States Department of Defense?
Answer: The Pentagon
18. Which famous landmark in London did Prince William and Kate Middleton get married?
Answer: Westminster Abbey
19. In which city is the Alhambra palace located?
Answer: Granada, Paris
20. What is the largest telescope in the world?
Answer: Gran Telescopio Canarias